HE has the Final say!

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 09:04 AM
babyreaves's Avatar Super Mommy
The way I see it, every person has their own story and we don't know the entirety of it. It is none of my business if a woman carries/or doesn't carry a baby to full term. It is so easy for people to judge, in the end God is the only one who can judge, and so his is the only opinion that matters. This is the problem I had with many christian's and catholics I know, hey say they follow the word of the Lord, but then they are judgemental. These church going people should know that God does not want us to judge others (He who has not sinned, cast the first stone) that is why Jesus died for our sins, only HE will decide our fate in the end.

Pro-choice or pro-life...we are all entitled to our thoughts and feelings....these are just a few of mine
February 16th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
I feel ya on the Catholic thing....(JMO).[/b]
Ya know, Cece, I notice you like to throw in the jabs at Catholocism at every given chance. For someone who wants to be indiscriminate, as you claim, you sure do take every given oppurtunity to lend to stereotypes and hatred.

To the OP-I agree.
Regardless of one's spiritual beliefs, whether they are Christian, Buddhist, Wiccan, or Atheist, no one here on this earth is going to have any decision in your hereafter. If you believe that you go to heaven, or are reincarnated or if you just believe you become worm food, Jane Smith, the friend who disagrees with Suzie's decision to have an abortion has no say in the final destination of her soul.

February 16th, 2007, 09:30 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
To the OP - Another reason why I am pro-choice. Who am I to say whats gonig to happen to that person. What goes around comes around.
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 10:01 AM
But I don't feel that I am judging. I feel that I am against the killing of babies...but not judging those as horrible, awful people who will indefinitely go to hell. Heck, if I believed in hell (which I am not sure if I do or not), there is a possibility that *I* could be going there too, so who am I to judge?

When I was referring to judging I meant people who judge women that get abortions as horrible awful people. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not so naive to believe that ALL pro-lifers view women who get abortions in this way.

Before anyone thinks I'm spreading hate about catholics and christians, let me make it clear that I'm not. I am Catholic as well....Whenever I have had abortion conversations/debates with people I know personally they just happen to be devout Catholics and Christians.

I just wanted to post some thoughts I have...I have no stance on the abortion issue...The only stance I have is it's none of my business with what people do with their bodies
February 16th, 2007, 10:03 AM
chloe82
I am pro-life, but judging actions and judging people is entirely different. I think abortion is wrong and will never support it, but I don't think judge people who have abortions, provide abortions, etc. It's not my place to judge anyone's soul, and I personally have never seen anyone on this board presume to say that anyone who has an abortion is going to hell. I completely agree with what you said....only God knows people's hearts. You know the saying "hate the sin, love the sinner"....(well I realize now everyone's going to say, "I don't think abortion is a sin!" but that's not my point when I quote that saying)....I'm just pointing out that it's one thing to discern between what you think is right and wrong in terms of issues and actions, but another entirely to point the finger at people themselves and judge THEM. Plus I think we all mess up every day and no person is better than another....if we're talking Christianity the Bible says all sins are seen the same in God's eyes, and that we should look at the plank in our own eye before we point out the speck in our brother's eye. For all I know, Hitler will be in heaven and Mother Theresa won't. Extreme? yes, it seems so to us but you never know....
February 16th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Quote:
But I don't feel that I am judging. I feel that I am against the killing of babies...but not judging those as horrible, awful people who will indefinitely go to hell. Heck, if I believed in hell (which I am not sure if I do or not), there is a possibility that *I* could be going there too, so who am I to judge?

When I was referring to judging I meant people who judge women that get abortions as horrible awful people. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am not so naive to believe that ALL pro-lifers view women who get abortions in this way.

Before anyone thinks I'm spreading hate about catholics and christians, let me make it clear that I'm not. I am Catholic as well....Whenever I have had abortion conversations/debates with people I know personally they just happen to be devout Catholics and Christians.

I just wanted to post some thoughts I have...I have no stance on the abortion issue...The only stance I have is it's none of my business with what people do with their bodies[/b]
Well, well, well...isn't THAT interesting?!

So much for the "spreading the hate" argument.

ETA: since we were being accused of "spreading the hate."
[/b]
I wasn't accusing HER of anything. I was referring specifically to YOU and the several times in several threads that I have seen you throw in your jabs at Catholocism when it has nothing to do with the subject.

February 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just wanted to post some thoughts I have...I have no stance on the abortion issue...The only stance I have is it's none of my business with what people do with their bodies[/b]

[/b]
I wasn't accusing HER of anything. I was referring specifically to YOU and the several times in several threads that I have seen you throw in your jabs at Catholocism when it has nothing to do with the subject.
[/b]
Stacey C I know you weren't accussing me of anything I just wanted to make it clear just in case anyone else read my posting and thought that I was being hateful or mean spirited
February 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why does every single debate become so hateful?!?!

I am very much pro-life. I don't think I judge anyone who is pro-choice, even thought it is against my values. Doing your best not to sound judgmental is so very hard to do over the internet. People misconstrue a great deal of what you type... especially when they have a different viewpoint.

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
February 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mommieof3 @ Feb 16 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
Quote:

[/b]
[/b]
Stacey C I know you weren't accussing me of anything I just wanted to make it clear just in case anyone else read my posting and thought that I was being hateful or mean spirited
[/b][/quote]
Is this supposed to be me?

Jesu mio....

How am I being hateful??? I AGREED with you about (at least in part, since you are Catholic), that some parts of the Catholic faith are judgemental (or hypocritical, IMO). I never said I "hated" anyone. What the hell? This is getting really ridiculous.
[/b][/quote]

NO No No, Mommieof3....I didn't say you are being hateful....I wasn't even implying it in the least! Please try not to jump to conclusions and be so defensive. Trust me I'm very blunt and if I felt you were being hateful I would have called you out directly. I was just trying to clear up my intentions for anyone who might be looking at the post for the first time.........goodness ...let's all take a deep breath
February 16th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Why does every single debate become so hateful?!?!

I am very much pro-life. I don't think I judge anyone who is pro-choice, even thought it is against my values. Doing your best not to sound judgmental is so very hard to do over the internet. People misconstrue a great deal of what you type... especially when they have a different viewpoint.[/b]

Well said Jodi16ss I love the internet, but it is hard to get a sense of people's tone and their non-verbal cues.....everything seems to get misconstrued, especially if some people are more sensitive than others and they feel like they are being personally attacked...this is why debating in person is always best

To the reply about everyone judging..........yes everyone usually has a preconceived notion about people when they first meet/see them it is "human nature" That is why I try to get to know more about the person or issue, before I come to a concrete decision, and even then I may have a change of heart. Humans and feelings...we are so complex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search