Prochoice mantra...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2007, 10:00 PM
chlodoll
Prochoice or no choice to have control over your own body.
February 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
chlodoll
There are other choices, abortion, adoption, or parenting. I interpret it as pro-choice or no choice to your reproductive rights, your rights over your body, your right to safe medical procedures. Not that there are no other choices.
February 17th, 2007, 11:19 PM
chlodoll
Oh dont worry I didnt think you thought it was wrong I was just trying to clarify more lol

hahaha i should probably make the troll pic a bit smaller!!
February 18th, 2007, 05:27 AM
irishxrose
I agree with what Chloe said... and that troll is freaky!
February 18th, 2007, 09:02 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I jsut dont liek the trolll
But agreeng with Chloe
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM
kadydid
Quote:
I agree with what Chloe said... and that troll is freaky![/b]
ITA!!

(about the topic and about the troll )
February 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't personally use this one but I read it as meaning:

If you take away prochoice legislation, then you leave women with no choice but to carry the pregnancy to term. She has no choice over the risks posed on her, no choice over what is happening in her body but to carry to term.
February 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:

If you take away prochoice legislation, then you leave women with no choice but to carry the pregnancy to term. She has no choice over the risks posed on her, no choice over what is happening in her body but to carry to term.[/b]
This is exactly how I read it too. No choice but to go through with the pregnancy. Yes she has choices of what to do with the child once here...keep or adopt out. But she still has to put herself through all of the things that go along with pregnancy.

February 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Quote:

If you take away prochoice legislation, then you leave women with no choice but to carry the pregnancy to term. She has no choice over the risks posed on her, no choice over what is happening in her body but to carry to term.[/b]
This is exactly how I read it too. No choice but to go through with the pregnancy. Yes she has choices of what to do with the child once here...keep or adopt out. But she still has to put herself through all of the things that go along with pregnancy.
[/b]
And THAT is one of the many reasons why I do not support the ban of abortion. No woman should be forced to carry a pregnancy.
February 20th, 2007, 11:56 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I find that slogan a little silly lol Because you DO have a choice.

You have the choice to get on birth control.
You have the choice to not have sex at all.
You have the choice to track your ovulation cycle.
You have the choice to go to the library and look up pregnancy, and how an egg is fertilized.

And so on and so forth. I find it to be really irresponsible for people to have sex, without thinking that a pregnancy might come about. And if you're view is "Well, I'll just abort the baby-fetus-clump of cells", then you're really not ready to be having sex. IMO, at least. Not to mention, I find it really irresponsible of the pro-choice people who came up with this little slogan, to not advocate the plethora of choices you can make, before you come to the pivotal "kill or keep the child" point
February 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I find it really irresponsible of the pro-choice people who came up with this little slogan, to not advocate the plethora of choices you can make[/b]
not to mention the prolife machines that continue to work towards making some of your suggested choices (birth control and sex ed) hard to get to.

A recent example of what im talking about:

Quote:
A day after the city unveiled its New York-branded condoms, two prominent Catholic leaders called the health department's free condom initiative "tragic and misguided."[/b]
Quote:
"Our political leaders fail to protect the moral tone of our community when they encourage inappropriate sexual activity by blanketing our neighborhoods with condoms," Cardinal Egan and Bishop DiMarzio's statement read. "Although in their statements they give nod to the truth that only abstinence before marriage and fidelity within marriage are failsafe, by their actions they ignore that truth and degrade societal standards."[/b]
link
February 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Quote:
I find that slogan a little silly lol Because you DO have a choice.

You have the choice to get on birth control.
You have the choice to not have sex at all.
You have the choice to track your ovulation cycle.
You have the choice to go to the library and look up pregnancy, and how an egg is fertilized.

And so on and so forth. I find it to be really irresponsible for people to have sex, without thinking that a pregnancy might come about. And if you're view is "Well, I'll just abort the baby-fetus-clump of cells", then you're really not ready to be having sex. IMO, at least. Not to mention, I find it really irresponsible of the pro-choice people who came up with this little slogan, to not advocate the plethora of choices you can make, before you come to the pivotal "kill or keep the child" point [/b]
Most teenagers arnt ready to be having sex but at the end of the day they don't need any level of maturity to work out that a penis fits in a vagina and boy doesnt it feel good.
Thats why sex seducation needs to be improved in schools AND in the home. If teens arn't taught then how do they know?
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search