Aborting HEALTHY babies

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 06:33 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Personalyl I think the limit on abortion should be 12 weeks. I don't agree with abortion at any point but its gna happen so it may as well be safe. But after 12 weeks I don't know how anyone could do that...
But I値l be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
mrobinson
I just seen in my U/S a 18 week old fetus.. If something was wrong, I would have definately considered abortion. I wouldn't judge others who would either.
February 16th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Quote:
I just seen in my U/S a 18 week old fetus.. If something was wrong, I would have definately considered abortion. I wouldn't judge others who would either.[/b]
So would I if something was wrong... BUT for a perfectly healthy baby at that point I can't jsutify they had long enough to make the choice in the first trimester...
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM
mrobinson
I think the problem is everyone's idea of healthy.. To many people that means perfect while to others that can be any range of disablity/disease ~ just as long as it's viable, it's healthy.

Why would assume that anyone would just change their mind about a perfect baby? I've read many stories where it was a decision based off of changes in the status of health of the fetus. Just because the doctors thought it was perfect within the first tri, doesn't mean it was. Here in Canada there is one u/s for people like me, first time, no risk pregnancies. It's at 18 weeks. That is techincally the second tri. So if this was my first u/s and something was found wrong with it...

(BTW: this was my second u/s. I had one at 13 weeks because I choose to participate in an early prescreening test. The results were fine then but lots can develop in 5 more weeks.)
February 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM
In the UK the first U/S is given at 12wks I believe. I don't know i guess I would have mroe difficulty knowing someone aborted an 18wk old PERFECT fetus/baby to be that makes no sense... why go 18 weeks and then have an abortion?
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
For clarification, when I say "healthy" I mean perfectly healthy. No disabilities, no abnormalities. A perfectly healthy child.[/b]
I know many women can't get to an abortion clinic sooner than that.. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone has access.
February 16th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I don't know what the limit is here anymore... though there was talk of LOWERING it to 22 weeks!!!!

I really cannot even begin to understand this... it just makes me more adament that access should be made ALOT easier. and also for teens that Education should be DRAMATICALLY reformed.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
To have an abortion at this late stage there would have to be real health risk to the mother/baby. IMO.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Quote:
To have an abortion at this late stage there would have to be real health risk to the mother/baby. IMO.[/b]
You realize though, that it isn't illegal to have one without medical reasoning, though? (At least in the U.S., and perhaps Canada)?
[/b]
Yes I do.

And even though i so do not agree with this I couldn't petition to have this made illegal.. purely on the basis that what they could do to themselves could be far worse and cause much more damage.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4tinybabyangels @ Feb 16 2007, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
To have an abortion at this late stage there would have to be real health risk to the mother/baby. IMO.[/b]
You realize though, that it isn't illegal to have one without medical reasoning, though? (At least in the U.S., and perhaps Canada)?
[/b]
Yes I do.

And even though i so do not agree with this I couldn't petition to have this made illegal.. purely on the basis that what they could do to themselves could be far worse and cause much more damage.
[/b][/quote]
I don't understand. You say you do not agree with it at all, but are willing to advocate for abortion. It doesn't make sense. You must agree with abortion *to some extent* (even at this stage), in order to advocate it. Kwim?
[/b][/quote]

Not at all. To me its about safety. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had caused TWO unneccessary deaths (by campaining to make abortion illegal). To me if people are gonig to do this then minimising the risk involved is completely necessary. I don't agree with it I just refuse to see more lives lost than necessary(possibly not the right word).
If Abortion being legal is what it takes to keep some women safe then that is what has to happen IMO. I believe that better education is needed, better support is needed. I hate that this has to happen at all Cece, but if it does I'd rather not know that two people died instead of one.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search