Food for thought in the abortion debate....

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Discuss if you feel the need to....I'm not sure what I think about these statistics.

July 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Dayna1
I find it so sad to see the abortion numbers.
July 25th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine if all those babies had actually been BORN, where would they all have gone to? There are not THAT many people waiting to adopt.

July 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
chloe82
Quote:
I'm getting so tired of reading pro-life propaganda. Abortion doesn't kill "children" or "Americans"...it expels a fetus out of the womb. It makes me SICK to see that people are valuing a fetus as the same as a solider....dear lord.[/b]
Why does it make you sick that some people feel that way? I can understand if you just don't place the same value on the unborn as you do to everyone else personally, but why on earth would it make you sick that there are people out there who think a fetus is just as valuable a person as a soldier? I just don't get the disgust you attach to that set of morals...??
July 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
AlexBebe's Avatar Super Mommy
ITA with Coughburp.

I have not yet participated in any Abortion debates, but I am Pro-Choice. Fetuses cannot (IMO) be compared to American Soliders.

Alex

July 26th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Dayna1
I think the baby is just as important as an American solider...both human. But then again, I see these 'fetuses' as children.
July 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
chloe82
Quote:
Tell the families of fallen soldiers that.[/b]
Well, you could also say tell the families of those who have lost an unborn child that. I'm not diminishing the lives of soldiers, but I personally also wouldn't diminish the lives of the unborn. To many, the loss of their unborn child may have been just as profound in every way as the loss of any another person in their life....just as valid. To those who believe a fetus is as real a human as any other person, that sign makes sense. I didn't think it was comparing people who GET abortions to terrorists, but that it was comparing abortion providers to terrorists. And sorry, but to me it's not that big of a stretch at all to understand that POV. It's certainly not a bumper sticker I would put on my car, because I find it inflammatory, but can you not have any understanding how staggering those numbers are to people who believe in the humanity of the unborn?
July 26th, 2007, 01:50 PM
mommyKathyX3
Quote:
Tell the families of fallen soldiers that.[/b]
I would if I needed to. They are human too IMO, and I value thier life just as much.

Though to the OP, I think that people accomplish the opposite of what they intended by being so insensitive and extream. Its like the Planned Parenthood protestors. They arent going to do ANYTHING but invoke anger. No good will come from this kind of publicity.
July 27th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Discuss if you feel the need to....I'm not sure what I think about these statistics.[/b]
Although I'm pro-life and the number of abortions saddens me deeply, I feel it's a cheap and nasty tactic to compare it with terrorism. I do believe a fetus is as valuable as any life, but I think the comparison between the two is completely uncalled for. If abortion is as disgusting as they want us to think, then it can stand on its own and doesn't need to be compared to something else to create outrage. I'm a bit tired of certain issues being compared to others in an attempt to discredit them. Discredit abortion on its own merits, not by dragging along something different.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting so tired of reading pro-life propaganda. Abortion doesn't kill "children" or "Americans"...it expels a fetus out of the womb. It makes me SICK to see that people are valuing a fetus as the same as a solider....dear lord.[/b]
Why does it make you sick that some people feel that way? I can understand if you just don't place the same value on the unborn as you do to everyone else personally, but why on earth would it make you sick that there are people out there who think a fetus is just as valuable a person as a soldier? I just don't get the disgust you attach to that set of morals...??[/b]
Because the freakin "sign" compares people who have abortions to terrorists....that's sickening.[/b]
Although I agree with you in principle, I think your disgust is aimed at the wrong group of people. There is nothing wrong with valuing the life of a fetus as much as you value any other life, including a soldier. What's not right is using that to create propaganda like the one above, which disgusts even me, and I'm pro-life.However, I also think that a fetus is that valuable, but I don't think that belief is disgusting as long as you can keep things in perspective.I think your disgust should be aimed at the people who try to take advantage of our good feelings and intentions to promote their cause, not at the people who simply hold a different idea of what a valuable life is.Sharon
July 27th, 2007, 11:28 PM
kadydid
Quote:

Discuss if you feel the need to....I'm not sure what I think about these statistics.[/b]
I think all the people who are against illegal immigration would disagree with you...if you're not paying taxes on them, they are not Americans. Just a thought.

July 28th, 2007, 12:03 AM
AshesL78's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AshesL78
Quote:
I can't imagine if all those babies had actually been BORN, where would they all have gone to? There are not THAT many people waiting to adopt.[/b]
That's what I want to know. What do all the people against abortion suggest we do with all the unwanted babies that would be born if abortion were illegal?

Thank you rawisner!
Delaney 06/09/05, Xander 06/02/05, Alerric 08/06/03, Myranda 03/06/02, Zachary 07/02/96
<div align="center"></div>
July 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Dayna1
Quote:
Quote:
I can't imagine if all those babies had actually been BORN, where would they all have gone to? There are not THAT many people waiting to adopt.[/b]
That's what I want to know. What do all the people against abortion suggest we do with all the unwanted babies that would be born if abortion were illegal?
[/b]
I'm sure alot of these women would keep and raise the baby if abortion was illegal... Well I don't know about that, but I'm sure SOME of them would...right? Maybe not.

I'm sure there's not that many people waiting to adopt...that's an interesting question though. What WOULD happen to all of the unwanted babies? There would be an epidemic of unwanted children. Horrible thought.
July 28th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
Quote:
I'm sure alot of these women would keep and raise the baby if abortion was illegal... Well I don't know about that, but I'm sure SOME of them would...right? Maybe not.[/b]
But is that really what we want for these children? To grow up with mothers who don't really want them? I see neglect or even abuse in these cases as very real possibilities.

July 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Dayna1
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure alot of these women would keep and raise the baby if abortion was illegal... Well I don't know about that, but I'm sure SOME of them would...right? Maybe not.[/b]
But is that really what we want for these children? To grow up with mothers who don't really want them? I see neglect or even abuse in these cases as very real possibilities.
[/b]
No it's definetly not what we want for our children. We want them to grow up in loving homes, not with parents who don't want them.

I don't agree wtih abortion, but I really wouldn't have any idea on what to do with the unwanted children...I guess they would all be in foster homes or something? That's not a way to live either...I'm confused
July 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
AshesL78's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AshesL78
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
No it's definetly not what we want for our children. We want them to grow up in loving homes, not with parents who don't want them.

I don't agree wtih abortion, but I really wouldn't have any idea on what to do with the unwanted children...I guess they would all be in foster homes or something? That's not a way to live either...I'm confused
[/b]
There aren't enough foster homes as it is now. Can you imagine if all those babies were being born instead of aborted? Not to mention all the babies that would be born with medical problems. If the mom is a drug addict and didn't want the baby but couldn't have an abortion, etc. we would end up with more babies with medical problems as a consequence. There definitely aren't enough foster homes for medically fradgile children. I know of one foster home that is horrible and doesn't take care of their foster kids. The only reason they are still operating is because there aren't enough foster homes around here to take all the kids that need foster care. And just think of all the money the government would have to spend to take care of all these children. A lot of people have this great idea to make abortion illegal but they don't think of the consequences if it actually became a reality.

Thank you rawisner!
Delaney 06/09/05, Xander 06/02/05, Alerric 08/06/03, Myranda 03/06/02, Zachary 07/02/96
<div align="center"></div>
July 28th, 2007, 07:15 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
Quote:
Heh. That's a silly set of propaganda. They aren't Americans until they are, well, you know, BORN in America.

So, what is one supposed to believe? That doctors who provide abortion services are randomly going around killing citizens?

I defy someone to pull THOSE stats.[/b]
someone who is born in another country but have american citizen parents are still americans, right?? i *think* i've read that before! and if thats true, then they are americans!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search