If your daughter became pregnant...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Froggy View Post
Playing devils advocate... what if your very young daughter was raped and became pregnant. She had an extremely complicated pregnancy where she is told that if she goes on with the pregnancy she will have an extremely high likelihood of dying, as would the baby because of the trauma from birth. SO... what would you choose... both your child and grandchild dying, or abortion?

I am sorry but this argument makes not sense to me. So, daughter is raped and she becomes pregnant. Let's say she doesn't know right away and first goes to doc at 12 weeks - or whenever I guess - it doesn't really matter. So, at that point the doc can already tell the pregnancy will be so complicated and if she continues she will likely die? Or are you talking later in the pregnancy? I'm trying to figure out what the possible situation would be where a doctor could predict so early on that the pregnancy will be SO complicated that the mom and baby will both die.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
August 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
My sister just went through this last november. My niece got pregnant at 13,she's a very immature girl. My sister and everyone in her life encouraged abortion to her. She had one at 5 weeks thank god.

November 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
I was pregnant @ 16 with twins. I would NOT want my daughter to go through the whole teenage pregnancy thing esp at the age of 12 or 13.

That and I think my SO would have a stroke to say the least. Its just far too young
June 25th, 2013, 04:32 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I fully believe all my children have the rights to their own body, which is why I did not pierce my daughter's ears when she was a baby, or circumcise my son - an abortion is much more invasive and i could never force her. My husband is catholic, and I am pro-life anyway, so I wouldn't even encourage it - much less force it. I would support her and be with her every step of the way and help her make the best decision for herself and her future - whatever that may be.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I am pro choice.... but if my daughter gets pregnant at any age under 18 then heck yes I would march her tooshie straight to the clinic.... wouldn't hesitate for a sec.... if shes under age its not her choice its mine.... and I think its ludicrous for people to let teens decide ... they r children and shouldnt get to choose something that could destroy thier lives... I will educate her and do whatever I can for her not to end up a pregnant teen but if it did happen then I would absolutly make her get an abortion. .. she dosent have a choice on that subject
September 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy cass View Post
I am pro choice.... but if my daughter gets pregnant at any age under 18 then heck yes I would march her tooshie straight to the clinic.... wouldn't hesitate for a sec.... if shes under age its not her choice its mine.... and I think its ludicrous for people to let teens decide ... they r children and shouldnt get to choose something that could destroy thier lives... I will educate her and do whatever I can for her not to end up a pregnant teen but if it did happen then I would absolutly make her get an abortion. .. she dosent have a choice on that subject
Wow, that's extremely authoritarian. A few things to consider:
- plenty of teens under aged 18 have children who they care for properly and those children turn out just fine, as do their mothers. I was one of them. Having a baby does not necessarily "destroy" their life. Forcing them to have an abortion against their will just might.
- is your daughter aware of this policy you have? Some might argue that this stance will leave you open to the "but mom, you said you'd get me an abortion if I ever got pregnant" defense.
- whether or not YOU agree with your child having a child, it's still not your choice. Your choice is to not support the pregnancy. It's your daughter's choice to abort or not, not yours, no matter how much control you'd like to exert over the situation.
MindyRambo likes this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

September 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
MindyRambo's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy cass View Post
Oh yes she does have a choice, just ask any health care provider. I think your view is kind of extreme, and I find it demeaning that you would try to force something on someone under 18, ok I get them not making the choice 100% themselves if they are 14, but a 17 year old? You don't get to decide for her what she does with her body.

ETA: I find it pretty interesting that you dug this up to be your first post on JM. Seems like you were looking to get a rise out of people.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.

Last edited by MindyRambo; September 26th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search