abortion...

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM
mummy0507
ok... so i can understand why a lot of women want abortions.. i do think its wrong.. but in some cases it can be a good thing... like for rape..
but i have always thought that a lady and a man should make sure the use protection to prevent pregnancy if they aren't going to take responibity for pregnancy.... i knew a girl that was 12.. she went through until over 4 1/2months.. and got a abortion.. i knew she was young but she was a sl*t at that age.. i think that was plain cruel... it cost her mother thousands... this was years ago.. but it made me sick...

what reason do you think abortions should be aloud...
and shouldnt...
June 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i, under no circumstances, think abortion is correct!!! no, never, ever!!!!!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

June 29th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
ok... so i can understand why a lot of women want abortions.. i do think its wrong.. but in some cases it can be a good thing... like for rape..[/b]
Why are you ok with abortion for rape yet believe abortion to be wrong?

Quote:
but i have always thought that a lady and a man should make sure the use protection to prevent pregnancy if they aren't going to take responibity for pregnancy....[/b]
I wonder a few things from this comment.

Firstly, you feel abortion is not responsible. Why do you feel that way? Are all people really equipped to have a child? There are tons of women who are addicted from things like smokes to hard drugs. Considering if giving up the child is the only option in your opinion, do you feel a handicapped child, handicapped by the actions of the pregnant mom, would you still think abortion is irresponsible?

Secondly, do you understand how many unwanted pregnancies are a result of failed a birth control method? In other words, condoms fail or the birth control pill does not work.

Quote:
i knew a girl that was 12.. she went through until over 4 1/2months.. and got a abortion.. i knew she was young but she was a sl*t at that age.. i think that was plain cruel... it cost her mother thousands... this was years ago.. but it made me sick...[/b]
Firstly, she is a sl*t at 12? No. A 12 year old girl, and I know first hand, looking for love at 12 is neglected from her parents. I wouldn't feel sorry for her mom because somewhere the parenting of this child went wrong. Bad parenting makes me sick so maybe we can agree there?

Quote:
and shouldnt.
..[/b]
Anytime an abortion should be allowed. No one should have the right to control a females body. She should. Any laws or restrictions are against her human rights.
June 29th, 2007, 06:19 AM
donomama
Quote:
ok... so i can understand why a lot of women want abortions.. i do think its wrong.. but in some cases it can be a good thing... like for rape..
but i have always thought that a lady and a man should make sure the use protection to prevent pregnancy if they aren't going to take responibity for pregnancy.... i knew a girl that was 12.. she went through until over 4 1/2months.. and got a abortion.. i knew she was young but she was a sl*t at that age.. i think that was plain cruel... it cost her mother thousands... this was years ago.. but it made me sick...

and shouldnt...
[/b]

I'm totally against abortion and think it is wrong in most situations. However, calling those that get abortions "sluts" is also wrong (especially a 12 year old!!!). I don't think it is for us to judge those that get abortions.
June 29th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
I'm totally against abortion and think it is wrong in most situations. However, calling those that get abortions "sluts" is also wrong (especially a 12 year old!!!). I don't think it is for us to judge those that get abortions.[/b]
Even though I'm prochoice, I completely applaud this post.

Women who have abortions judge themselves. If there is an afterlife, which most people believe, then shouldn't it be up to that judgement day?
June 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just as one may find it appauling that a woman would abort, I find it appauling that a woman would call her fellow sister a **** - especially one that is a mere age of 12.

I believe this idealology promotes abortion even moreso than my pro-choice stance. You see, many women seek abortions privately to avoid the shame of a pregnancy out of wedlock. Rather than simply accepting that human beings are sexual in nature, the vast majority of the Christian right hold people to expectations that were set years ago when it was a norm in society to wed at very young ages. In modern day, it is not unusual for men and women to hold marriage until late twenties, perhaps early thirties. Yet, our bodies have not evolved for this social change and those young sexual urges still exist. Couple that with the lack of education about sexual protection and you have a perfect combination for many unwanted pregnancies. Unfortunately, rather than have support systems in place that truly help the young, unwed mothers - there is shame, labels and judgment for committing an act that is perfectly normal.

Now, I don't say it is normal for a 12 year old to start having intercourse, as that is very young and more than likely is a cry for help for other misgivings in her life. However, it is perfectly normal for a 15, 16, 17 year old to have very strong sexual urges and carry through with having sex. Unfortunately, for girls, a pregnancy belly is a for sure way to get the "****" label and the fear of that can be quite overwhelming.

But, I digress.

To answer your question, I think it is of utmost importance that abortion be available to all women, under any circumstance, at any time.
June 29th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Dayna1
I am pro life so I don't think there is a reason for an abortion.

BUT...to have an abortion at 4 1/2 months is horrible. It's horrible anyway...but there needs to be a law where you can only have an abortion in the first...I don't know how many weeks or whatever, but there needs to be something done about that. Pretty soon you'll probably be able to give birth to the baby and then they'll kill it.
June 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:

BUT...to have an abortion at 4 1/2 months is horrible. It's horrible anyway...but there needs to be a law where you can only have an abortion in the first...I don't know how many weeks or whatever, but there needs to be something done about that. Pretty soon you'll probably be able to give birth to the baby and then they'll kill it.[/b]
I too couldn't stomach that when I read it I think there needs to be a cut-off like you except for "special" circumstances where mom will die or something so it has to be done later on.
June 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Dayna1
Quote:
Quote:

BUT...to have an abortion at 4 1/2 months is horrible. It's horrible anyway...but there needs to be a law where you can only have an abortion in the first...I don't know how many weeks or whatever, but there needs to be something done about that. Pretty soon you'll probably be able to give birth to the baby and then they'll kill it.[/b]
I too couldn't stomach that when I read it I think there needs to be a cut-off like you except for "special" circumstances where mom will die or something so it has to be done later on.
[/b]
When do you think the cut off should be? Any ideas? I'm thinking...first trimester? I know alot of women don't find out they're pregnant until later on and that would also cause problems. I don't know
June 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
*Aspen*
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
When do you think the cut off should be? Any ideas? I'm thinking...first trimester? I know alot of women don't find out they're pregnant until later on and that would also cause problems. I don't know
[/b]
I don't know, this is something I'm currently thinking on. I will tentativley say the first trimester, but I reserve my right to change my mind. LOL!
June 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Dayna1
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dayna1 @ Jun 29 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>I am pro life so I don't think there is a reason for an abortion.

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I don't know, this is something I'm currently thinking on. I will tentativley say the first trimester, but I reserve my right to change my mind. LOL!
[/b][/quote]

As do I LOL!
June 29th, 2007, 10:55 PM
mummy0507
i dont think she was sl*t for having a abortion at 12...

she was like that because she slept with everything and loved it all.. really she still does and shes 19.. thats her.. she has a beautiful mother that gets her whatever and gives her all the time in the world... i dunno but she.. just loved having a penis between her legs.

i think if a girl gets raped.. it would be a every hard thing to find out that your pregnant... and to have a baby to a man that teared your vagina and held you down and bashed you.. done all those nasty things..
thats only one of the reasons.. that i can see why a women would get it done..
i dont believe in abortion.. id never get one.. but im sure people have different circumstances...
i just think if you fall pregnant that baby is your responsibility to... in alot of cases.. i have seen girls go out get drunk and then are like wooops im pregnant. oh well ill just get a abortion.. who told them to have un protected sex? thats what i mean.. its your responsibility.. to cover yourself... theres plenty of different contraceptions theses days.. if your on some kinder of contraception... wear a condom.. you would have very little chance... i have seen alot of girls.. gets about 4 abortions themselfs... thats crazy.. you think after the first one you wouldnt want to go back.

anyway.. im not for it... but im sure people in there lifes feel as if they need one. and have their reasons..

i think there should be a cut off point for sure...
June 30th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:

she was like that because she slept with everything and loved it all.. really she still does and shes 19.. thats her.. she has a beautiful mother that gets her whatever and gives her all the time in the world... i dunno but she.. just loved having a penis between her legs.[/b]
You don't understand.. She is sleeping with males for the wrong reasons.. She is not a sl*t, she needs help.
July 3rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
~Faith~
Quote:
Quote:

she was like that because she slept with everything and loved it all.. really she still does and shes 19.. thats her.. she has a beautiful mother that gets her whatever and gives her all the time in the world... i dunno but she.. just loved having a penis between her legs.[/b]
You don't understand.. She is sleeping with males for the wrong reasons.. She is not a sl*t, she needs help.
[/b]
I totally agree! I mean, no offense to men but a penis between your legs isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be!!! Sex (for me) is really only enjoyable because I love my DH so much and after 7 years of marriage and a lot and I mean A LOT of coaching on my part, he knows how to make me "happy"....hee hee...that was way TMI..I know! But I'm just so excited about it! LOL
July 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
Quote:
Anytime an abortion should be allowed. No one should have the right to control a females body. She should. Any laws or restrictions are against her human rights.[/b]
I completely agree.
I also don't think it's anyone else's place to judge, or right to have to know the reasons behind someone's abortion.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

July 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Here you go... ready... for my opinion lol

If you dont want a baby (financially cant do it, just not ready, other reasons ppl give for abortions) then DO NOT have SEX!!
No birth control is 100%, easy as that!

Aborting for mothers health is someones own personal call... other than that ^^^

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
July 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Ms.Michelle
Well msbritt, in a perfect world we'd all wait until we are ready to have babies to have sex. That is not the reality so what are your solutions?
July 9th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Well the fact that people say the cant do it or dont want to do it (not have sex, or at least realize the probability of getting pregnant even whlie on birth control) is so strange. I mean its so simple yet people have a hard time with it..

Dont have sex if you dont want a baby!!

The world is not perfect, and it saddens me that people are willing to have abortions rather than holding off on sex. I didnt hold off on sex at all, BUT i knew i could get pregnant and if i were to get pregnant i would take resposibility for MY ACTIONS. I mean its just basics and so simple. I guess i just dont get it, laziness or lack of self-control are lame excuses, just excuses.

people who do now want to get pregnant dont have sex, or have a form of permanent birth control. Period!!

I have a solution why come up with another one because people cant do it!
ETA:
Congratulations on your upcoming birth Ms.Michelle!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
July 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
Well the fact that people say the cant do it or dont want to do it (not have sex, or at least realize the probability of getting pregnant even whlie on birth control) is so strange. I mean its so simple yet people have a hard time with it..

Dont have sex if you dont want a baby!!

The world is not perfect, and it saddens me that people are willing to have abortions rather than holding off on sex. I didnt hold off on sex at all, BUT i knew i could get pregnant and if i were to get pregnant i would take resposibility for MY ACTIONS. I mean its just basics and so simple. I guess i just dont get it, laziness or lack of self-control are lame excuses, just excuses.

people who do now want to get pregnant dont have sex, or have a form of permanent birth control. Period!!

I have a solution why come up with another one because people cant do it!
ETA:
Congratulations on your upcoming birth Ms.Michelle![/b]
I now see where you're coming from... In your world, it's simple.

Well, I can tell you for sure that not all people understand that the birth control method they used can result in a pregnancy. Asuming they did, like yourself, not everyone has the methods to have a child. I know you think it's about excuses but that really miminalizes the reality of what pregnant women are going through. If it really was that simple, we would not have nor need abortions. Do you really think all people are capable of raising kids based on the fact they can get pregnant?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search