should there be a limit...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
say a woman is going out getting pregnant and then having an abortion and continues that lifestyle. Should there be a limit to the number of times she can get abortions?

May 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Ms.Michelle
No. If she chooses that, there are conscequences.
May 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think there should be a limit, but I do hope the women figures out why she keeps putting herself in that position and works to change it. I'd hate to think of the physical and psychological effects repeated abortions would have on a woman.

May 6th, 2007, 11:51 PM
irishxrose
May 7th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think if someone is coming in for their second abortion they should be asked if they want a free IUD. Or a free Norplant. Something like that. It shouldn't be mandatory, but it should be offered.

May 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Roxyanne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't see how it could be limited.. what if they're at the limit and then raped? ??

May 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
no limit nature has a limit. I believe for most it's around 12.

May 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, there should be a limit when it becomes dangerous. I mean, even plastic surgeons have a limit on how many surgeries they perform on one person. if it's 12 as the PP said, then 12 it is. But I think each person is different.
And I do have to say that a woman who can easily go through 12 abortions without ever bothering to consider contraception (or sterilization, as someone suggested on another thread) as an alternative, is way of and yes, she deserves the consequences of being that... nevermind

Sharon
May 9th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
no limit nature has a limit. I believe for most it's around 12.[/b]
Just curious, is there also a "limit" as to how many children someone can safely have before they are risking their own health? If so, what is that limit?

May 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Just curious, is there also a "limit" as to how many children someone can safely have before they are risking their own health? If so, what is that limit?
[/b]
I think it also depends on the person, the kind of pregnancies she usually has and the kind of deliveries she had. My sil had 3 C-sections and the doctor told her no more. Same thing happened to a friend. But another friend has 7 siblings- all C-sections. I think each doctor evaluates each patient and gives his opinion based on that.

Sharon
May 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Pure Innocence
Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? I find this interesting, I've never heard it before.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I think it also depends on the person, the kind of pregnancies she usually has and the kind of deliveries she had. My sil had 3 C-sections and the doctor told her no more. Same thing happened to a friend. But another friend has 7 siblings- all C-sections. I think each doctor evaluates each patient and gives his opinion based on that.

Sharon
[/b]
I think that is sad one Dr. decides how many children a couple can have.
May 10th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the woman should be offered lots of advice, and sexual planning.

But I dont think the amount she can have, incase some thing does happen. But she should be offered some support or some thing.
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

May 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I'll be the odd one out.
I do think that there should be a limit. If you're that reckless, especially to have 12 abortions. It's not only hurting the unborns. It's hurting you. When will it ever end?

Abortion is not a form of birth control.
May 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Abortion is not a form of birth control. [/b]

Well said!! If a woman cannot have another abortion because she already had too many, then tough luck. She should've thought of that before using abortion as birth control instead of using actual birth control...

Sharon
May 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Mom2Addi's Avatar Member
No there shouldn't be a limit. I don't believe that most women use abortion as birth control anyway. Just like it is not in my place to tell a woman what she should or shouldn't do with her body, it isn't my place to put a limit on the number of abortions. I am not in her situation so it isn't my call.
May 15th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Someone give her birth control! Have some responsibility in life!!!!!!!

[b]Wife to Allen, the LOVE of my life since 2004</span>
May 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you elaborate on this? I find this interesting, I've never heard it before. sorry it took so long. I know because some one I know had 12 abortions and was told if she had another she'd be infertile. She's now having her third child. But here's the info. It's by a non biased sight it was hard to find a non biased site on this one.
from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_docsum
MAIN RESULTS--Eight cases and no controls reported a previous ectopic pregnancy, confirming that the occurrence of a pregnancy of this type dramatically increases the risk of secondary infertility. Furthermore, the occurrence of either induced abortions or spontaneous abortions independently and significantly increased the risk of subsequent development of secondary infertility. The logistic regression adjusted relative risks (and 95% confidence intervals) for secondary infertility were 2.1 (1.1-4.0) when there was one previous induced abortion and 2.3 (1.0-5.3) when there were two previous induced abortions. Tobacco smoking significantly increased the risk of secondary infertility, the adjusted relative risk being 3.0 (1.3-6.8). CONCLUSIONS--Legalized induced abortions, as currently practiced in Greece, appear to increase slightly the relative risk of secondary infertility.. It says the more you have the more likely you are for infertility.

May 19th, 2007, 06:34 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? I find this interesting, I've never heard it before. sorry it took so long. I know because some one I know had 12 abortions and was told if she had another she'd be infertile. She's now having her third child. But here's the info. It's by a non biased sight it was hard to find a non biased site on this one.
from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_docsum
MAIN RESULTS--Eight cases and no controls reported a previous ectopic pregnancy, confirming that the occurrence of a pregnancy of this type dramatically increases the risk of secondary infertility. Furthermore, the occurrence of either induced abortions or spontaneous abortions independently and significantly increased the risk of subsequent development of secondary infertility. The logistic regression adjusted relative risks (and 95% confidence intervals) for secondary infertility were 2.1 (1.1-4.0) when there was one previous induced abortion and 2.3 (1.0-5.3) when there were two previous induced abortions. Tobacco smoking significantly increased the risk of secondary infertility, the adjusted relative risk being 3.0 (1.3-6.8). CONCLUSIONS--Legalized induced abortions, as currently practiced in Greece, appear to increase slightly the relative risk of secondary infertility.. It says the more you have the more likely you are for infertility.[/b]
This article says nothing about 12 abortions being a limit.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 19th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This article says nothing about 12 abortions being a limit. no but it does say the more abortions you have the more likely you are for secondary infertility. I originally said around 12 because someone I know after her 12th abortion was told by the doctor that she could not have anymore abortions or she'd be infertile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search