Prementate birth control?

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Should there be guidelines of who can get permanate birth control? and what should they be? (I'm putting this here because It leads to less abortions)

September 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Should there be guidelines of who can get permanate birth control? and what should they be? (I'm putting this here because It leads to less abortions)[/b]
Permanent birth control? I know that many doctors refuse to do it to willing participates. I wonder what doctor's input would be to this question. I think if people are willing, they should be allowed. People can pay for plastic surgery, why not this too?
September 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish there were no guidlines! I just went through absolute hell in the last month inorder for the hospital I will be delivering at to tie my tubes after my baby is born... I finally got my way.. but I had to push the subject ALOT! They won't usually tie your tubes in a catholic hospital (which I will be delivering) , if your under 23 or if you have less than 3 kids.

Josie

September 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM
kadydid
Quote:
I wish there were no guidlines! I just went through absolute hell in the last month inorder for the hospital I will be delivering at to tie my tubes after my baby is born... I finally got my way.. but I had to push the subject ALOT! They won't usually tie your tubes in a catholic hospital (which I will be delivering) , if your under 23 or if you have less than 3 kids.

Josie[/b]
Are you going to St. Vincents? I didn't want to deal with the hospital, so daddy got the big V. It's cheaper anyway....

I don't think there should be any guidlines either...
September 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
AbbyHannahsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

Josie[/b]
Are you going to St. Vincents? I didn't want to deal with the hospital, so daddy got the big V. It's cheaper anyway....

I don't think there should be any guidlines either...
[/b]

No I'm going to Providence Newberg.. but they are an off shoot of St. V's. Ive been fighting with them for sooo long. The only reason now that they will let me do it is because I have health problems in pregnancy. I would totally be screwed if I had healthy pregnancies.

September 11th, 2006, 07:11 AM
kadydid
That sucks, I wonder what they are afraid of, that you will have sex with your husband just for fun?!?!?!?
September 13th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was verry hard for us to get permanet birthcontrol. A slue of doctors and 3 states. We tried to get one of us eather of us anyone who would do it. Finally we found a doctor who would give my DH a visectomy. It took over 4 years and honestly I think the only reson he agreed is because he had one and knows what people go throgh to get one.

I do feel if the giuldlines were not there there would be less abortions.

September 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
what is prementate birth control lol.

or permanet birth control?
September 14th, 2006, 08:08 AM
mrobinson
Tubals, hysterectomies, vasectomies.. you know things that (in theory) keep you sterile. (I know a guy it took 3 v-operations before he was shooting blanks.)
September 14th, 2006, 08:37 AM
kadydid
Quote:
what is prementate birth control lol.

or permanet birth control?[/b]
No your both wrong it's permanent
September 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
I must live in an easy state or something because I know many, many people here who have had different forms of permanant birth control. Both of my BIL's have vasectomies, my friend's DH also, my best friend had her tubes tied (in a Lutheran hospital) after her second just because she wanted to, no medical reasoning. I was discussing birth control with my OB right before I decided to have a VBAC and I made a comment along the lines of, "I think we're done now." and she actually asked me if I wanted to get my tubes tied.

Weird!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

September 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Rachieloo -

WHAT THE HECK?! I live in Chicago suburbs, and I AM NOT ALLOWED a tubal!!! Seriously. Maybe they just don't like me?! (Been to 2 doctors here, and 3 doctors in Milwaukee).[/b]
Really?? What suburb do you live in, if you don't mind me asking?

My friend who had her tubes tied got it done at Luthern General Hospital in Park Ridge. My doc who offered me the tubal is out of Evanston Northwestern Hospital.

September 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Schaumburg! Not that far from Park Ridge. I have been denied at St. Alexius Medical Center, Sherman Hospital, St. Joseph's....Then there is Milwaukee....St. Micheal's, St. Joseph's, and St. Francis....

[/b]
Hey, you are right down the street from me! I'm in Des Plaines right now, but we are moving to Arlington Heights in a couple of weeks! I would try and check into Luthern General or any of the ENH hospitals (Evanston, Highland Park or Glenbrook). I had my DD at Highland Park and my DS at Evanston. Amazing!

Are those hospitals considered Catholic hospitals? I know a lot of Catholic hospitals are against the procedure.. at least, that is my understanding.

September 16th, 2006, 02:31 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
IDK.

On the one hand I want to say: Give permanent birth control to whoever wants it as long as they're above the age of consent!! It's their body, let them do what they want to it!! A woman can get their nipples pierced, which *may* negate the ability to breastfeed if they choose to do that 20 years after they get the piercing. A person can get their friggin SEX altered with plastic surgery if they want it, and maybe 30 years down the line they'll be like "Oh wait! I'm not gay! It was just a phase!" How's that any different? I mean, isn't America (is it America we're talking about?) over-populated enough anyway?

On the OTHER hand, I do acknowledge the different stages of beliefs (usually most people go from liberal in their younger years to conservative as they get older); the fluctuation of human opinions (isn't that the greatest thing about being human, being able to change our viewpoint?) - which can show me the side of having guidelines as we do now.

Seeing both sides, I'm still inclined to believe it should be a free-for-all. If you want your tubes tied past the age of consent, there ya go. Vasectomy? There ya go.

Maybe putting major decisions in the hands of the people who will have to LIVE with them instead of those who MAKE IT POSSIBLE will make America (if that's the country we're talking about) more Responsible. For. Their. Actions.

So we go from mommy and daddy looking out for us, to teachers looking out for us, to the gov't looking out for out allergies, to doctors looking out for our reproductive systems? Where does it end?? If you want an elective c-section, go for it. I'm not the one who has to deal with a possible hysterectomy b/c of uncontrolled bleeding. Or major pain for weeks on end b/c I underwent an elective MAJOR surgery. If you want to tie your tubes b/c you think you don't want any more children, go for it. I'm not the one who'll be regretting it if I divorce my husband and want another child. Or just regrets it, period. You want to get married at 18? Go for it! It's your life. No one has to live it but you.

But then some major laws will have to be passed on who you can sue and why.

Does anyone else get what I'm saying here, or am I just talking about nothing to no one? lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search