planned parenthood protestors

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Not really about abortion, but I figured this was the right place just the same:
So, I just got back from an appointment at Planned Parenthood to get my Depo shot. I pulled up in the driveway and, as I expected, saw the protestors standing in front with their signs and judgmental stares. Honestly, I kind of laughed to myself as they watched me get out of my car, then go to the backseat and pull out a car seat with Sam in it.
Anyways, as I was unloading I noticed one of the protesters was setting up a video camera in front of the driveway, that would capture video of the cars that came and left from the building. I was a liitle taken back to be honest, I mean.....WHAT IS THAT FOR???
When I went in I asked about their right to video tape people coming and going, the nurse replied that yes they are, unfortunately, allowed to do so. They claim it is for THEIR protection if anything happens, and therefore there is nothing that can be done. Well what about MY protection and MY right to privacy as a patient?? I don't quite understand how they can take videotape of people coming and going from a medical facility.

September 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm HIPPA i guess can't extend into the parking lot.. (the privacy act rules)... you'd think they'd be able to file something to protect the privacy of their clients..

i'd be really upset... and telling them that i was not ok with filming, but i'm sure that doesnt matter to them

September 29th, 2006, 05:56 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
That's kind of messed up...

I have known someone who had Planned Parenthood HELP her get pregnant, so whenever I see the protestors, I always want to walk up to them and point out that little fact.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 2nd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have seen pro-life sites where they post people going into an abortion clinic or planned parenthood and put captions on them like "here is this pathetic excuse of a woman going in to kill her baby" etc. So it might be a liability thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for other things. Whack jobs

And I'm sorry but for all of the talk about Planned Parenthood's inherint evilness, it's not like they are an abortion factory for Gods sake! They are a sexual health clinic. I've been getting my birth control there for years. Oh wait-oops, forgot, birth control is abortion too right?
October 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
kadydid
How lovely, they might even be hurting their own cause. Not everyone is going to want to deal with that every time they need BC. And if they can not afford to go to a regular doctor they might just skip the BC all together.
October 4th, 2006, 08:01 PM
mrobinson
((head shaking))

That is just so sad to read about.. but I'm glad you posted it for us.
October 5th, 2006, 07:05 AM
My mother told some of the doctors and other nurses she works with about this and they told her that they use the license plate numbers and get the addresses of those walking into the clinic. They will then send a picture of the girl walking into the clinic to the address of the car's registration (this is a college town) with a note saying, something like, "this girl was seen going into an abortion clinic in (city, state) on (date)" and/or they will send pro-life pamphlets etc to the address.
It also works as a scare tactic for them. My sister wants to go so she can get her BC pill for 70cents but is afraid someone will see her car in front of they will use the video on the web or her pic somewhere and say she was getting an abortion. I told her I would go with her and I would drive her. It is unbelievable that they are allowed to do this, IMO.

October 5th, 2006, 08:11 AM
mrobinson
It is unbelievable they can get away with that.. It's a shame they can't focus that effort on johns instead.
October 5th, 2006, 09:21 AM
irishxrose

That really makes me angry. People are so stupid and judgemental.
October 5th, 2006, 10:47 AM
chlodoll
planned parenthood isnt an abortion clinic! atleast not here, if you want an abortion they will tell you where to go but they dont perform them. Dont these protestors work? have their own children? what a waste of freakin time!
October 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
chlodoll
The PP's here do not perform abortions. You can goto them to get your options but you have to go elsewhere to have the abortion.
October 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
The locations in Milwaukee for some reason don't list ANY of the services offered, but I can GUARANTEE you that the Jackson St. location DOES do abortion procedures...My friend had one there. [/b]
They do more than just abortions.. so why ASSUME people who walk in those doors are guilty of only abortions?
October 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM
kadydid
Pressuring women about going to Planned Parenthood in general will only prevent women without insurance or who are in low income brackets to not take the NEEDED steps to prevent pregnancy in the first place. They are not going to go there, if everyone ASSumes they are only there for an abortion. And if they feel people are going to be harassing them and stalking them when they leave.

Some of the people in this country are so backwards. They need to pull their heads out of their butts.
October 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
The locations in Milwaukee for some reason don't list ANY of the services offered, but I can GUARANTEE you that the Jackson St. location DOES do abortion procedures...My friend had one there. [/b]
They do more than just abortions.. so why ASSUME people who walk in those doors are guilty of only abortions?
[/b]

Because to some, using birth control makes you just as guilty as getting an abortion. They believe birth control pills, iud's, depo-provera, and norplant cause early abortions. So because someone wants to try to prevent pregnancy by doing the responsible thing and get on some form of birth control, they're still having abortions. Honestly, this annoys me. What are people supposed to do?

Here is a link to where I got this from. I know it's pro-life, but I used it to show that this is what they believe.
http://www.prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html

October 6th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Exactly!! The PPs around here are FULL SERVICE women's clinics. They perform all services from pap smears and BC to abortions. It is a bully tactic, an it is unethical! PP offers funding and reduced price health services and prescriptions based on your income.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search