The Grassroots abortion war

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Veteran
Time magazine article

I don't know if this has been posted alredy but i just found it very interesting.
February 17th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Los Angeles Democrat Henry Waxman, now chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, investigated federally funded CPCs, using callers posing as pregnant 17-year-olds. The investigators reported that 20 of 23 centers they reached provided "false or misleading information about the health effects of abortion," inflating the risk of breast cancer, infertility, depression and suicide.[/b]
I can't talk about this particular subject without getting way too fired up. That's our money going to spread these lies.

Faith based aid and this are...ugh...I can't even begin!

Quote:
Eventually the woman who had done the test reappeared, holding a pair of soft blue, hand-knit baby booties. "Congratulations!" she said. "You're a mother."[/b]
Oh yeah, no bias there. THIS is how they spend the federal money...friggin booties for crying out loud! Federally funded and they can't even produce pamphlets with accurate information! but they hand out booties! I suppose that should make up for the scare mongering!

Quote:
the U.S. National Cancer Institute in February 2003 gathered the world's leading experts to review the data and assess the risk. They stated that their conclusion that "induced abortion is not associated with an increase in breast cancer risk"was "well established," the institute's highest rating for research findings.[/b]
YET! CP centers CONTINUE to spread the lie! sick and disgusting.

Quote:
Since Hutchinson's church sponsors the Asheville pregnancy center and the former director goes to Blue Moon meetings, Planned Parenthood's Von Unwerth brought in examples of its literature and argued that some of it was misleading and out of date. She points to one brochure that is still in use called "You're Considering an Abortion: What Can Happen to You?" It warns, "Your next baby will be twice as likely to die in the first few months of life" and "After an abortion you may become sterile." The citations throughout are to journal articles dating back to 1967, with none from the past 20 years. Since that discussion, Wood took over the Asheville center and Hutchinson hopes the topic will be revisited. Wood says she would be glad to meet with the group; she has created a new brochure, but would be prepared to discuss the ones she inherited and still uses. "It's been a real education about the scientific facts and data and who are reliable sources," Hutchinson says. "That gets to the heart of the divide. If we as a society can't agree on who is the gold-standard source of medical information, that just reveals we've really got problems."[/b]
*UA violation* insane

From the abortion clinic site I was reading earlier (kensington center in calgary):

Quote:
There are a growing number of anti-choice counselling services throughout the province that are sometimes referred to as crisis pregnancy centres. Crisis pregnancy centres always try to present themselves as non-religious, non-judgmental counselling agencies. However, they primarily exist to counsel against abortion and often have a hidden faith-based mission. The literature they hand out on abortion and contraception is distinctly biased against these options and generally are not supported by the medical and scientific community. Their literature is of a type and quality only produced and dispensed by organizations morally opposed to the legal provision of abortion[/b]
It may be a bias source in itself, but I agree with every word.
February 18th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Veteran
I really liked the 'one persons compassion is someone else's emotionnal pressure' line.

I pretty much had the same reaction reading it as Isabellamom.
February 18th, 2007, 08:54 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
So THAT'S what that place was in TX...

There was a Pregnancy Crisis Center right on the main street in San Angelo, and I always drove past it really confused, because it was a very Christian town, and the center looked very out of place. Guess I know what it was now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search