Should women who've had an abortion...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2007, 07:45 AM
chloe82
I can't really think of a good reason why not, except I'll admit that the concept of having an abortion and then wanting to grieve over the baby's body, who died becuase of her choice, strikes me as more than a little bit odd. Seems like it would just make the mother feel horrible, but I guess if that's what she wants to do I don't see why someone else should tell her she can't.
May 11th, 2007, 10:01 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
I can't really think of a good reason why not, except I'll admit that the concept of having an abortion and then wanting to grieve over the baby's body, who died becuase of her choice, strikes me as more than a little bit odd. Seems like it would just make the mother feel horrible, but I guess if that's what she wants to do I don't see why someone else should tell her she can't.[/b]

while I can find no reason that we should deny that, I imagine it would be pretty rare for someone to want to do it.... but I'm sure there are some.....

May 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
Quote:
have rights to the fetus' remains? Should they be allowed to have the remains to bury if they wish? WDYT?[/b]
Yes. An aborted fetus is not necessarily an unwanted fetus, and the woman should be able to grieve that loss in any way she feels necessary. Telling a woman she can not have the remains is making abortion out to be a shameful choice, which it is not.
May 11th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't see why not

Sharon
May 11th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Caeden&#39;sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I can't really think of a good reason why not, except I'll admit that the concept of having an abortion and then wanting to grieve over the baby's body, who died becuase of her choice, strikes me as more than a little bit odd. Seems like it would just make the mother feel horrible, but I guess if that's what she wants to do I don't see why someone else should tell her she can't.[/b]

I see no reason why she shouldn't be allowed.

However, it WOULD make me wonder... Unless the abortion was a health thing, if your baby was real enough to mourn, why wasn't it real enough to live? Hmm... Kinda goes along with the whole post-abortion syndrome thing i guess... (sorry, i can't remember what it's called ).
May 12th, 2007, 07:41 PM
chlodoll
I know at places that perform late term abortions for health reasons allow you to have the fetus to bury or have a ceremony, or some even offer those services themselves.
May 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
An abortion for a health risk isn't really an abortion, in my opinion. There really is no choice. Abortion, however is a choice. An abortion to me, is having a normal, healthy pregnancy and choosing to not give birth.

I see no reason why someone who was faced with losing their life and the child's life wouldn't be allowed to keep the remains to bury and grieve for. I also see no reason why someone who willingly had an abortion would want the remains, unless they had remorse or regret over their decision at the time.

Either way, I think out of respect for the remains, they should have to bury them or cremate them. I don't think anything weird or abnormal should be allowed to occur with the remains.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search