Oh my flippin #$%^%

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My daughters HB has ALWAYS been in the high range...I just dug up my 8 week u/s and it says right on there her heart rate it 193 BPM. Last week I was in L&D because I had a scare and when they put the belt thingee on me her HB fluctuated between 140 and 190 BPM, and they told me that was completely normal, that she is just a very active baby. She has no abnormalities whatsoever and there has been no cause for concern. Every baby is different.

As for the other things you mentioned...I don't know I'll have to look into that further. I would be VERY surprised if PP gave false information because of liability but I would definately keep an open mind to that possibility...

((off to research))
October 16th, 2006, 05:15 PM
chlodoll
I missed why we are talking about heartbeats??

At my 8 week u/s the heartbeat was really high. Above 180. And then at 15 weeks when we heard it with the monitor it was 150 or so.
October 16th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
that doesnt classify EVERY SINGLE FETUS[/b]

omg...I KNOW this....but again, my POINT WAS, that the PP link said that the NORM (meaning the MAJORITY), was 180-200bpm...which isn't true...the MAJORITY, like you just stated, is 130-160bpm.

THAT was my point...I wasn't saying all fetuses had those heartrates, I was just pointing out the PP was wrong in their facts.
[/b][/quote]

Ok...forgive me Cece but I'm lazy and you posted a lot of links! Did it say "The norm" or did it say "normal" or "within a normal range"? Because I know that my doctor told me that my daughters HB was within the normal range (as in no cause for concern, not a sign of distress) but that doesn't mean a base HB of 180 is the norm...it's a very high percentile.
October 17th, 2006, 08:56 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pro-choice bias and pro-life bias are two very different things...Planned Parenthood is not trying to sway you to get an abortion, a pro-life organization is trying to sway you to NOT get one. They offer the choice and they have concrete medical facts about what abortion is, but leave it up to the woman to decide, whereas a pro-life organization will pull out all the emotional stops and throw around non-scientific terms like "murder" and "baby" to get you to side with them.

I'm not sure about this.....
I think that if the site is against the poster's POV it is then biased.

I get this when we have vaccine debates. the majority of sites that are anti-vax are not making any money off educating people on the effects of vaccines and they are not trying to sway you not to vaccinate yet they are considered biased but the AAP and thier Dr's which recieve kickbacks from the pharma companies and are trying to convince you to vaccnate aren't considered biased.
Planned parenthood must make a butload of money on abortions in my eyes that makes them biased. I know that they are just a woman's clinic and they do wonderful work in a ton of other areas but I still find them biased.
October 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM
come on over to the choosing not to vax board it is actually really active lately.

most states have exemptions for schools and daycvares
November 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
Amazing! Thanks for those links!! It mentioned that the crisis centers (pro life) were showing that video NOW I KNOW thats what they showed me at 17 and traumatized me ! I ended up wanting to keep that child and at 14 weeks miscarried. Although that was the most terrible thing ive experienced to date I Have no clue what i would have done with a kid at 17?
Rotten a**holes
(I am pro-choice... at 17 i didnt know what i was and they scared the crap outta me with that)

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
November 8th, 2006, 12:59 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Planned Parenthood doesn't make any significant money off of abortions.
November 8th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Lots of people do quite well with a child at 17.

Quote:
Planned Parenthood doesn't make any significant money off of abortions.[/b]
Really?
November 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I know this was an old post but what is PASS and PTSS? I've been in the mental health field now for 4 years and I have never heard of either of those.
November 8th, 2006, 01:06 PM
mrobinson
My staff supervisor yesterday at the Distress Centre asked me the same thing!
more here
November 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
more here[/b]

It sounds a lot like a mixture of depression and PTSD to me. It's like they looked in the DSM and took the diagnostic criteria for both right out of there. Did that organization create that list? I happened to notice it was a Christian organization.
November 8th, 2006, 08:33 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Quote:
more here[/b]

It sounds a lot like a mixture of depression and PTSD to me. It's like they looked in the DSM and took the diagnostic criteria for both right out of there. Did that organization create that list? I happened to notice it was a Christian organization.
[/b]
You're exactly right ~ it's a huge mixture of things... There are lots of (abortion, yet not actual mental health affliated) organizations that agree on this...

This website contains information, help and resources for women dealing with Post Abortion Stress Syndrome, also referred to as "PASS". We provide neutral, non-judgmental, non-religion based, non-political online support, information, help and healing for women who've had an abortion. This site was created by "jilly", a woman who has recovered from her own struggles with PASS. Source

PAS stands for Post-Abortion Syndrome. It is a medical term that describes the pooling and clotting of blood in the uterus after an abortion. Unfortunately, the acronym "PAS" has been reincarnated by the anti-choice, and now suggests a causal link between abortion and mental illness. PAS is described as being very similar to post-traumatic stress disorder, and is promoted as being epidemic in proportion. source

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search