incest*

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Veteran
I quite possibly would abort (can't say for sure as i'm not in this situation).
Not only for myself but i'm pretty certain that forcing my mother to watch her daughter bear the child of her husband would literally kill her.

edited because i realized i used the word 'quite' 3 times in 2 sentences.
October 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM
kadydid
I would not have my daddies baby. UGH, sorry call me what you will, I would not.
October 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Super Mommy
I honestly don't think that I could keep the pregnancy. It may sound selfish, but I wouldn't want to carry a baby made out of such a horrible act. The thought of it makes me sick.

Quote:
I dont understand how you would give the baby up for adoption, no couples want mentally retarded babies ect. And a problem that comes a long with insest is health problems and defects. It would be difficult to find a couple who wanted that.[/b]
I have to disagree with this statement. There are many couples that adopt special needs children. It may not be as common as those who are adopting "normal" healthy babies, but there are plenty of couples with big hearts that are willing to take in those children.

October 16th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's safe to say, especially at this point in my life, that I would have an abortion if ANYONE raped me...especially my father.

....and now I'm off to vomit!
October 16th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Ok, well I'm going to have the different opinion, so jump on it

I would not abort the baby. I quite possibly would keep it. It would still be 'my' child, and I can't bear the thought of knowing that 'my' own flesh and blood is out there with another family. The child didn't ask for that fate--I think I would just try to block out of my head what happened and accept it as my child and only 'my' child. I would probably consider adoption as well though.

As for explaining it to siblings, I probably wouldn't--well, maybe when they are adults. Not sure how I'd get around it, but it's not something they would understand until they were older. Same with the child himself.
October 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
mrobinson
I have a very personal feeling about rapists.. Why allow a rapist, including incest, the satisfaction of knowing their genes get continued?
October 16th, 2006, 10:16 PM
irishxrose
I would abort. I have very strong feelings about this subject... things that I have kept secret from even the Controlling and Abusive board, but that I will tell you all finally so you can understand my feelings about this.

I was molested continually as a child by a cousin. I could have easily gotten pregnant by the time the molestation stopped. I thankfully never did, but this hits me hard. My mother was also molested by an older family member when she was younger and she DID get pregnant. She aborted that child, and she is glad she did. If she hadn't, I would not exist, my brother would not exist, her life would be completely different, and she never would have left that abusive part of the family. When she left for college, she got away from that particular abusive man. If she had had his child, she never would have gotten away, she never would have met my dad, and I wouldn't be here. This is why I have such strong feelings on this subject... I just thought I would explain to all of you. I'm sitting here crying because of the memories that this thread has brought up, but I also feel that a weight has been lifted...

I am rambling but I really want to tell you all that I you guys. I am glad that I finally have found great friends to confide in.
October 16th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Veteran
^I don't think most rapes are a result of the man's desire to continue his family tree? But if that would provide satisfaction to him, so be it. I don't feel that an abortion should be performed just to keep someone from recieving that satisfaction.

O/T I'm scared. We have a tornado watch as usual. I don't like tornadoes...
October 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM
mrobinson
Andrika ~

I totally understand why you kept that secret. I hope in time the wounds heal.

Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search