pro-choice/ pro-abortion

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Is there? Is there really a better soloution here?
I honestly cant tell you that there is. its either have the baby and adopt or abort.
its not like they can move an embryo or a baby.
And alot of the time abort probably is best because otherwise these kids end up in childrens homes wondering why the hell their parents didn't want them in the first place.
But I値l be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 19th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
I honestly cant tell you that there is. its either have the baby and adopt or abort.
And alot of the time abort probably is best because otherwise these kids end up in childrens homes wondering why the hell their parents didn't want them in the first place.[/b]
Yes, there are better solutions. Granted, we will never erradicate abortion, but we can greatly reduce it's necessity. We need to stop teaching abstinence only sex education and teach our children actual sex education, the good, the bad and the ugly. A large part of the problem is a lack of education and complete ignorance to the facts, and possible consequences of sex. There needs to be more programs in place for these mothers (and possibly their families) to offer necessary counseling and support. The key, IMO, is the education factor. If they armed with the information and all the facts, they are less likely to get pregnant. If they do get pregnant, it is best that these women have the support they need to make the decision that is best for them.

It does not boil down to have it, adopt it or abort it. If we tackle the problem at its source (ie preventing the pregnancy) through accurate information and education, then a lot less women would be faced with the decision.

January 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
mrobinson
I agree with StaceyC!

I also just wish people wouldn't condemn abortion with the murder sword they do. Abortion should be an accepted medical procedure between a doctor and the patient.
January 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Well thats true.

Education is the problem but thats something that can only be solved in time its not a "quick fix".
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 21st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Quote:

And alot of the time abort probably is best because otherwise these kids end up in childrens homes wondering why the hell their parents didn't want them in the first place.[/b]
I guess I don't understand what you are saying Ellie.
[/b]
What I'm saying here is (yes it is a problem with education granted) that right now alot of the time these are the options that a young pregnant girl faces, they are here choices. I'm not sure which is best there are pros and cons to each... here in UK childrens homes are packed adoption is rare and I can't imagine what its like being a child in care getting shipped about from home to home, going to school with kids who has a mom and a dad and all this kid is thinking to itself is "why didn't my mommy and daddy want me?"

Its all swings and roundabouts to me...

I guess this debate is making me realise my actual opinion on abortion. I believe it to be a totally personal decision, like any decsion over your kids is, its about whats BEST for that child and yeah ok I know alot of women don't have a termination for that reason, but not all abortions are done in a selfish light. Its a choice that should be left open. You get pregnant and want an abortion? Fine, you dont? Don't have one. Thats how simple it SHOULD be. I guess I just don't agree with the stigma given to the procedure. It's no one elses choice but that woman's and her partners.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Niether do I... but I ask this: your children's friends they must have parents who have done things you don't agree with? That you wouldn't do?
My point is that someone else obviously thought it was the right thing to do for their child.
I guess thats my attitude toward this.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

January 21st, 2007, 02:43 PM
jsut dont get me wrong... this isn't my personal opinion I just don't think that my personal comes into anyone elses... Ideal world and all that... but its not an ideal world

Thats really all it boils down to... personal opinion and choice
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

June 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganempath View Post
I'm one who is not only pro-choice; I'm also pro-abortion. I do think that proper precautions should be taken to avoid pregnancy if one doesn't want to raise a child. However, I believe that when that fails-- for whatever reason-- most of the time, abortion is the best solution. I have no problem with the procedure; I've had one myself. And I don't believe in a stigma being attached to women who've had abortions.

I know most people think that adoption is a better alternative, but I think that works only in a perfect world. Some say that it's easy to find families for all of these children that the parents don't want to keep. Tell that to all the kids who never get a permanent family and grow to adulthood with no place to call home. Where do they go back to when everyone else is going home for the holidays? I feel very bad for them.

In addition, I have a serious problem with children who are subjected to abuse and neglect by parents who didn't want them or are unable to care for them properly. You can't tell me that being aborted as an 8-week-old fetus is worse than being thrown against a wall and then kicked to death at the age of 2.

So all in all, abortion is a much preferable alternative to me than living a life of pain and loneliness. I was a mistake baby and there are many, many times that I wish my mom had gotten an abortion.
What if someone thought your life is not worth living and killed you? It's not the parents choice if the baby lives or dies just like it's not your choice if someone's life is worth living or not. The Baby inside you is a separate person and aborting it is murder. The parent has no right to end someone life and if they not going to take care of it themselves give it up so they at least have a shot at life themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2DavidandAaron View Post
This is one of the reasons why I wouldn't want abortion to be illegal even if I'm all against it (and I am). I think believing that just because something's illegal it'll stop from happening is a very naive idea, IMHO. Of course it may help to lower the numbers of abortions, but it won't stop abortions and those who do happen would be done in unsanitary, dangerous conditions.
We have to be realistic here.

Sharon
making murder illigal does not stop people killing each other so should we legalize it?
June 21st, 2011, 08:35 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Oh holy hell. This debate is 4 years old, start a new freaking one if you want to debate it
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
June 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beth-- I know, right?? Wow, that post of mine is so old it's under my original screen name. Talk about being late to the party.
June 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy old thread, Batman.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search