Abortionists and Terrorists

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Veteran
Two Questions: Are you offended by my siggy icon comparing abortionists and terrorists? LOL the reason I ask is because to me, it's just representing my views--but I want to take it out of my siggy if people are going to be offended.

Secondly, what do you think of it?
October 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Veteran
Honestly? Yes, it does offend me. That doesn't mean that i think you should take it down.
October 15th, 2006, 10:07 AM
syncere
Nope doesnt offend me one bit.. Its amazing how many abortions are preformed daily.. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.. ( the total not your sig )
October 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't like it because your taking all the abortions as viable human beings and that is not the case. I'm sure some would have been miscariges, and some world have died of other nautral causes or the mother would have died. Also I don't feel your stitistics are right.

October 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Two Questions: Are you offended by my siggy icon comparing abortionists and terrorists? LOL the reason I ask is because to me, it's just representing my views--but I want to take it out of my siggy if people are going to be offended.

Secondly, what do you think of it?[/b]
I think it is a good siggy. Do you mind if I save it for myself?
October 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM
kadydid
But would it make you sicker if the all of those children were born and then forced in to poverty and had no one to take care of them or love them? With over a million children a year, we would have some pretty terrible poverty. I think your sig is ignorance to the actual reality of what is happening in other parts of the world with children dying and suffering because women are not allowed abortions.

I would rather a woman have a legal first term abortion any day of the week rather than know that the same child would be alone, unwanted and unloved sitting in their dirty little cribs all day waiting for someone anyone. I have known people that have seen the terrible conditions in other countries where abortion is not legal under most circumstances. There are only so many adoptive parents out there.

So I am not offended, I just think it is very shallow.

My question is, what exactly would you do with all of those babies once they are born (the aborted ones)? I think if you are going to compare people who have abortions to terrorists you must have a wonderful way to avoid the poverty and neglect that these children will suffer from.

Do you realize that in other countries someone is dropping their child off on the side of the road right now, someone else is selling their child and thousands of babies are in orphanages where they are neglected and do not receive the care that humans deserve?

I want to know your plan for not letting this happen in the United States. Are you going to love and pay for all those babies? Or maybe our government that is in debt up to their arses?
October 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM
mrobinson
Kadydid, as much as you dislike this emoticon,

“The lives of 1.7 million children will be needlessly lost this year [2000] because world governments have failed to reduce poverty levels”

According to UNICEF, 30,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.”

That is about 210,000 children each week, or just under 11 million children under five years of age, each year.
source

HoorahFly, as much as you might not like it, the lifestyle we have here prevents less humane deaths.

Poverty, which is completely preventable, is the worst terrorist.
October 15th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
There was actually a moment long ago in my inactivism career where I wanted to put up a banner on my email about how many female genitals were mutilated today and then how many male genitals were mutilated in the USA this half hour. But, alas, I realized that the numbers, even in their truth, would just create more anger than progress.

I don't see your siggie as comparing abortionists to terrorists, but, rather, trying to do what I was going to do with that banner....create a kind of "numbers shock factor."

However, I agree with Kadydid's post on the subject of the numbers themselves.
October 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
kadydid
Quote:
Kadydid, as much as you dislike this emoticon, [/b]
October 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Veteran
I didn't make that icon for those of you who sound like you think I did. So I'm not sure where they got their statistics.

Quote:
I don't like it because your taking all the abortions as viable human beings and that is not the case. I'm sure some would have been miscariges, and some world have died of other nautral causes or the mother would have died. Also I don't feel your stitistics are right.[/b]
Ok, well I found statistics online. Check out these links. I don't think miscarriages would be termed abortions in a research study.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art20384.asp (yes I know it's a Pro-life site)
http://daily.stanford.edu/article/2002/2/1...tersToTheEditor
http://www.cavalierdaily.com/CVarticle.asp...46&pid=1158
http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/030328/d030328e.htm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=27708

Lemme know if you need more links, there are plenty.

Quote:
I think it is a good siggy. Do you mind if I save it for myself?[/b]
Fine with me, I found it online somewhere.

Quote:
But would it make you sicker if the all of those children were born and then forced in to poverty and had no one to take care of them or love them? With over a million children a year, we would have some pretty terrible poverty. I think your sig is ignorance to the actual reality of what is happening in other parts of the world with children dying and suffering because women are not allowed abortions.

I would rather a woman have a legal first term abortion any day of the week rather than know that the same child would be alone, unwanted and unloved sitting in their dirty little cribs all day waiting for someone anyone. I have known people that have seen the terrible conditions in other countries where abortion is not legal under most circumstances. There are only so many adoptive parents out there.

So I am not offended, I just think it is very shallow.

My question is, what exactly would you do with all of those babies once they are born (the aborted ones)? I think if you are going to compare people who have abortions to terrorists you must have a wonderful way to avoid the poverty and neglect that these children will suffer from.

Do you realize that in other countries someone is dropping their child off on the side of the road right now, someone else is selling their child and thousands of babies are in orphanages where they are neglected and do not receive the care that humans deserve?

I want to know your plan for not letting this happen in the United States. Are you going to love and pay for all those babies? Or maybe our government that is in debt up to their arses?[/b]
I don't have or claim to have a solution. I believe that the live of an unborn child is not ours to decide "he/she lives or he/she never exists".

Quote:
About 60% of women who had abortions in 2000 had incomes of less than 200% of the federal poverty level;
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=27708[/b]
So the above quote states that 60% of women had incomes lower than 200% of the poverty level right? Well, first of all, at 200% of the poverty level you CAN support a family. There are plenty of government aid programs. And what about the other 40%? Abortions are not about finances most of the time... The abortion rate could be drastically cut if we are just talking about poverty here.

And 3rd world countries--I've been to Africa and Costa Rica. They have so few living expenses. Cost of living is extremely low. A lot if not most of these people grow food themselves---so I don't see how poverty would increase so drastically if abortions were not so frequent.

Quote:
HoorahFly, as much as you might not like it, the lifestyle we have here prevents less humane deaths.

Poverty, which is completely preventable, is the worst terrorist.[/b]
Quote:
95% of all abortions are chosen as a method of birth control. The remaining 5% are performed as a result of sexual crimes, health problems, or fetal abnormality. (United States)http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art20384.asp[/b]
Quote:
I think you should ask a mother, wife, husband or loved one who has lost their loved one because of terriosm. My high school sweetheart was killed in Iraq and comparing me (a person who has had an abortion) to the terrorist who killed him is crossing a line. JMO....[/b]
Well, I do know someone who was killed in Iraq--which is a result of war, not terrorism IMO. But the icon isn't comparing people who have abortions to terrorists. It's showing how many children are aborted daily in comparison to those killed as a result of terrorism. People make a big hubbub about the loss of a life due to terrorism(as it should be)---but there are so many more abortions, and not much is said about it.----I believe is the point the icon is making.
October 15th, 2006, 07:12 PM
chlodoll
Is it not called the "war on terror"??
October 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Is it not called the "war on terror"??[/b]
Um yes it is called the 'War on Terror', but the icon said "Terrorists have killed...". But that isn't the point of the icon anyways, so it's pretty invalid.
October 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
chlodoll
Well her friend who was killed in Iraq was killed by a direct result of terrorism. I dont see why you would relate it to terrorism to begin with. How about the number of people struck by lightning? Thats always newsworthy! How can you compare it to people who had lives, who had jobs, who had families friends and their own children etc.
October 15th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Veteran
I didn't make the icon, I'm just using it. I can't tell you why they decided to compare it to terrorism.
October 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
kadydid
Quote:
I don't have or claim to have a solution. I believe that the live of an unborn child is not ours to decide "he/she lives or he/she never exists".[/b]
Well that is part of the anti-choice problem. They are willing to thrust a law that will literally affect the lives of millions of people but at the same time, have no responsibility for making sure they stay alive and not impoverished.

Quote:
So the above quote states that 60% of women had incomes lower than 200% of the poverty level right? Well, first of all, at 200% of the poverty level you CAN support a family. There are plenty of government aid programs. And what about the other 40%? Abortions are not about finances most of the time... The abortion rate could be drastically cut if we are just talking about poverty here.[/b]
I personally am not talking about just poverty. I don’t think people will do it. Let’s get real here for a moment, rich women, are still going to have abortions legal or not. Secondly poor women, they will leave their babies. If they leave them in a bad place, they will die, if they leave them in a good place they will be put into the system. After about 5 years they will have a tremendous surplus of unwanted babies. And it could be over a million.

People in this country everyday just drop their babies off somewhere. They do it in other countries even more. We can’t just pretend this is not going to be a real problem if the pro life agenda ever becomes reality.
October 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM
chlodoll
Quote:
I didn't make the icon, I'm just using it. I can't tell you why they decided to compare it to terrorism.[/b]
If you are using it I would think you agree witht he comparision.
October 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM
kadydid
NM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search