Why would someone be upset @ multiple aborters?

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It bothers me, not because of the abortions themselves, but because 1) she could be getting something much more simple that would have less risk to her both physically and mentally 2) it's a sign, sometimes, of many things that are wrong with our society (lack of free BC is one, education another)
September 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
It bothers me, not because of the abortions themselves, but because 1) she could be getting something much more simple that would have less risk to her both physically and mentally 2) it's a sign, sometimes, of many things that are wrong with our society (lack of free BC is one, education another)[/b]
ITA. I dont care how many abortions a woman has but there are much better alternatives that I would hope someone would use and have access to.
September 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, she definitely has the right.
September 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Yes, she has the right to do it. Doesn't mean that i agree with it, but it's her right.
September 15th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
I think that when people say it bothers them they just mean that they wish someone that does have multiple abortions would just use a different method of birth control. Just because someone supports a woman's right to choose doesn't mean that she agrees with using abortion as a form of birth control (not just one abortion I'm talking about mutliple ones). I don't see how having multiple abortions is anywhere near being easier then just getting on a form of birth control. If she obviously doesn't want to have kids then she wouldn't be too concerned about birth control effects on her fertilization IMO.
Amanda
September 15th, 2006, 01:12 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
But they SHOULD have the right to do as the please, correct?

Let's say that some women find it much more convenient to just have a solution to the problem (ie., unwanted pregnancy), instead of having to worry about taking the pills everyday....or wasn't comfortable inserting a diaphragm/ring inside her....or didn't want to have a device inside her uterus for years on end....or doesn't want the side effects of the shot.....

And, as we all probably know, the Plan B pill is only 80% effective...so even though she may take that, she may still remain pregnant...and they are still stipulations regarding when you HAVE to take it....

Maybe she prefers the freedom of just going in and getting something done that is 100% effective, (or the closest to it), and can be free to go in whenever she pleases, instead of between 24-120 hours, (like the pill), after intercourse....

Doesn't she STILL have the right to abort as many times as she pleases? It her choice, right? HER body? And if she is paying for it, then there is no (or shouldn't be any), ill effect on you, correct? None of your business, right?[/b]
Yes she still has the right. A woman has the right to one abortion or 100 hundred abortions. But in your country they are costly and they are not a walk in the park phsically so I would hope that a woman would do something about it elsewise for her own benefit.

Quote:
It may be more convenient for her instead of using daily birth control pills....or having a set time to take emergency b/c...or the weight gain effects of the shot....etc., etc.

Why would you oppose it, if that is what worked best for her? (Again, and she is paying for it, and not the gov't).

What about it is wrong, if it works best for her?[/b]
The VAST majority of women would rather use another method of birth control instead of having multiple abortions. People always talk about women who say "oh well i'll just get another abortion" but i have yet to meet one!
September 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM
chlodoll
do your friends have multiple abortions because they do not want to use other BC?

the pill here costs $5 a pack at sexual health clinics, that would be over 4 years of protected sex for $250.

Quote:
Some women will argue that the physical recovery is not long at all. It is outpatient surgery in most cases.[/b]
and some will say it hurts like hell for the next week
September 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If I ever met someone who openly told me that she decided to stay pregnant a few more months before the abortion so that she could have some unprotected sex, I would probably suggest therapy.
September 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
If I ever met someone who openly told me that she decided to stay pregnant a few more months before the abortion so that she could have some unprotected sex, I would probably suggest therapy.[/b]
ditto, if i had friends who were using the term "doubly pregnant" so they could sleep with whomever they wanted unprotected i would honestly get different friends
September 15th, 2006, 01:45 PM
chlodoll
At planned parenthood people without insurance or medicaid can buy the pill at reduced prices. Thankfully I live in Canada and my BC costs $5 and my abortions are free!
September 15th, 2006, 01:52 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
I didn't ever say that this is how all women think who get repeated abortions....just wanted to clarify....because, most of the time, it's NOT. I was just saying that it is a possibility that someone could have those thoughts cross their mind.[/b]
It seems that all of your topics are about the most miniscule group of women. You are always saying well I didnt say all women or most women and most probably dont but some do. Or they are completely far fetched and hypothetical. Why are we debating possible thoughts that could possibly maybe someday well probably not cross someones mind as you say?

Quote:
My friends have never disclosed anything to the sort. And if they did, I wouldn't abandon them in their time of vulnerability. A friend accepts a friend as a human...not a perfect god who does no wrong.[/b]
If I had a friend who would become pregnant to have unprotected sex and was going to continue doing I would not be her friend. Not only is what she doing moronic she could end up with a number of STDS or HIV. If someone is knowingly and willingly doing this she doesnt seem to be in a state of vulnerability. I would tell her to get help and then talk to me when she does.

Quote:
Ok, well there you go! You could save money by just getting the abortions! There's the incentive right there![/b]
Good thinking

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search