Does abortion really stop a beating heart?

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Sunflower_Mommy2003's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On another board someone recently "How can something not living have a heartbeat?"

It got me thinking...

A heart can beat in a braindead person.

It can even beat for some time after it's been removed, in the case of transplant harvesting.

In fact, the 'heartbeat' (muscle contraction) of an early first trimester fetus isn't fully developed or pumping blood. I mentioned this just to clarify the 'Abortion stops a beating heart.' bumpersticker slogan...

Quote:
TIME PERIOD: 23- 25 days post-ovulationn

Thirteen to twenty pairs of somites are present and the embryo is shaped in a modified S curve. The embryo has a bulb-like tail and a connecting stalk to the developing placenta.

A primitive S-shaped tubal heart is beating and peristalsis, the rhythmic muscle contractions propelling fluids throughout the body, begins. However, this is not true circulation because blood vesel development is still incomplete.

http://www.visembryo.com/baby/11.html

[Circulation doesn't become completely functional until 16 weeks post-fertilization (18 weeks of pregnancy).]

http://www.visembryo.com/baby/16_weeks.html[/b]
'
Does a first trimester abortion really stop a 'beating heart'?

Jen

Click--->Questioning Circumcision?<---Click

Intact Care Board</div>
March 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
On another board someone recently "How can something not living have a heartbeat?"

It got me thinking...

It can even beat for some time after it's been removed, in the case of transplant harvesting.

In fact, the 'heartbeat' (muscle contraction) of an early first trimester fetus isn't fully developed or pumping blood. I mentioned this just to clarify the 'Abortion stops a beating heart.' bumpersticker slogan...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
TIME PERIOD: 23- 25 days post-ovulationn

Thirteen to twenty pairs of somites are present and the embryo is shaped in a modified S curve. The embryo has a bulb-like tail and a connecting stalk to the developing placenta.

A primitive S-shaped tubal heart is beating and peristalsis, the rhythmic muscle contractions propelling fluids throughout the body, begins. However, this is not true circulation because blood vesel development is still incomplete.

http://www.visembryo.com/baby/11.html

[Circulation doesn't become completely functional until 16 weeks post-fertilization (18 weeks of pregnancy).]

http://www.visembryo.com/baby/16_weeks.html[/b]
'
Does a first trimester abortion really stop a 'beating heart'?

Jen
[/b][/quote]

Definitely!! There's a heart, there's a beat, it stops after an abortion- it's stopping a heartbeat! Whether or not this heartbeat pumps blood doesn't take away from the fact that you stopped a beating heart. Unless you want to change the cliche to "stopping a pumping heart".

Sharon
March 30th, 2007, 07:57 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Quote:

It got me thinking...

In fact, the 'heartbeat' (muscle contraction) of an early first trimester fetus isn't fully developed or pumping blood. I mentioned this just to clarify the 'Abortion stops a beating heart.' bumpersticker slogan...[/b]
And if you stopped the heart of a braindead person, he or she would die. And a person who's brain-dead is certainly living before you stop their heart, they're just not thinking.

Quote:
, the rhythmic muscle contractions propelling fluids throughout the body[/b]
That's from your article. I imagine the contractions propelling fluids through the body has SOME sort of significance to the baby, regardless if it's pumping blood or not. It wouldn't just pump for the heck of pumping. Our bodies really don't do anything that's unnecessary for the most part.
March 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM
mrobinson
I love the new username Ocean child! That's way easier to remember for the next time I quote you!
March 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
lol Thanks Julia's named after the John Lennon song "Julia", and one of the lyrics in it is "ocean child" and I've always loved it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search