Another choice for pregnant women

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2007, 01:04 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
I swear I responded to this - I am losing my mind.
Anyway, didn't we clarify that it wasn't illegal to do research on embryos in certain states?[/b]
We did and it isn't. I'm sorry to go back and forth I just wish someone would tell me why a frozen embryo is more important and treated with more respect than a viable 12 week old fetus in the womb (in some states of course). I guess no one can....
[/b][/quote]

It is not illegal to do research on embryos so it is LEGAL to do research on embryos. It is LEGAL to do abortions. I don't understand how there is a discrepancy. Am I confused....??
April 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
eash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
If you look at this website again you will see that in some states it is illegal to do research on embryos.
[/b][/quote]

I am confused then as to your point.
April 11th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotemain'> http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/genetics/embfet.htm[/b]
If you look at this website again you will see that in some states it is illegal to do research on embryos.
[/b]
I am confused then as to your point.
[/b][/quote]

It's not illegal in those states to have an abortion. So, in those states where it is illegal to do research on embryos they are valuing the "life" of the embryo over the "life" of an unborn fetus. Does that make sense? I think one of the laws must change to reflect the other.
[/b][/quote]
I am sure it has more to do with the possibilities of embryo research. Cloning, etc, many people are strongly opposed to, so I think these laws respect a different set of beliefs regarding a different scenario.

April 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM
sonadora's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sonadora Send a message via MSN to sonadora Send a message via Yahoo to sonadora
I have an issue with idea of adoption anyway.....the birthmother receives next to nothing for carrying a child for nine months, yet the adoptive parents shell out tens of thousands of dollars to adopt the child?

Sounds like baby selling to me....just a one sided version.

This scenario sounds even worse.

April 18th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have an issue with idea of adoption anyway.....the birthmother receives next to nothing for carrying a child for nine months, yet the adoptive parents shell out tens of thousands of dollars to adopt the child?

Sounds like baby selling to me....just a one sided version.

This scenario sounds even worse.[/b]
Uhh... No. Often times, the birth mother DOES receive a lot of money as compensation for health care and living expenses while she carries the child. To receive above and beyond that is not allowed because then it WOULD smack of "baby selling".

As for how much adoption costs, i'm not really sure if it's too much... I know there's lots of fees and stuff, but i can't really say if the costs are going beyond that. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment...

But still, how is it worse? At least the child lives. At least the child has a good, loving home. At least the parents get a child to love. So... how is it WORSE?
April 18th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to sonadora Send a message via MSN to sonadora Send a message via Yahoo to sonadora
WHY should adoptive parents have to pay anything to have a child anyway?
It's like punishing them for not having kids the way that nature intended, which isn't fair, IMO.

Until adoptive parents are not forced to pay such fees (they are in the tens of thousands of dollar sometimes), I'll still consider adoption in its current form in this country akin to baby-selling.

What happens to the parents who can't afford such fees? Are they simply not able to adopt? Is that supposed to be okay?

::Fumes::

April 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Quote:
It's like punishing them for not having kids the way that nature intended, which isn't fair, IMO.

Until adoptive parents are not forced to pay such fees (they are in the tens of thousands of dollar sometimes), I'll still consider adoption in its current form in this country akin to baby-selling.

What happens to the parents who can't afford such fees? Are they simply not able to adopt? Is that supposed to be okay?

::Fumes::[/b]
No... To be quite blunt, it's life. Life isn't always fair, or easy... i know it sucks, but what can you do? Things cost money...
April 18th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:

No... To be quite blunt, it's life. Life isn't always fair, or easy... i know it sucks, but what can you do? Things cost money...
[/b]
I just don't agree. It's not right to me. JMO.

April 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
mrobinson
Quote:

Actually I completely agree with your stance on the current adoption loopholes.. Thanks for posting it!
April 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
I just don't agree. It's not right to me. JMO.
[/b]
Okay, what's the solution? We just start handing out kids for free? We eat the costs of all the checks, licenses, etc... necessary to make sure the kids are going to good homes?

Again, i don't know enough about the adoption process to say what's fair and what's not. So i'm honestly curious in asking these questions... If you can elaborate and show me exactly what's unfair, i might actually agree with you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search