God, what do you think he thinks of abortion?

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
DiamondsGlow
I was just wondering what everyone thinks of God and his veiws on Abortion.

I have seen so many Pro-Life and Pro-Choice shows and rallies on TV and I always see priest on the Pro-life shows and rallies but have yet to see a single one on Pro-choice shows or rallies.

The big fact of abortion is that none really knows how he feels about abortion, for all the Pro-choice people know God may actually view abortion as murder and more then half the population believe that a murderer goes to Hell no matter what they do, like say if a guy murders someone and he gets out 30 years later and he decides to start helping people and he's a holly roller well in most peoples eyes they believe that he killed someone and God does not care what he does to try and make up for it he is still going to Hell.

Many people believe that Priest know everything about God and how he feels but then others think they only know half of what God thinks.

I honestly believe he does think of it as murder and why would anyone who gets one want to take a chance of God actually seeing it as murder, I mean why take that chance and why have to worry the rest of your life if he does and if your going to end up in Hell?
October 4th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:

I have seen so many Pro-Life and Pro-Choice shows and rallies on TV and I always see priest on the Pro-life shows and rallies but have yet to see a single one on Pro-choice shows or rallies.

The big fact of abortion is that none really knows how he feels about abortion, for all the Pro-choice people know God may actually view abortion as murder and more then half the population believe that a murderer goes to Hell no matter what they do, like say if a guy murders someone and he gets out 30 years later and he decides to start helping people and he's a holly roller well in most peoples eyes they believe that he killed someone and God does not care what he does to try and make up for it he is still going to Hell.

Many people believe that Priest know everything about God and how he feels but then others think they only know half of what God thinks.

I honestly believe he does think of it as murder and why would anyone who gets one want to take a chance of God actually seeing it as murder, I mean why take that chance and why have to worry the rest of your life if he does and if your going to end up in Hell?[/b]
I have to quit laughing to fully answer this!

A Priest is NOT God, he is MAN'S appointed representative, interpreting God's ord as a human. God does not speak to him directly, they don't have conference calls....so why should another HUMAN'S opinion have any bearing on mine? I am Catholic, we also don't bellieve in BC, or premarital sex....where does everyone fall on these sins? A sin is a sin is a sin so if you had premarital sex, then your sin is bad as any other. Are you without sin? If not I suggest you check your judgments at the door!

October 4th, 2006, 02:41 PM
DiamondsGlow
[/quote]
If you have lied, cheated, judged, hurt someone, stole or any thing that is wrong then you are as guilty as the woman who just had an abortion.
[/quote]

Abortion is NOTHING like stealing , cheating, lying or hurting someone, it is dumb to even compare them to one another. God does not consider all sins equal. I actually know a priest who is one of my dads best friends brother and he told me that God does not consider all sins equal, my dad told me to go see him because I told him I did not believe in God and although I learned a lot I still do not really believe in him but while with him I asked a lot of questions mainly because me only being 15 at the time I wanted to try and stump him on something but that did not happen and I asked him a lot about abortion.

I just wanted to know what everyone who does believe in him thinks and although I do not believe in him I always think before I do something bad just incase he is actually real, that is what the priest told me to do.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Are you really that childish? I find it funny when people post stupid remarks just trying to be a smart a**..Thier was nothing funny about that post and I find it VERY hard to think anyone would think of a matter like this laughable, if anyone does they really need to grow up and not talk about this kind of thing till they do.
October 4th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I know this is not a religion debate, but if you don't believe in god, then why do you care what he thinks or how he feels? I don't know much about religion, but I do know (at least I've been told by people in the Christian faith) that denying god is worse than murder. That all sins can be forgiven except denying god or using his name in vain.

October 4th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I have to agree 100% with you, none really does know what God thinks of abortion.
I think this was a pretty good topic and am interested what others will have to say about it.

I have never had an abortion before nor will I ever, the thought of what people and God will think of me scares me and you always hear of clinic's being blown up so it kind of scares you when you are in one not to mention the things that can go wrong during an abortion.

I actually had an aunt who was a receptionist at an abortion clinic and for two years she lied and just said she was a receptionist at a doctors office because she was afraid what people would say but when we did find out it was when she had quit. She only worked there for two years but she said working at the place made her feel depressed and she told me that some girls had serious things go wrong which is one thing that scared me into not ever having an abortion and she told me she was shocked to see how many adults compared to teens got abortions. She said when she started working there she expected mainly teen girls but most of the patients were adults.

October 4th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:
Abortion is NOTHING like stealing , cheating, lying or hurting someone, it is dumb to even compare them to one another. God does not consider all sins equal. I actually know a priest who is one of my dads best friends brother and he told me that God does not consider all sins equal, my dad told me to go see him because I told him I did not believe in God and although I learned a lot I still do not really believe in him but while with him I asked a lot of questions mainly because me only being 15 at the time I wanted to try and stump him on something but that did not happen and I asked him a lot about abortion.[/b]
I'm sorry...but just because a priest claimed to KNOW that God doesn't consider all sins equal...that makes it true?? I'm Catholic and even I know that Priests don't KNOW God. Not any better than I do. They know what they've learned from others. There's no "direct line" to God that I know of.

And like someone else said...a sin is a sin. Jesus died for our sins...and they will be forgiven...if someone is truly remorseful. So...judge all you want. But guess what...that's a sin too. So my guess...if you aren't sorry for judging others...you'll be meeting them at Hell's gate too.

October 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
kadydid
This is just another example of man making god in his image and not the other way around. There are more than a few examples of the bible god not being pro life when it comes to non believers (other tribes) children of all ages. Blameless innocent children and babies.
October 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
All sins are equal in the eyes of God. The sins of one are no worse than those of another, do some research! If you do not believe in God then what do you care what this figment of my imagination thinks of abortion?

October 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
irishxrose
I don't believe in the Christian god, so this topic is meaningless to me. I don't blindly follow priests and what they say is god's will.

If I choose to have an abortion, that is between me, my doctor, my family and my Goddess.
October 4th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
God was most definitely pro choice when he drowned all the pregnant women in the flood.
October 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy
Isn't there something in the bible about stoning your child to death? If it's ok to do that, I don't see why it would be different with abortion.

October 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
God was most definitely pro choice when he drowned all the pregnant women in the flood.[/b]
October 4th, 2006, 09:48 PM
kadydid

I could seriously go into depth with this. The god of the bible is not pro life. He has ordered the death of many children and babies throughout the bible. I do not even know how anyone could not see that??
October 4th, 2006, 10:12 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
I do not even know how anyone could not see that??[/b]
Shhh... the church hasn't covered that part yet.
October 4th, 2006, 10:29 PM
pretty_in_a_casket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pretty_in_a_casket
I'm Pagan so Itechnically probably shouldn't weigh in on this issue. But since I was born into a Christian family I'm going to weigh in anyway.

Quote:

I honestly believe he does think of it as murder and why would anyone who gets one want to take a chance of God actually seeing it as murder, I mean why take that chance and why have to worry the rest of your life if he does and if your going to end up in Hell?
Okay, God himself has never ever taken an actual stance on abortion to my knowledge, I have never known of anyone actually hearing Gods opinnion on abortion today, yesterday, last month, or even 50 years ago. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that abortion is actually touched uppon in the Bible in a direct way. I think it's unfare to say that half the population thinks a murder goes to hell no matter what he does after he commits that murder because anyone with even the slightest understanding of Christianity is aware that God will forgive you anything. You see dear, that's the point of getting saved. Why would people get saved if God would not forgive them their sins and they would just go to hell anyway? It makes no sense. Not to mention that it dosen't matter if 100% of the population believes he's going to hell no matter what because that is not up to them, that's between him and his God. Get what I'm saying? People don't get to vote on who goes to Heaven, at least not to my understanding of the religion they don't.

Quote:
If you have lied, cheated, judged, hurt someone, stole or any thing that is wrong then you are as guilty as the woman who just had an abortion.
[/quote]

Abortion is NOTHING like stealing , cheating, lying or hurting someone, it is dumb to even compare them to one another. God does not consider all sins equal. I actually know a priest who is one of my dads best friends brother and he told me that God does not consider all sins equal, my dad told me to go see him because I told him I did not believe in God and although I learned a lot I still do not really believe in him but while with him I asked a lot of questions mainly because me only being 15 at the time I wanted to try and stump him on something but that did not happen and I asked him a lot about abortion.

I just wanted to know what everyone who does believe in him thinks and although I do not believe in him I always think before I do something bad just incase he is actually real, that is what the priest told me to do.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Are you really that childish? I find it funny when people post stupid remarks just trying to be a smart a**..Thier was nothing funny about that post and I find it VERY hard to think anyone would think of a matter like this laughable, if anyone does they really need to grow up and not talk about this kind of thing till they do.
[/quote]

Why are you arguing religon when you don't believe in God and obviously know nothing about what the Bible or the Church has to say on the issues? I don't get it. I have went to Church, and I have studied many religons when I was questioning my own, and I KNOW that it's a common belief principal in the faith to which your refering that God WILL forgive you any sin, and that God considers all sins equal. I don't believe in the Christian God realy either, I have my own thoughts on religon and I won't go into them here, but why on earth are you claming to know more about what God and the Church thinks that people who have actually practiced these religons, believe in them and in God? You are sinning right now, by denying God, by judging people. Why is it so hard for you to understand that God wil lforgive people tha thave abortions if he thinks it's a sin? God will forgive a Murderer. God will forgive a rapist, God will forgive you for stealing a candy bar when you're 5, God will forgive you for anything that you do so long as you accept him into your heart as your savior. Why are you on here arguing something that you don't believe in? That's like me or Andrika saying that we're worried about going to hell. Why would we, we don't believe in it? Furthermore, I think you need to look into something a little more than just having one conversation with one Priest at 15 years old before you claim to know so much about it. I mean come on sweetie, you didn't even know that the Catholic Church dosen't approve/believe in BC other than abstinance when you spoke of people who are not on BC and get pg and get abortions as being idiots. In the same sentence as you said that Priests believe that abortion is murder I might add. Also just thinking about what Jesus and God would think about what you're doing before you do it won't help you to get into Heaven when you don't even believe that God is real.

I'm not Catholic, I'm not even Christian, but my Grandfather was a preacher and I was raised in the church. I've looked into the Catholic faith, I find it very interesting, and I still like to read about it even though the belief system is compleatly diffrent than mine. I'm not claming to know everything, or even half the things about either religon, but I do at least have a basic understanding of them before I speak of them. I think you need to take a steap back and do some more thinking before you make posts like this.
October 4th, 2006, 11:15 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I can't presume to know the mind of God, or what His will is, so I just go with what feels right in my heart and hopefully He and I meet an amicable conclusion when I get to Him.
October 5th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK, I will attempt to answer this question seriously because it is something that I have thought about.
I do believe in God-but I don't believe in him out of fear. There are people out there who believe simply because they are afraid that if they DON'T believe and they are wrong they will face eternal dammnation. I am not one of those people. I think it is ridiculous to live in fear, to believe what a preist or any other mortal tells you just because they are supposedly consecrated by God and his appointed messanger. I am a unitarian-I believe in l being a good person because it is the right thing to do, not because I am afraid of going to hell. I have repented for my abortion in my own way, I have made peace with my descision and I believe in my heart that God has too. If he is a good and loving God, which I believe he is, I don't think that I will be burning in the pits of hell for all eternity for my descision-I am not an evil person. I am a human being and I made a choice, and only he can judge me for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search