Another choice for pregnant women

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2007, 07:02 AM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Exactly, legally a fetus is not a human, yet it is unethical to sell it. But it's not unethical to pay someone to get rid of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Why would the mother care about the welfare and safety of the baby if she has not rights to it and sold it at the 18th week? Would she truly take care of herself for a fetus which she is willing to sell and has no emotional attachement to?[/b]
Hmmm, let's ask the same question (almost) to someone who gives their child up for adoption (without sell and 18th week in there).
[/b][/quote]

Woops, you just answered.
April 6th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
I'm just trying to understand why it is ok to abort but not ok to sell.[/b]
Because you abort a fetus, you would be selling a baby.

April 6th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just trying to understand why it is ok to abort but not ok to sell.[/b]
Because you abort a fetus, you would be selling a baby.
[/b]
It's funny how the word fetus comes after abort but baby comes after selling.
[/b]
Fetus-An animal in the later stage of development before birth. In humans, the fetal stage is the from the end of the third month until birth.
So, why is it funny? You abort a fetus, it is a scientific term for the stage of development, I did not make it up. You would be selling a baby, a term indicating that the fetus has been born. You can't sell a fetus, unless you can come up with a way to remove it from the mother and replace it somewhere else.

April 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Quote:
I know what a fetus is but thank you for your definition.[/b]
Well, if you know what the definition is, then why are you questioning me for using the term properly?

Quote:
I told you the circumstances around the "selling". Just because you don't see it how I do doesn't mean it wouldn't be the selling of a fetus [/b]
The only way you could sell a fetus is to conduct the sale, and then remove the fetus and reimplant it, yet that would go against selling human tissue, a catch 22. Aside from the fact that selling humans is illegal, selling human tissue is illegal. An embryo/fetus is human tissue. My kidney does not have a heartbeat and I will survive without one of them, and yet, I cannot sell it. I can donate my kidney, or if one malfunctions I can have it removed, but I cannot sell it. The embryo/fetus is seen as human tissue, therefore it cannot be sold, the tissue can be extracted (aborted) but not sold. I feel like this has been explained and reexplained and it is still not getting through.

April 6th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Quote:
I understand what you are saying but at the same time you are not understanding what I am saying.[/b]
I completely understand what you are saying, I just happen to realize why it is still wrong.
Quote:
The woman would just be "supporting the medical needs" of the fetus until it can be removed and given to the owner.[/b]
The owner?
Quote:
She doesn't own the fetus or the baby after it's born so it's not selling a baby. It's selling the fetus.[/b]
Again, a fetus is HUMAN TISSUE, so it is illegal to sell.
Quote:
Of course I don't think it is ethical to sell a human fetus because it is a living human.[/b]
No, it is not. It is a developing human.
Quote:
BUT, why is it legal to abort a living human and not sell it??[/b]
It is not a living human, it is a(n) embryo/fetus, it is human tissue. You cannot sell a fetus for the same reason I cannot sell a kidney.
Quote:
It is not legal to sell a 3 year old NOR is it legal to kill it but when it comes to the unborn it is not the case.[/b]
Apples and oranges. A 3 year old IS a living human. It is an autonomous, sentient being.

Quote:
Why then is it legal to abort it?[/b]
I can also have my tonsils or a kidney removed. I can remove human tissue, but I cannot sell it.

April 6th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I can also have my tonsils or a kidney removed. I can remove human tissue, but I cannot sell it.[/b]
Sure, it's your human tissue, it's your dna whereas a fetus is not your tissue nor is it your dna.
[/b][/quote]

April 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>I can also have my tonsils or a kidney removed. I can remove human tissue, but I cannot sell it.[/b]
Sure, it's your human tissue, it's your dna whereas a fetus is not your tissue nor is it your dna.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Sorry, I had to collect myself after that completely.....I don't even know what to call that statement. Do you have any idea what you are talking about! Whose DNA are my children comprised of then? Last I checked it was mine and my husbands! The embryo/fetus is in the mother, therefore it is her tissue, that is the way the law sees it, obviously.

April 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StaceyC @ Apr 6 2007, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'>I can also have my tonsils or a kidney removed. I can remove human tissue, but I cannot sell it.[/b]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Sorry, I had to collect myself after that completely.....I don't even know what to call that statement. Do you have any idea what you are talking about! Whose DNA are my children comprised of then? Last I checked it was mine and my husbands! The embryo/fetus is in the mother, therefore it is her tissue, that is the way the law sees it, obviously.
[/b][/quote]

Of course it is made up of your dna and your husband's but it's not your freakin liver!! How many of your other organs grow into a child? I do know what I'm talking about and I know enough to put a question mark at the end of a question!
[/b][/quote]
As far as the law, as far as science, as far as I am concerned, an embryo or fetus is human tissue. Just like your kidney, just like your tonsils. You can have them removed or aborted, but you cannot sell them!

You said, it is NOT my DNA and NOT my tissue, so you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. You may know well enough to put a question mark at the end of a question, but you don't know squat about biology. I would rather make a typo than make the ridiculous statement that a persons child is not comprised of their DNA and tissue!

April 6th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Quote:
I never said that it isn't "comprised" of their DNA, I said it isn't their DNA. If you have an orange car you don't call it a red or yellow car even though orange is "comprised" of those two colors. Being a part of something isn't being the whole. Obviously you don't know anything about math![/b]
LOL. Nice backpeddling, but let's refresh....
Quote:
a fetus is not your tissue nor is it your dna.[/b]
There is your statement, in black and white. I enjoy that when I call you on it, you try to make it my mistake, cute.
Now, if you want to have a discussion like two adults and cease behaving like a petty child who isn't getting her way, then I will continue. If you cannot handle being corrected when you make a mistake, then you shouldn't participate in a debate. (Or at least you should make sure that your statements are accurate.)

April 6th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Telling me I'm acting like a child just because you don't agree with what I am saying isn't very adult like as well.[/b]
When you are reduced to insulting my typos, it seems a very childish way to indicate you no longer have faith in you argument. It is not relevant to the topic of the debate, it is just an immature attempt to deflect attention from the fact that your opinion is waning.

Quote:
Your DNA isn't the same as your child's DNA or else your child would be EXACTLY like you.[/b]
What you said was "it is NOT your DNA", when in fact, my children consist of my DNA.
Quote:
My DNA doesn't equal my son's DNA.[/b]
You son's DNA consists of yours.
Quote:
I see how you can look at my statement and see it's misworded. I should have said a fetus has it's own DNA and it's own tissue created in part by you but at the same time seperate from you. Is that better?[/b]
Yes.
It does not change my argument that, as long as the DNA and the tissue are within the mother, it is a part of her. The law is on my side, as well. For the same reason you cannot sell a kidney, you cannot sell an embryo or fetus.

Quote:
The fetal stage starts at the end of the eighth week of pregnancy.[/b]
I don't just make these things up.
Quote:
An animal in the later stage of development before birth. In humans, the fetal stage is the from the end of the third month until birth[/b]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pws...on&ct=title
Quote:
The unborn young of a viviparous vertebrate having a basic structural resemblance to the adult animal.
In humans, the unborn young from the end of the eighth week after conception to the moment of birth, as distinguished from the earlier embryo.[/b]
http://www.answers.com/topic/fetus
Quote:
The fetal stage is the from the end of the third month (after the 8th week) until birth.[/b]
http://dying.about.com/od/glossary/g/fetaldeath.htm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search