abortion stats did you know!!??!!

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I heard on the radio a few days ago that 4,000! abortions a day happen and it is equal to 1 third of a generation! How can so much death ever be right and justified? Forget the my body, my choice crap! A pregnancy is a miracle and it is murder to have an abortion.Everyone knows that pregnancy equals a baby.Stop the dumb talk that it doesn't.If you know a pregnancy will result in a baby then how is it ever right to kill?? Darn abortion! Just had to vent that.
October 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:
I heard on the radio a few days ago that 4,000! abortions a day happen and it is equal to 1 third of a generation! How can so much death ever be right and justified? Forget the my body, my choice crap! A pregnancy is a miracle and it is murder to have an abortion.Everyone knows that pregnancy equals a baby.Stop the dumb talk that it doesn't.If you know a pregnancy will result in a baby then how is it ever right to kill?? Darn abortion! Just had to vent that.[/b]
My only comment to this is that to think that EVERY pregnancy results in a baby is not only misinformed, but is also very offensive to those that have miscarriages. I have been pregnant 3 times. Guess what, I only have ONE living baby.

October 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I heard on the radio a few days ago that 4,000! abortions a day happen and it is equal to 1 third of a generation! How can so much death ever be right and justified? Forget the my body, my choice crap! A pregnancy is a miracle and it is murder to have an abortion.Everyone knows that pregnancy equals a baby.Stop the dumb talk that it doesn't.If you know a pregnancy will result in a baby then how is it ever right to kill?? Darn abortion! Just had to vent that.[/b]
My only comment to this is that to think that EVERY pregnancy results in a baby is not only misinformed, but is also very offensive to those that have miscarriages. I have been pregnant 3 times. Guess what, I only have ONE living baby.
[/b]
I am only talking about ABORTIONS! I have also had miscarriages but a miscarriage is no comparison to an abortion because abortion is to purposely end the pregnancy and a miscarriage is not.
October 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM
irishxrose
October 15th, 2006, 01:08 PM
kadydid
Yes, that’s all the world needs over a million unwanted children. Like there isn’t enough starving neglected children in the world, let’s add over a million more a year !! Maybe we should figure out how to take care of the problems that we do have before we go and make things worse.
October 15th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wonder what you would say if you saw the conditions at the "orphanages" I have seen in Brazil.

I agree with Kadydid....could you even begin to imagine the lives those children would live?
October 15th, 2006, 01:57 PM
kadydid
Quote:
I wonder what you would say if you saw the conditions at the "orphanages" I have seen in Brazil.

I agree with Kadydid....could you even begin to imagine the lives those children would live?[/b]
Hope your having a happy holiday!! (you're with your family right now, I think)
October 15th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not til november 13th it's coming soon tho!

Edited for the wrong date...I think my brain is mentally trying to push the trip back! I will miss everyone here!
October 15th, 2006, 02:07 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
((passes tissue))

(repost)
“The lives of 1.7 million children will be needlessly lost this year [2000] because world governments have failed to reduce poverty levels”

According to UNICEF, 30,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.”

That is about 210,000 children each week, or just under 11 million children under five years of age, each year.
source

((passes full box of tissues to op))
October 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Quote:
((passes tissue))

(repost)
“The lives of 1.7 million children will be needlessly lost this year [2000] because world governments have failed to reduce poverty levels”

According to UNICEF, 30,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.”

That is about 210,000 children each week, or just under 11 million children under five years of age, each year.
source

((passes full box of tissues to op))
[/b]
Thank you for posting that! And let's not forget what a terrible death starvation and dehydration are. It's not peaceful. I know this for a fact. I would hate to add thousands of American children to that list. Oh but of course that wouldn’t happen here, we have an endless supply of money, resources and adoptive parents. {{Sarcasm}}
October 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everytime I read threads like this I think about Kadydid's post a while back about a baby lying alone in a dirty crib. Even though I had been through orphanages like this; I have to say it never really hit me as hard as when I read that post. I can't quite explain it. You would think being there would be more powerful...but you really just feel numb, it almost just lies dormant inside of you until you find some way to process what you have seen. At least this is how it has been for me.
October 15th, 2006, 02:38 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Everytime I read threads like this I think about Kadydid's post a while back about a baby lying alone in a dirty crib. Even though I had been through orphanages like this; I have to say it never really hit me as hard as when I read that post. I can't quite explain it. You would think being there would be more powerful...but you really just feel numb, it almost just lies dormant inside of you until you find some way to process what you have seen. At least this is how it has been for me.[/b]
The idea of that place just haunts me and I never even experienced it first hand, my friend did. She did not get to keep the little girl that she was trying to adopt for numerous reasons, and I still tear up at the thought of her rocking back and fourth.

I think we live in such excess here that people do not realize that there is some serious suffering in the world, and we don’t have an endless amount of money and resources. I wish we did, but we don’t.
October 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to go out on a limb and say there are equally as many ignorant pro lifers.
October 15th, 2006, 08:40 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
How about we worry about the 43,000 children added to the foster care system every year first?

October 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh yes, I am sure that many pro-lifers say that the baby doesn't have a heartbeat until the 20th week.[/b]
Uh, yeah...not sure how you got that from my post.

Your anecdote was about some ignorant prochoicers; I was commenting that ignorant prolifers exist as well.

And I never said anything about extremists....

Not really sure where you are going here.

Quote:
Yea, forget about the babies killed every year at the hands of a doctor. They don't matter.[/b]
So, if we let all these "babies" develope and be born, what, pray tell, do we do with them? How do we feed them? clothe them? have a roof over their head?

Who will hold them? How long will they have to wait for their turn? Who will feed them? Will they get bottled propped in a crib? Who will touch their skin and connect with them? Who will fill the loneliness that I cannot even imagine that must come from being in solitude for much your infancy?

Go to a country that does not allow abortion except in extreme cases. Check out how those children live...
October 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Oh yes, I am sure that many pro-lifers say that the baby doesn't have a heartbeat until the 20th week.[/b]
Uh, yeah...not sure how you got that from my post.

Your anecdote was about some ignorant prochoicers; I was commenting that ignorant prolifers exist as well.

And I never said anything about extremists....

Not really sure where you are going here.

Quote:
Yea, forget about the babies killed every year at the hands of a doctor. They don't matter.[/b]
So, if we let all these "babies" develope and be born, what, pray tell, do we do with them? How do we feed them? clothe them? have a roof over their head?

Who will hold them? How long will they have to wait for their turn? Who will feed them? Will they get bottled propped in a crib? Who will touch their skin and connect with them? Who will fill the loneliness that I cannot even imagine that must come from being in solitude for much your infancy?

Go to a country that does not allow abortion except in extreme cases. Check out how those children live...
[/b][/quote]

Yes, exactly.

So it's okay for children that are already alive and suffering to die, but terminating a fetus at 5 weeks gestation is murder? Let's continue to allow thousands and thousands of already born children to starve, freeze, and suffer. That's a brilliant idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search