being prolife with no exceptions

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In cece's poll, there were at least 4 people who are prolife with no exceptions.

Tell me about why you feel this way. Tell me about what kind of "prolifer" you are (ie, are you for or against legislation). Tell me about why you would give no exceptions to a child who is pregnant by her father or a mother who is doomed to death if she continues her pregnancy.
February 20th, 2007, 07:58 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
So selfish I'm sorry but without the mother that child to a point will msot certianly die as well as the mother if the mother is doomed to death. What about the mothers right to life? Why should she die? Thats so totally hypocritical how can you say everyone deserves the right to live and then take it from someone by making them go through a pregnancy? URGH

And how you could make a child go through a pregnancy inflicted on her by her father!!!! Thats just Low.
But I値l be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 20th, 2007, 08:15 PM
irishxrose
I just cannot understand this viewpoint.
February 21st, 2007, 05:50 AM
How can you believe that everyone has the right to life yet your willing to allow babies to destroy peoples lives because they will cause the death of their mother?
I cannot understand it.
I called the viewpoint low. But I find prolife to be selfish I truely cannot get my head around it.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 21st, 2007, 06:41 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So selfish I'm sorry but without the mother that child to a point will msot certianly die as well as the mother if the mother is doomed to death. What about the mothers right to life? Why should she die? Thats so totally hypocritical how can you say everyone deserves the right to live and then take it from someone by making them go through a pregnancy? URGH

And how you could make a child go through a pregnancy inflicted on her by her father!!!! Thats just Low.[/b]
This is exactly why the mods need to keep an eye on the abortion debate board.... because of replies like this. "That's Just Low".... Why come back at CeCe with a response like that? I am sorry but it aggravates me to NO end when people post responses like that. What is going to happen is the only people who are going to be debating on this board are those people who support abortion... because they are going to run everyone else out!

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
February 21st, 2007, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no problem with someone personally choosing to let "god decide" who lives and who dies; I just don't want any laws about it (which is why I asked ' what kind of prolifer are you'). Would you want abortion outlawed in all cases including mother's health?
February 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Quote:

And how you could make a child go through a pregnancy inflicted on her by her father!!!! Thats just Low.[/b]
This is exactly why the mods need to keep an eye on the abortion debate board.... because of replies like this. "That's Just Low".... Why come back at CeCe with a response like that? I am sorry but it aggravates me to NO end when people post responses like that. What is going to happen is the only people who are going to be debating on this board are those people who support abortion... because they are going to run everyone else out!
[/b]
Because thats what I believe - I am shocked that someone would make a child go through a pregnancy inflicted upon her by her father because he raped her. It disgusts me and its reasons like that that I will NEVER put my name to an anti-abortion bill. Its just plain wrong.

That and I don't support abortion I support a womans choice over her reproductive organs.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 21st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Go ahead and call me a baby killer if you want cece. Go for it.
It would be completely untrue but you have fun with that.
Quite frankly this is how you have made it sound this has shocked ME beyond belief. I cannot BELIEVE you would make your daughter go through with a rape pregnancy especially if the father was HER father. (in this I mean I think your opinion would change)
I'm sorry cece I stand by what I said. I really do think alot of it is pride, you have beliefs sure and they only run so deep and then the rest of it the defence etc that is pride. And I really do think its low to make a child already messed up by rape by her own father to then endure a pregnancy. I can't explain to you how sick to the stomach that made ME feel. I truely think thats low. And I won't sugarcoat my feelings to make you feel better just as you wouldn't for me.

You have said I'm sacrificing my integrity when I'm not you have said I'm selfish. You go ahead and call me everyname under the sun. I believe in what I wrote just as you believe in what you wrote. But I won't backdown. And neither would you Cece and you know it.

ETA: In ref to the "your too proud" you've taken it out of context I put "Thats how you have made it sound" I was asking for you clarification.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 21st, 2007, 02:25 PM
irishxrose
Girls, please stop before the abortion board gets shut down like the circ board did. We're all adults okay? Take a nice deep breath, step away from the board, and give it a rest.

I love you both, but calm down!!
February 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM
I'm calm
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM
irishxrose
Good! Now behave!
February 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yes Mum
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar Aiming for mediocrity
Okay

Here is what I think....
We are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I, and Ellie, may feel that, for our own situation, that our fetuses were our "babies" from the moment of conception. I never questioned that there was "life" inside of me with either of my pregnancies. Even when I my triple screen test came back positive for DS, I refused the amnio, because abortion was not an option and there was no reason to increase my risk of miscarriage simply to know "for sure". It was something I felt I could deal with if Sam were born with DS. However, my opinion, or personal feelings on my own pregnancy does not give me license to tell other women that they must share the exact same opinion on a matter even science doesn't agree on. My opinion and personal feelings on what handicap, disfigurment or illness I can handle does not give me the right to tell every other woman that she must be capable of handling them too. The fact that I can have an unplanned pregnancy, pull up the big girl panties and deal with it, does not mean that I can expect every woman, teenager or child to suck it up and carry on. Because I cannot live the lives of every woman contemplating abortion, because I cannot walk a mile in their shoes, I cannot tell them the right decision to make.

MY feeling was that MY fetuses were MY babies from the moment the stick turned blue, but that doesn't change the fact that it is only MY opinion.

February 21st, 2007, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Ha, I am prolife because I am proud[/b]
EXACTLY!!! You are proud. AND SO YOU SHOULD BE. Everyone should be proud of their beliefs.
I am proud to say I am prochoice. You should be PROUD to say you are prolife.

I dunno its jsut easier to debate in real life I think. It wasn't a rhetoric question it was a real question.

Quote:
And you just admitted that you DO think it is pride, so you WEREN'T asking for clarification, you were simply stating a comment, a comment that you knew would get a rise out of me. So WHATEVER.[/b]
I didn't say it to get a rise out of you. I think people act of the PRIDE of their BELIEFS the two go hand in hand IMO. I was explaining. Not trying to piss you off

Quote:
Ha, I am prolife because I am proud. Gosh, it couldn't be because my son died and I saw FIRSTHAND HOW PRECIOUS life can be, now could it? OH NO. Nope, I am just proud and I have found a way to channel it (through being prolife)[/b]
Don't throw that one here. I know how much it hurts to loose a baby you know that.

Quote:
Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE that you are suggesting that my post in "how did your beliefs evolve" was based on pride, and that my beliefs and convictions "only run so deep." I wrote that FROM MY HEART, trying to convey what happened and why I feel the way I do, and all you can do is dismiss it for DEFENSE AND PRIDE? Ughhhhhhhhh. Yep, I am DONE conversing with you.[/b]
Why does pride have to be such a bad thing to you all the time? You can write proudly from your heart can you not?
Well I guess its pointless asking seeing as your doing conversing with me (not said sarcastically)

Quote:
And the whole "selfish" thing....I said it was UNDERSTANDABLE many, many MANY times for you to think I have selfish beliefs. I HAVE ALSO SAID (again) that BOTH SIDES ARE IN SOME WAY SELFISH. Man...you seriously twisted and converted everything and anything you or I have said, to somehow, make yourself look better. It didn't work, at least, not in my opinion, and ya know what? My opinion is the only one that matters to me at the end of the day, because I am the one that has to deal with it.[/b]
How am I making myself look better here? At all? Of course in my head being pro choice is better than being prolife but that doesn't make it so - jsut as to you being prolife is being better than being prochoice.

Either way you took comments directly aimed at the situation (granted my badly worded comments) and took them personally. I'm sorry - you totally shocked me (i knew you were prolife but not that extreme) and given got me in a foul mood and I shouldn't have taken it out here. But I did. And to be fair it hit me pretty raw to think of what you were saying. I just cannot fathom it - as you cannot fathom mine.

Quote:
I am upset and confused and rather irritated by the fact that she can dismiss MY opinions, convictions, beliefs, etc. for just "me being on the defense" and because I am just "too proud"[/b]
BOTH of us got heated and BOTH of us defended how we felt and I do believe it was out of PRIDE that we feel that way and have beliefs so deep cece. I dunno how to explain it any better than that... Our actual convictions got lost in trying to change eachothers opinions I think.
Either way I am not prepared to let you stay pissed at me over this. Because I got stupidly heated (as did you) but I'll admit i could have worded myself ALOT better. I have apologised and I'll do it again - I didn't mean to offend you I am having HUGE mood disorder problems and while its not an excuse it is an explanation. One minute I'm on top of the world the next i'm so angry I could hit someone. I didn't mean to hrt anyone least of all you I am jsut so scarily out of control atm I'm sorry.
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search