The Impact of Legalized Abortion on Crime

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Ms.Michelle
Makes perfect sense.. The people, who typically know they can't afford and raise a child, eliminates the neglected child being brought into the world int he first place.
July 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
I remember discussing this before, and it is still just as interesting.
Quote:
Makes perfect sense.. The people, who typically know they can't afford and raise a child, eliminates the neglected child being brought into the world int he first place.[/b]

July 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Agree agree agree

July 24th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, but abortions don't have ANYTHING to do with crime rates and the mere suggestion makes me cackle out loud.

Of course...I don't believe in victimless crime either, but that's a debate for a different sub-forum.

August 11th, 2007, 04:35 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
Dr. Lenoski, Professor of Pediatrics at USC, showed that 91% of battered children were from planned pregnancies. Another study demonstrated more deviant behavior in wanted babies then in those who are unwanted. So any argument that an unwanted child becomes an abused child just doesn't stand up to any kind of test. On the contrary, there seems to be a correlation between abortion and child abuse. When abortion was legalized in the United States there were 167,000 child abuse cases per year (it was legalized in 1973). By 1979 there were 711,000; in 1982 there were 1,000,000! Britain experienced a tenfold increase in child abuse after liberalizing abortion laws.

You begin to educate the whole society that a child is a non-person, not worth living and shouldn't be any kind of intrusion into your world, and you begin to treat them that way. Professor of Psychiatry Philip Nay concluded, in a widely publicized study, that the acceptance of violence against the unborn lowered the parents resistance to violence against the born.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/ABORT.HTM

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
August 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
On the contrary, there seems to be a correlation between abortion and child abuse. When abortion was legalized in the United States there were 167,000 child abuse cases per year (it was legalized in 1973). By 1979 there were 711,000; in 1982 there were 1,000,000! Britain experienced a tenfold increase in child abuse after liberalizing abortion laws.

You begin to educate the whole society that a child is a non-person, not worth living and shouldn't be any kind of intrusion into your world, and you begin to treat them that way. Professor of Psychiatry Philip Nay concluded, in a widely publicized study, that the acceptance of violence against the unborn lowered the parents resistance to violence against the born.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/ABORT.HTM[/b]
This is interesting, but a CORRELATION is not the same thing as one causing the other. Acceptance of abortion as a society doesn't CAUSE child abuse. If both of these things happen at around the same time, maybe there are other factors causing them BOTH. Such as not enough support for parents.

August 14th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Did you read the whole study? Makes great points.....[/b]
It makes some good points, but overall it's very simplistic in my opinion. Crime has so many factors it's ridiculous to point one as THE factor that reduced crime and even with those good points, I don't buy it.
What irks me a bit is the fatalistic nature of this article. I was an unwanted pregnancy, I was given up for adoption. At least I had a chance of doing something with my life. You cannot know how a child's life will turn out simply because early conditions aren't "acceptable". It's unfair and it completely negates the human capacity of raising above our misfortunes.
Child abuse and violence can occur everywhere, wanted, unwanted, planned or unplanned. It can happen in all social classes, all educational levels and all ages. There are obviously tendencies in certain groups and conditions, but that's no excuse to say then that abortion is right on the grounds that the babies that'll have a difficult life would be better off dead.

Sharon
August 15th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Quote:
This is interesting, but a CORRELATION is not the same thing as one causing the other. Acceptance of abortion as a society doesn't CAUSE child abuse. If both of these things happen at around the same time, maybe there are other factors causing them BOTH. Such as not enough support for parents.[/b]
Both reports draw attenion to correlations and relationships, but come to different conclusions.

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
August 16th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
This is interesting, but a CORRELATION is not the same thing as one causing the other. Acceptance of abortion as a society doesn't CAUSE child abuse. If both of these things happen at around the same time, maybe there are other factors causing them BOTH. Such as not enough support for parents.[/b]
Both reports draw attenion to correlations and relationships, but come to different conclusions.
[/b]
Yes, which is why I don't agree with either report.

I don't think abortion either lowers crime OR that it increases child abuse. I think both of these things have other causes.

August 16th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Yes, which is why I don't agree with either report.
I don't think abortion either lowers crime OR that it increases child abuse. I think both of these things have other causes.[/b]
Bingo! Agree! Agree! Agree!

October 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM
My only comment is WHAT!!!

That is the most stupid report I have ever read. To correlate legalized abortion to less crime? How ridiculous!!! Who the heck wrote that? Probably an abortion doctor.

Sharon you make some good points.

Everyone chooses the path they will take. I wish people would stop blaming others for the way they behave. Everyone has the capacity to know right from wrong. No one wants the responsibility for anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search