Which is easier?

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking about this after reading the other thread...which do you think is the easier or more socially accepted side of this debate? Personally, I feel as a pro-choicer I'm constantly on the defense. I think people see that I'm pro-choice and assume I'm pro-abortion, and anti-babies, when this is not the case. I also feel like people judge me or think I am a bad Christian because of it. I always feel like I have to explain my views on the issue and defend myself and my P.O.V.

What are your thoughts?
August 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I believe it depends on where you live. Being actively prolife is easier in an area where the political and social climate lean that way. Being actively prochoice is easier in opposite conditions.
August 24th, 2006, 08:41 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
I believe it depends on where you live. Being actively prolife is easier in an area where the political and social climate lean that way. Being actively prochoice is easier in opposite conditions.[/b]
That is a great answer!

I remember the first time I ever had my first debate with a gal about this... I was in English Class, and the pro-life gal was saying abortion was wrong.. I remember the first thing out of my mouth ~ Really? If you're at school right now, where is your child? (She was one of the teenage pregnancies of my class. Her and I were at one point good friends. Her mom was a very loving supportive lady who I admired.. Obviously her mom stayed at home to help look after the baby..) I stood there and told her not all of us have parents that are willing to help. That was the start.. I just knew then her options and mine where in completely different categories.. We lived in a small, old-fashion town.. Even if I wanted an abortion, I would have to bus it to the city to get one.. That would have been the least of my problems.. My dad told me point blank he would kick me out of the house if I got pregnant. Thank the stars the one doctor we had (who was the validevictorian's dad) gave me free BC when I went for it.. I completely taken for granted the fact that was a right given to me. ((prayers to the world))

I think it's really hard somedays to be pro-choice.. I've been called a babykiller before.. but that just makes my stance stronger. So many females don't have options.. Women who want to have control of their own reproductive bodies can't... ((prayers for Gloria Steinem and people like her who did pave the way for rights over reproductive selves ~ thank you girl for your work.)) I appreicate so much what work was done previously allow my freedoms today...

Quote:
I don't think one is any harder than the other. Its only hard because people make it hard. Because people feel the need to force their beliefs on others, and others feel the need to defend themselves.[/b]
That is a great answer too.. If the passion was removed, we would be released of so much suffering.
August 25th, 2006, 08:47 AM
chlodoll
i think it depends where you live. pro-choice seemsd to be more the norm where i live
August 25th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know to be honest because its not something that comes up much in my daily life other than here on JM.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search