Interesting point

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
chloe82
I just watched Law and Order tonight, and it dealt with the issue of stem cell research.
Somebody said soemthing I found interesting, and had not thought about before....they made the point that one of the biggest arguments supporting the right to choose is that women should have the right to do what they want with their own bodies....but then pointed out that legally, we DON'T even have the right to choose completely what to do with our own bodies....we are not allowed to, for example, sell a kidney.(why not?? becuase the costs would get out of control and only the wealthy would have a chance?? isn't it already that way in the American health care system to an extent?? anyways, that's off-topic)
Just something I found interesting. I had never heard that comparison made before.
Thoughts?
February 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
It is odd isn't it how you can't legally sell your organs but you can kill your baby (for the purposes of this statement i'm referring to abortion that way) as long as it is still inside your womb.
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 2nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A fetus is not a legal person in the USA. You have the right to do what you will with your body until it infringes on other people. Becuase the fetus is not in the category of other people because it is not a person under the law, you can get an abortion. You can do what you want with your organs but it cannot negatively afgfect other people- hence they must be disposed of correctly, they must be donated correctly, and the whole selling organs thing is a big can of worms with lots of far reaching affects.

So:

Abortion: affects no other legal persons

Examples used in OP: affects other legal persons
February 3rd, 2007, 03:50 AM
chloe82
Quote:
A fetus is not a legal person in the USA. You have the right to do what you will with your body until it infringes on other people. Becuase the fetus is not in the category of other people because it is not a person under the law, you can get an abortion. You can do what you want with your organs but it cannot negatively afgfect other people- hence they must be disposed of correctly, they must be donated correctly, and the whole selling organs thing is a big can of worms with lots of far reaching affects.

So:

Abortion: affects no other legal persons

Examples used in OP: affects other legal persons[/b]

Ah. I see

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search