Ok, DB got me thinking before...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, ladies.
My views on Abortion are simply this...I think that abortion should only be legal in certin cases.
Such as, a severe abnormality of the fetus,risk to mother's life and rape/incest.
I think anything other is wrong. Some women i know have treated abortion like BC and that
makes me sick. I think if you have sex without BC then you should live with the risk.
Im not saying that they should have to bring the child up and have that child feeling unwanted,
but what is to stop them putting them up for adoption? Plenty of women are crying out for babies
and they would be loved and very wanted etc.

Anyways, now that you know my basic views, my DB and myself had this discussion today
after i read that a baby survived at 21wks and that abortions here in the UK are allowed up to 24wks.
I was sad and made my opinion known but what DB said got me thinking again...
We are having IVF in Aug after ttc 3yrs and us both having fertility issues.
We are longing to be a Mum and Dad and im excited to be having this treatment, however...
When our embies are implanted inside me(2) and the others are frozen, obviously we will not be
using all those embies as at the most we would love 4 kids and at my age (26) apparantly
there is a big chance of lots of possible embies.
Well this got me thinking about the reality of what is going to happen...The unused embies
will have to be destroyed. A life is counted as the divide of a single cell and those would be well
divided by that point... I am struggling with this part of the process which will hopefully bring us
our longed for child. We want a biological child of our own and this is the route we have to take,
but i do feel sad when i really think about it.

Is this as bad as having a early abortion? are my lifelong beliefs going against me?
I would like some of your honest opinions. We are deffo going to be having the IVF
but i do feel very uneasy about this point of the whole thing.

Sarah
May 20th, 2007, 08:08 PM
mommyKathyX3
I'll be brutally honest with ya. Yes, I do feel that if you "disposed" of the unused embryos it would be an abortion. Honestly, its MUCH more expensive, but I would not get a lot of eggs and fertilize them to be on standby. I'd get a very limited amount cause none would get wasted, (unless your own body rejects them, and then thats your body (God) will, not yours.) The only problem would be that if you dont get what you need, to harvest more eggs would be super expensive and a PITB again. I am so torn of the whole IFV thing. I'm so sorry that someone has to go through such invasive measures to get pregant. It puts a whole bunch of the "rules" into a grey area. I think that its a tough situation to be in.

eta a lot of people think its not as bad because your embryo's will not have a heartbeat yet, and people, (like my dh for one) think that that is acceptable.
May 20th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Caeden'sMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The other thing, and i'm not real educated on this, so forgive me if i'm way off base here... But can't you also donate those embryos to another couple? Just thought i'd throw that out there in case it is an option. I don't know though...
May 23rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I think, but am not sure, that you can donate. I would definitely look into that... Some couples that undergo IVF do not get very good fertilization results so perhaps that is who would be the benefactor.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
We are deffo going to be having the IVF[/b]
Well I normally would 100% debate you to the death over your views BUT, since you are going to do this no matter what, I want to suggest hypnofertility to you. It helps people naturally but also increases their chances of a successful IVF.

Back to the "debate"
May 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Honey, don't feel upset over what you're doing. You can always keep them frozen and use them eventually or you could donate them to another couple in hopes of them becoming pregnant.
I see donating as equal to adoption. If you don't want to destroy them, don't.
May 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for feedback and for the tip ms.Michelle I will have to look into that.
I would have a huge issue with donating our embies, as any biological child we have,
i want to mother. I would not be able to cope with knowing i could have kids out there that il
never meet etc.
I applaud women who can do this,as it is is such a selfless gift, but i could not.

I still have issue with the embies etc, but i have been hearing of a lot of low stimulation cycles
were only 3-4 eggs are collected, which would be great, as we would love 3 -4 kids one day.
I guess il leave it to god now. It is such a hard situation to be in, when your beliefs are such as mine.

Thanks again ladies, and anymore input is very welcome

Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search