more abortion clinincs killing babies born alive..

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1675724/posts . It is disgusting that abortion happens anyways but can you believe people at those places are actually killing babies born alive as well?It is teriible!I just happened upon this news story while looking in another abortion debate forum on the web.
August 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM
irishxrose
That's from an extremist Christian pro-life site, so I am not going to take it seriously. Find me an article about this that is NOT biased, and maybe I will consider what you are saying to be true.
August 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
CBS News[/b]
thanks mommyof3 for finding that. People who are for abortion seem to be in such denial that they do not believe christian sites and I am a christian.So, there is your evidence.. it is a true story!.
August 27th, 2006, 02:53 PM
pretty_in_a_casket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pretty_in_a_casket
We aren't in denial, it's just that alot of christian sites are actualy what I would be called pro-life propaganda sites, and alot of them have information that is not valid, made up, and/or have altered videos/pictures. If you think all christian sites always tell the "truth" about abortion then you're in denial. Oh, and BTW, Pro-Choice does not mean that we're for abortion, or pro-abortion, it means that we are Pro-Choice, as in for the choice not nessicarily the abortion itself. I haven't read either of those articals yet, I don't like to read nazi propaganda so naturaly I'm not going to like to read Pro-Life propaganda either. I will however be taking a look at Mommyof3's link from CBS News, as it comes from a valid source that isn't known to me to spew Pro-Life/Anti-Choice Extreamist views in peoples faces. I'll be editing this with my reply to that story when I look at the CBS artical, and get back from the grocery store.
August 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
CBS News[/b]
thanks mommyof3 for finding that. People who are for abortion seem to be in such denial that they do not believe christian sites and I am a christian.So, there is your evidence.. it is a true story!.
[/b]
This story may very well be true, but most people don't take Christian sites seriously for good reason. It's not that she is in denial it's that she has (and so have I) seen many falsified stories before by these types of sites. And if you google it, you are hard pressed to find a really credible news source. Also some of the actions of pro-lifers in this country make it still even harder to believe because of some of their “theatrics”

Secondly that story is gross. And if it’s true it just goes to show there are bad people every where. Bad things happen every day, it’s incredibly sad. Once that baby is out of the womb, they have broken the law. I truly hope this baby didn’t suffer.
August 27th, 2006, 04:27 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
CBS News[/b]
[/b]
This story may very well be true, but most people don't take Christian sites seriously for good reason. It's not that she is in denial it's that she has (and so have I) seen many falsified stories before by these types of sites. And if you google it, you are hard pressed to find a really credible news source. Also some of the actions of pro-lifers in this country make it still even harder to believe because of some of their “theatrics”

Secondly that story is gross. And if it’s true it just goes to show there are bad people every where. Bad things happen every day, it’s incredibly sad. Once that baby is out of the womb, they have broken the law. I truly hope this baby didn’t suffer.
[/b]
Thank you!! You replied much better than I could!
August 27th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
it actually happens all the time. When I was pregnant i went into preterm labour. Every week I was was a week she could have been born at. So my curious mind wandered the internet every week looking at babies born at that stage. In the earlier stages (even later) theere were a lot of abortion stories. There was a litlte girl who was aborted using the chemical the put in the amniotic sac to kill the baby. well she was born at 23weeks, alive and breathing. She died.
August 27th, 2006, 06:40 PM
mrobinson
GWB signed a law to protect against this stuff in 2002-ish... You know, we have laws against rapes and they still happen all the time.. This is life and sometimes things happen we don't want to happen. It's easy to take a case, plaster it on the news and sensationalize it.. Of course a pro-life site will capitalize on it, but they don't seem to show all the families who are struggling emotionally from the restrain of having an unplanned family...
August 27th, 2006, 07:22 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's incredibly sad & something I like to see made public. Perhaps it will encourage others who may find themselves in that situation to do the right thing & realize they don't want to be all over the news or in prison for killing a baby. It would not have been so terribly difficult for them to call 911, that way even if hte baby had not survived they did what they could. I am sure it was meant to cover the Dr's negligence, but it certainly didn't help any matters did it?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
IS there a limit on the amount of time you have to get an abortion int he states? Does anyone have a link to it?

I am not understanding why it is wrong to kill the baby once it is born when it was a-ok a few minutes before?
August 28th, 2006, 11:00 PM
MrsMandy
Even if that story is true the baby would have died anyway. The fetus was only 22 weeks.
August 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM
kadydid
Quote:
IS there a limit on the amount of time you have to get an abortion int he states? Does anyone have a link to it?[/b]
Depends on where you live, where I live you can get one at any time.

Quote:
I am not understanding why it is wrong to kill the baby once it is born when it was a-ok a few minutes before?[/b]
Who said it was a-okay? She has a legal right over her own body, once the baby is not in her body it is a whole other story.

You can make comments like that to try to portray prochoicers as being so nonchalant about abortions, but it doesn't make it true. At least not for most of them.

Quote:
Even if that story is true the baby would have died anyway. The fetus was only 22 weeks.[/b]
Putting a baby in a bag to die is not okay, whether or not it would have died anyway. Strangely enough I have to second Mommieof3's comment
August 29th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is where my pro-choice stance wavers a bit. I'm very torn regarding late-term abortions and I consider 22 weeks a late term abortion. Some of the youngest preemies have survived at 22 weeks with medical intervention - it's rare but does happen. So we begin to walk the line of viability which then makes me think the mother is not only making a choice for her body but someone elses. But, that isn't what this post is about.

I think what happened in that clinic is very wrong. Of course, so do the authorities which is why the clinic was closed for a homicide investigation.

Just remember, as stated by someone else, just because this one event happened doesn't mean it happens at every single clinic. While I'm sure it does happen more than once - I highly doubt it's common practice.

Although, as I type this I do wonder to myself - how often do I hear of a baby surviving an abortion and getting emergency care at the clinic. . .

Hmmm.
August 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I think what happened in that clinic is very wrong. Of course, so do the authorities which is why the clinic was closed for a homicide investigation.[/b]
If a baby can live outside the womb, even in a botched abortion, that's a human to me.

Quote:
I posted a link regarding how many children are born alive per year.....50 babies Sadly, it doesn't just happen once or twice a year. Even if it did, that's still a tragedy, to say the LEAST.[/b]
50 babies a year dying this way is wrong. There are so many injustices in the world though. You know how many babies and childres die every year of neglect, starvation and are killed?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search