baby born at 14 weeks survives

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2007, 07:25 AM
XxTequilaSunrisexX
http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/News/D...mp;pageId=3.1.1

This baby was born at just 14 weeks and survived, she is LIVING PROOF a baby is very much human at 14 weeks and can survive outside the mothers womb.

Now tell me after seeing this story can you honestly now sit here and say that at this point in pregnancy a baby has no feeling , is not alive and it's not murder.
April 29th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

This baby was born at just 14 weeks and survived, she is LIVING PROOF a baby is very much human at 14 weeks and can survive outside the mothers womb.

Now tell me after seeing this story can you honestly now sit here and say that at this point in pregnancy a baby has no feeling , is not alive and it's not murder.[/b]
I completely agree with you, I believe the baby is human at conception and at 14 weeks, it's very much a person. In that sense, I'm with you.
However, in all fairness, the baby was born at 29 weeks, not 14. At 14, the mother's water broke and she was out of amniotic fluid, but the baby remained inside her until she was "ready" to come out. It's still a miracle and proof of the strength a person can have even at that stage.

Sharon
April 29th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Did you pay any attention to the story that you posted? It doesn't seem so. The mother's water broke at 14 weeks, and after bed rest and lots of fluid the baby was not born until 29 weeks. The topic born at 14 weeks and the reality of born at 29 weeks is quite a leap.
This does not change my position on abortion.

April 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Did you pay any attention to the story that you posted? It doesn't seem so. The mother's water broke at 14 weeks, and after bed rest and lots of fluid the baby was not born until 29 weeks. The topic born at 14 weeks and the reality of born at 29 weeks is quite a leap.
This does not change my position on abortion.[/b]

April 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I guess you didn't really listen to the story. There is a big difference between being born at 14 weeks and being born at 29 weeks. Yes, it is miraculous that she survived without fluid for that long but still she was not born at 14 weeks.

Had her mother gone into labor and delivered her at 14 weeks I highly doubt she would have survived.

April 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Quote:
I guess you didn't really listen to the story. There is a big difference between being born at 14 weeks and being born at 29 weeks. Yes, it is miraculous that she survived without fluid for that long but still she was not born at 14 weeks.

Had her mother gone into labor and delivered her at 14 weeks I highly doubt she would have survived.[/b]

I apologize for being completely off topic here, but I love your dinosaur blinkie sbwolfer!
[/b]

Thanks! It is my favorite one!

April 29th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LMAO

I can't believe people didn't actually listen to it before posting it as a reason for abortion being bad.

Yes I can honestly say that a 14 week old has no feelings.
April 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
mrobinson
Quote:

This baby was born at just 14 weeks and survived, she is LIVING PROOF a baby is very much human at 14 weeks and can survive outside the mothers womb.[/b]
So I guess the baby wasn't outside the womb at 14 weeks like you implied. (Don't worry, Faux News does that.)

Quote:
Now tell me after seeing this story can you honestly now sit here and say that at this point in pregnancy a baby has no feeling , is not alive and it's not murder.[/b]
It's no murder because abortion's at 14 weeks happen because the pre-baby can't live outside it's mother.
It's not alive because the pre-baby can't live outside it's mother.
It's feelings are not developed.
April 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

This baby was born at just 14 weeks and survived, she is LIVING PROOF a baby is very much human at 14 weeks and can survive outside the mothers womb.[/b]
So I guess the baby wasn't outside the womb at 14 weeks like you implied. (Don't worry, Faux News does that.)

Quote:
It's no murder because abortion's at 14 weeks happen because the pre-baby can't live outside it's mother.
It's not alive because the pre-baby can't live outside it's mother.
It's feelings are not developed.
[/b]
You're seriously going to argue that a 14 week old fetus is not ALIVE??
May 1st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
LMAO

I can't believe people didn't actually listen to it before posting it as a reason for abortion being bad.

Yes I can honestly say that a 14 week old has no feelings.[/b]
Really? You can honestly say this, with full certainty?

I had an ultrasound done at 13 weeks and my little fetus was running away from, and kicking at, the doppler. How do you explain that if she had no feelings or awareness of what was going on?
May 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
LMAO

Yes I can honestly say that a 14 week old has no feelings.[/b]
Really? You can honestly say this, with full certainty?

I had an ultrasound done at 13 weeks and my little fetus was running away from, and kicking at, the doppler. How do you explain that if she had no feelings or awareness of what was going on?
[/b]
^ Ditto

I also was feeling her moving around at about 12-13 weeks [and saw it on the ultrasound machine]. She was very much a person at 14 weeks as she is now, just at 14 weeks pregnant she was unable to survive outside the womb, but that doesn't mean she didn't have feelings.

But I agree with PP, the child was born at 29 weeks, not 14.
May 2nd, 2007, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow , you really had me thinking she was born at 14 weeks but I read that story previously and she lived without amniotic fluid until 29 weeks, which in itself is definitely a miracle! Yes, a baby at 14 weeks is very much alive.. My mother lost a baby at that stage and I look at that baby as my lost brother or sister, because they are .Anyways, I have heard of a 19 weeker living so that is very young as well and it is wonderful. Yes, these babies that are born very premature and live should be proof to the prochoice group that an unborn baby is a life and can survive outside of the womb so it should be considered murder to abort.. but, what can you do other than present the facts to people and it is their choice to believe them or not.Even though you shouldn't have to argue about when a life is a life.
May 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally felt all of my kids moving inside me early. I believe that a 14 week ols baby is still a baby. They have a beating heart and developing parts. That is what it takes in my eye to make a baby "real"
May 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Yes, these babies that are born very premature and live should be proof to the prochoice group that an unborn baby is a life and can survive outside of the womb so it should be considered murder to abort.. but, what can you do other than present the facts to people and it is their choice to believe them or not.Even though you shouldn't have to argue about when a life is a life.[/b]
*If* it can survive outside the womb, it's a baby. I'm as pro-choice as they come and believe that.
May 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I totally felt all of my kids moving inside me early. I believe that a 14 week ols baby is still a baby. They have a beating heart and developing parts. That is what it takes in my eye to make a baby "real"[/b]
ITA.
I don't know everyone's definition of "life", but I' m a little disturbed when a person refers to an unborn child at ANY stage as "not alive". It's a group of cells, it's certainly not an inert combination of molecules like metal or plastic. Maybe at some early stage it isn't aware of itself (although I think at 14 weeks it is) but that doesn't mean it isn't alive. Thje cells are alive, they're fighting to survive, they're developing and growing. That's life.
I also think that whether or not it's "alive" it's irrelevant, at least for me. It's a human being in potential. How can we know what this person will be capable of doing? Who are we to destroy that potential or to decide that that life that is being created isn't worth living? What if Churchill's mom had decided his life wasn't worth it? Or Edison's? Or Mother Theresa's? How can you know that that "pre-baby " couldn't do something great and make this world a better place but you decided that his life wasn't worth living?
When you decide you want to end that life (or pre-life), the thing you're destroying isn't just a group of cells without concsience or feelings. It's the whole potential this future human being had that you just assumed it wasn't important to begin with.

Sharon
May 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
tevinsangel
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, these babies that are born very premature and live should be proof to the prochoice group that an unborn baby is a life and can survive outside of the womb so it should be considered murder to abort.. but, what can you do other than present the facts to people and it is their choice to believe them or not.Even though you shouldn't have to argue about when a life is a life.[/b]
*If* it can survive outside the womb, it's a baby. I'm as pro-choice as they come and believe that.
[/b]
My friend's first baby had a genetic disorder (in the womb), they knew when he was born, he would die. My friend delivered a few weeks early (around 35 weeks), Jacob died a few minutes later in her arms. Does this mean, since he could not survive once out of the womb even at the mostly mature gestational age of 35 weeks, that he was not ever "officially" alive and a baby? Did she deliver a "fetus" and did just a "fetus" die in her arms? I have a hard time with the whole "pre-baby" term, I mean no offense when I say that, Michelle, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search