Here's a question for you..

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 08:33 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
When a baby is born not just ONE person is responsible for its care anymore. the baby is cared for (in most instances) more than one person so the chances of no one feeding the baby are smaller (i assume). Those that leave their babies in dumpsters are real examples of this - could have saved a lot of hassle though by having an abortion...
But I値l be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 08:45 PM
God knows... I'm sorta feeling like I shouldn't have got in here because I believe if the mother can't look after the child she should have either had an abortion or given the baby up for adoption. That child shouldn't be in that environment (however a 15 year old girl shouldn't need to get an abortion.)
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
There is if your not educated... if all your taught is abstinence your not taught anything at all then really it isn't the childs fault its the duty of its parents and elders to inform them of ways to prevent pregnancy.

(I didn't mention pregnant for the reason that I'd be a hypocrite saying it )
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 17th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
If noone feeds a newborn they will die. A newborn is 100% dependent on it's care giver to live, just like a fetus is 100% dependent on the mother for survival, so what makes a fetus less important than a new born?[/b]
The mother is no longer the only one capable of ensuring a newborns survival, as she is to a fetus. The fetus cannot live outside of the mother's body, it is 100% dependent on her and her body to survive. A newborn can be properly cared for by anybody else after birth. If the newborn was solely dependent on the mother, adoption would not be possible. The needs of a newborn can be met by anyone willing and able to take on the responsibility, the needs of a fetus can only be met by the mother carrying it.

Quote:
There really isnt any excuse to get pregnant accidently anymore, that's the sad thing[/b]
Aside from severe lack of proper sex education, birth control is still not 100%. So unless you are referring to total abstinence for couples, then, IMO, accidental pregnancies are still not out of the range of normal.

February 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If noone feeds a newborn they will die. A newborn is 100% dependent on it's care giver to live, just like a fetus is 100% dependent on the mother for survival, so what makes a fetus less important than a new born?[/b]
The mother is no longer the only one capable of ensuring a newborns survival, as she is to a fetus. The fetus cannot live outside of the mother's body, it is 100% dependent on her and her body to survive. A newborn can be properly cared for by anybody else after birth. If the newborn was solely dependent on the mother, adoption would not be possible. The needs of a newborn can be met by anyone willing and able to take on the responsibility, the needs of a fetus can only be met by the mother carrying it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
<div class='quotemain'>There really isnt any excuse to get pregnant accidently anymore, that's the sad thing[/b]
Aside from severe lack of proper sex education, birth control is still not 100%. So unless you are referring to total abstinence for couples, then, IMO, accidental pregnancies are still not out of the range of normal.
[/b][/quote]

Birth control and a condom. The chances of getting pregnant are very, very, very slim.
[/b][/quote]
NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!

February 17th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

<div class='quotemain'>There really isnt any excuse to get pregnant accidently anymore, that's the sad thing[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Birth control and a condom. The chances of getting pregnant are very, very, very slim.
[/b][/quote]

Sure if your a kid that knows what a condom is and where to get them and if your a girl that can get onto the pill or patch. These kids don't need protection or knowledge to have sex they just need a penis and a vagina and alot of raging hormones - if they arn't taught how are they supposed to know?
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
The fault lies in many areas the two people involved in the sexual activity also the parents for not informing their child about birth control and the lack of education in schools is also to blame.

A child needs to be taught everything they are new into the world you are their parent and responsible for making sure they stay safe. This is just one of the ways they should be safe.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Course they should. I'm not in any position to tell anyone what they can and can't do.
Like I have said I believe that making abortion illegal isn't the answer i think they key to helping the abortion issue is Education and good support networks that then might make teens able to keep their child. But I will never ever put my name to anything stopping ANYONE from having that choice.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 17th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
The fault lies in many areas the two people involved in the sexual activity also the parents for not informing their child about birth control and the lack of education in schools is also to blame.

A child needs to be taught everything they are new into the world you are their parent and responsible for making sure they stay safe. This is just one of the ways they should be safe.[/b]
Im sure in many cases the teen, adult is uneducated. In a many cases they are very educated. So if someone is educated on sexuality and pregnancy ect.ect.ect then should they have the right to abort?
[/b]
Yes, they should have that right.
February 18th, 2007, 05:35 AM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Judging from how many women on this site alone got pregnant off the pill and condoms, I would say it's NOT that slim of a chance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search