Child already born...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2006, 12:56 PM
mrobinson
Have you heard of Robert Latimer? I suugest reading about him as this is the exact subject.
October 17th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Would I put down my pet who is suffering with no hopes of recovering? YES,so I will sure as hell give the same respect to my child.

I would have to know that they are in constant pain with no hopes of recovery first.I would not kill my child just because they needed many operations,I would only "kill" them if they had no qualitly of life,no hopes of recovery and would be in severe pain.

Please also look up death by starvation because it really is not as cruel as it seems.The body shuts down before any bad side effects occur.Patients who are took of feeding tubes slip into a coma very quickly so it is painless.

Life is a gift if you can live it,not if you spend your entire life in pain.Go tell someone who lives in severe pain all their life,that there life is a gift.
October 17th, 2006, 01:22 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Quote:
Would I put down my pet who is suffering with no hopes of recovering? YES,so I will sure as hell give the same respect to my child.

I would have to know that they are in constant pain with no hopes of recovery first.I would not kill my child just because they needed many operations,I would only "kill" them if they had no qualitly of life,no hopes of recovery and would be in severe pain.

Please also look up death by starvation because it really is not as cruel as it seems.The body shuts down before any bad side effects occur.Patients who are took of feeding tubes slip into a coma very quickly so it is painless.

Life is a gift if you can live it,not if you spend your entire life in pain.Go tell someone who lives in severe pain all their life,that there life is a gift.[/b]
Agreed.

Have at it, Mommieof3! Tear me apart.

October 17th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
In certain scenarios, I would support EUTHANASIA (but I like your "spin" on it...."killing" ). Euthanasia is not murder, and if my child had a condition that robbed them of life quality, where every waking moment was filled with pain, then, yes, I would support their right to die.
You can spout off your "life is precious" and "murder is murder", but in the end why don't you try and walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I watched my Grandfather, the love of my young life, and my father figure die a slow and agonizing death from Pancreatic Cancer. He was given a month to live and he was made to endure and suffer and SURVIVE (because believe me, he was not living) for over 6 months! He prayed for death everyday, every movement was excruciating. He could not eat, he could not drink, he could barely speak, yet he was forced with the use of machines and drugs to carry on.
Knowing the pain I felt watching that man, a very strong man, die a slow and torturous death I cannot imagine sitting back and watching my own child go through that. When you know of someone who has been through that ordeal, and especially when it involves their child (because God forbid it is ever you) then let me know your feelings.

October 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
But, it kept referring to animal euthanasia...

I dunno...maybe it's just me...but I would even have a really hard time putting an animal to death.[/b]
I have a thread in the news about a dog being tortured.. I'm sure if you were in that same guys position, you would do the same thing ~ put that poor dog out of it's misery.
October 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Thanks Michelle for that link.

That story really tore at my heart and soul.[/b]
That is a story I have thought about since it happened.. I hope I never forget.
October 17th, 2006, 01:51 PM
mrobinson
READ IT!

The dog had all four legs bound, a bag pulled over her head, duct tape across her snout and a rope around her neck.

There was a blood stain stretching about three blocks al-ong the road, which is where it's believed the dog was dragged from the back of a vehicle, he said.

Mencarelli said the rope was tied tight around the dog's neck.

Her neck, back and pelvis were all broken, and she had lacerations over her entire body, said the veterinarian.

"There was no conclusion other than she had been tortured," he said.

But most horrifying for Mencarelli was the discovery the dog was still alive.

"She was in shock," he said. "I put her in the back of my truck and put her to sleep immediately."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You would keep that dog alive?!?!??! It's a perfect example of having enough courage to do the right thing.
October 17th, 2006, 02:01 PM
mrobinson
Quote:

That story....ok, well it definitely didn't help me calm down, I'll say that.

I still don't think I would kill the dog.....I would hold it and cry and pray that God would take her in peace...but *I* couldn't do it.

And it doesn't make me heartless either.[/b]

((stepping away for air)))

Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
It's a perfect example of having enough courage to do the right thing.[/b]
Call me a coward, fine. I can deal with that.
[/b][/quote]
Well, then I can definately add that to my list of what I think of pro-lifers.
October 17th, 2006, 02:05 PM
chlodoll
Why would you let someone suffer because you dont like the way it makes you feel??
October 17th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:

That story....ok, well it definitely didn't help me calm down, I'll say that.

I still don't think I would kill the dog.....I would hold it and cry and pray that God would take her in peace...but *I* couldn't do it.

And it doesn't make me heartless either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
It's a perfect example of having enough courage to do the right thing.[/b]
Call me a coward, fine. I can deal with that.

But I'm not heartless, as some people say.
[/b][/quote]

you would let that dog suffer??? The thought of holding that dog and watching him suffer with no intention or desire to end his suffering is....I don't know...twisted? I can't imagine making that dog suffer, so the idea of watching my child...well, you get the idea.

Quote:
I would NEVER say that these parents are "murdering" their children.[/b]
Quote:
So...would you just not feed these babies? Let them starve? Kill them off?[/b]
Quote:
What about kids with cancer? Put them out of their misery? That's human? Let's not try to find a cure, just put 'em out of their misery?[/b]
semantics....potato---potahto. and for the record it is HUMANE!

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search