abortion for animals

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
I'm not sure how I feel about it either. I would hate to be in that position, I don't know what I would do.
June 9th, 2010, 07:30 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket Master View Post
Ok, I found this on a Catholic website and it's interesting

So I guess they do have souls, just not human souls?
That is correct. Catholics believe that animals have souls, just not the same soul that all humans possess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
"cafeteria" ? The script says what? What's isn't right? I don't understand your post at all.

Catholics who follow and understand the teachings of the Church call other "Catholics" cafeteria Catholics who call themselves Catholics but say they believe other things. They like to call themselves Catholics but then say they disagree with the Church on major teachings or don't bother to practice their faith at all. The whole "cafeteria Catholic" thing doesn't really fit in with this discussion.
June 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Thanks, Margaret. I'd never heard of that before.
June 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Veteran
Although I don't like the idea of aborting puppies and kittens, sometimes it is just a necessary evil. The shelters are overflowing with puppies and kittens and there are not enough homes. Thousands of healthy pups and kittens are put down every day, their only crime was being born into over population. My outlook would be, they are either going to be aborted or end up going through the shelter system and being put to sleep. A lucky few might make it into forever homes, but many will make into a homes of irresponsible pet owners who will eventually turn them over to the shelter.

It's very sad but the only solution is spaying and neutering. And as one poster was talking about pit bulls and the evils of backyard breeding. Some people see a dog and only see money signs. They don't research the breed, they don't do health testing on the animals, they don't do anything and when the pups are born they just hand them over to anyone who has the cash. Which in turn rebuilds the vicious cycle of breeding for money and overpopulation in shelters.
June 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
I'd only do it if there was a really necessary reason to.

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*
June 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
The cafeteria style of faith isn't exclusive to Catholics. I often refer to "cafeteria Christianity" because, in my experience, the mentality exists across the board.

To the OP: because of the current overpopulation in shelters and rescues, I feel that, in most cases, it is the most humane thing to do. People that aren't responsible enough to spay/neuter their animals, take the necessary measures to prevent pregnancy for their pets or, worse, purposely bred their pets (irresponsibly) in an effort to make a profit, are not going to take the necessary steps to ensure that the animals go to a responsible home. I would much rather the offspring be aborted than bring intot he world the next generation of shelter pets that will be eventually euthanized, anyways.

June 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
SubWife2311's Avatar Sub Wife and Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Child View Post
Although I don't like the idea of aborting puppies and kittens, sometimes it is just a necessary evil. The shelters are overflowing with puppies and kittens and there are not enough homes. Thousands of healthy pups and kittens are put down every day, their only crime was being born into over population. My outlook would be, they are either going to be aborted or end up going through the shelter system and being put to sleep. A lucky few might make it into forever homes, but many will make into a homes of irresponsible pet owners who will eventually turn them over to the shelter.
Just to play Devil's advocate here...does that mean that you support abortion for humans as well? Because there are thousands of children in shelters and orphanages that never get adopted. Just a thought.

June 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.VanDrew View Post
Just to play Devil's advocate here...does that mean that you support abortion for humans as well? Because there are thousands of children in shelters and orphanages that never get adopted. Just a thought.
Well, children aren't euthanized when they aren't adopted. However, I'm personally of the opinion that a dog is generally better off euthanized rather than living in a shelter, unloved, unwanted, unstimulated, etc. I'm not sure I can (or should) say that about children, though.

But my response might be irrelevant, since I don't "support" abortion for either.
June 20th, 2010, 12:54 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.VanDrew View Post
I know this wasn't directed at me but that is part of the reason why I do support abortion for humans.
June 28th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love animals so I don't know. I had a cat who lost a litter of kittens she ended up stealing another cat's litter, so they have feelings.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

July 22nd, 2010, 03:38 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftnjn View Post
I love animals so I don't know. I had a cat who lost a litter of kittens she ended up stealing another cat's litter, so they have feelings.
That was a result of instinct, not "feelings". Your cat's body went through labor and birth but lacks the cognitive ability to register the loss of her litter. The only thing your cat understood is that she had given birth and she was driven, by instinct, to nurture and protect her kittens. The fact that she stole a litter of kittens to fulfill her instinctual need was dumb luck.

I had a friend who's Beagle had a hysterical pregnancy after she got out one day and mated with a neighbor's dog. She had all of the symptoms of pregnancy. She was didn't go into heat during the period of time, she became gradually bloated, etc. It wasn't until my friend took her to the vet a month later to check on the pregnancy that an u/s revealed the dog wasn't pregnant at all. Nevertheless, the dog went through a hysterical labor, shortly after that. There were no puppies but the dog compensated by using remotes, wireless phones and a stuffed animal as her puppies. She would carry these items around (always the same three things) and place them in her bed. She would lie down next to them and "nurse" them. She would clean them, etc. After a couple of months, she just stopped.

July 22nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
:O

**tears**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search