Make abortion illegal

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Would you agree with abortion being made illegal if the moms were given more resources such as
-a guaranteed place to stay (their own room) if they need one
-food
-medical care/prescriptions
-counseling if they are from an abusive home or have an abusive spouse, and help to get away from that
-job training while they are pregnant so they can get a job that will allow them to support themselves (or if they are in school, help continuing school)
-maternity clothes

Would you support a tax increase to fund this?

July 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Dayna1
YES YES YES! I would definetly support a tax increase to fund this, it all sounds wonderful in theory. Unfortunately I don't ever see it happening though
July 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
I would support a tax increase to provide these things. I do NOT however think abortion should be made illegal. You then are still requiring a woman to put her body through hell for something she ultimately doesn't want. That's a lot to ask of someone.

July 28th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think all those options should be avalible and abortion. I hate when I hear about a person that wanted to have a child but got an abortion becase of XYZ. As well as the couples that keep a child they didn't want for XYZ.

August 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I think all those options should be avalible and abortion. I hate when I hear about a person that wanted to have a child but got an abortion becase of XYZ. As well as the couples that keep a child they didn't want for XYZ.[/b]

ITA !!!!
September 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I would agree for these things if it was made illegal, but not if it wasn't.
September 20th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to ziggy1989 Send a message via Yahoo to ziggy1989
see, i wasnt going to reply on this topic, but then when i got to thinking about it, i just wanted to put MY OWN opinion in. we all have different ones so i decided to give it a go. i agree that a woman should get all of these things if she were to be doing this on her own. as others have said, it will probably never happen, it would be nice but i cant see it. if the government did actually use our taxes for something to do for us, that would be amazing. but we only pay so that they can get bigger houses, better cars, and more money. my point, the government isnt about to put the money that could be going into their pockets into something that would do us good. ok, that part out of the way, i cant say i think abortion should be illegal, BUT! i think if you want one, you need to give a good reason as to why you want to kill an innocent baby. harsh words iknow im sorry. say, a girl is raped, obviously shes got a pretty good reason to not want the child. but there are other options, i know even woman who were raped go through the guilt of post abortion. so they could also think about carrying to term, and maybe adoption, because there are plenty of couples out there who would LOVE to have a baby but they cant. see, my problem with abortion is there are SOOO many girls out there, teenage girls that give the rest of us a bad name, who like to lie on their backs with their legs WIDE open, get pregnant 6 or 7 times in their lives and just, kill it. THATS not a very good excuse to have an abortion. if a woman simply CANNOT! do it, like she, lives on the wrong side of the tracks if you know what i mean, than yes maybe a good reason, but getting pregnant and simply not caring, not a good reason. i better stop now though, i dont want anyone getting angry with me.

thank you mandy for my BEAUTIFUL siggy
September 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
but getting pregnant and simply not caring, not a good reason.[/b]
I have a girl in my playroom looking after a four day old girl that isn't her baby. The mother didn't want the baby but had it because her b/f (not the father) wanted to give the infant his last name. The mom left the newborn with our JM member to go a car show. Now, I don't know about you, but I cried for that baby girl because of the lack of love and life she will get from the mom who had that baby. Abortion will always be a responsible choice.

Quote:
Would you agree with abortion being made illegal if the moms were given more resources such as
-a guaranteed place to stay (their own room) if they need one
-food
-medical care/prescriptions
-counseling if they are from an abusive home or have an abusive spouse, and help to get away from that
-job training while they are pregnant so they can get a job that will allow them to support themselves (or if they are in school, help continuing school)
-maternity clothes

Would you support a tax increase to fund this?[/b]
I would never agree with making abortion illegal but I would pay higher taxes for these options. I would like more education of these options but we have to start talking about it and not ignoring it for that to happen.
September 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Veteran
lol well in all fairness, i wrote down what i did because i was asked for MY opinion. i wasnt told that my opinion, which is my own and no one elses, would get blasted for being just that, MY opinion. i think if someone doesnt want to hear what others have to say, why bother asking? thats something for me, thats what i have to say, i never said you had to like it, or agree with it.

September 27th, 2007, 06:44 AM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
lol well in all fairness, i wrote down what i did because i was asked for MY opinion. i wasnt told that my opinion, which is my own and no one elses, would get blasted for being just that, MY opinion. i think if someone doesnt want to hear what others have to say, why bother asking? thats something for me, thats what i have to say, i never said you had to like it, or agree with it.[/b]
Your response was still chock full of misguided, uneducated statements. I don't think it's about whether others "agree" or not.

September 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
lol well in all fairness, i wrote down what i did because i was asked for MY opinion. i wasnt told that my opinion, which is my own and no one elses, would get blasted for being just that, MY opinion. i think if someone doesnt want to hear what others have to say, why bother asking? thats something for me, thats what i have to say, i never said you had to like it, or agree with it.[/b]
It's a debate board. If you don't want your opinion debated, don't post it.
October 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
I would never agree to have abortion made illegal. And I think our government is severely doing a disservice by not already offering more services already. I agree with a previous poster. Abortion is a responsible choice. You don't just get to walk into a clinic and say "gee abortion sounds great, get me one of those", there is a process and the process includes brief counselling. It's not a 'first come, first serve' service. I will always advocate for the women's right to choose, always.
October 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran
ok well hows this for opinion? i dont care if i am 'Educated' on the matter. as far as im concerened thats how I feel. but you know, i could have made it MUCH more rude and "opinionated" because what was REALLY on my mind is i think girls who make the"responsible choice" of walking into an abortion clinic just because they want to, are retarded. maybe THEY should get educated, because obviously they dont know what they are putting the fetus through for those who decide further along that...oh gee....ive suddenly changed my mind, i dont want this baby. lets get on up there on that table and have a doctor shove a knife up there and cut it up. because THATS how they do it. an old "friend" of mine had an abortion, and the doctor slipped and scarred her uterus making it impossible for her to have another baby EVER again. and no, she didnt have to go through any kind of process or counselling. i think it is the most degrating, low life, SKEEZY thing you can EVER do to something that innocent, dont want a baby? CLOSE YOUR LEGS! this obviously doesnt apply to the woman who are raped. i would definately agree to making abortion illegal, theres always another option besides MURDER! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i will not be replying to this board as some people, yes including myself, are a little bit too touchy. goodbye

October 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
i dont care if i am 'Educated' on the matter.[/b]
This statement makes me sad.

October 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Ms.Michelle
Quote:
ok well hows this for opinion? i dont care if i am 'Educated' on the matter. as far as im concerened thats how I feel. but you know, i could have made it MUCH more rude and "opinionated" because what was REALLY on my mind is i think girls who make the"responsible choice" of walking into an abortion clinic just because they want to, are retarded. maybe THEY should get educated, because obviously they dont know what they are putting the fetus through for those who decide further along that...oh gee....ive suddenly changed my mind, i dont want this baby. lets get on up there on that table and have a doctor shove a knife up there and cut it up. because THATS how they do it. an old "friend" of mine had an abortion, and the doctor slipped and scarred her uterus making it impossible for her to have another baby EVER again. and no, she didnt have to go through any kind of process or counselling. i think it is the most degrating, low life, SKEEZY thing you can EVER do to something that innocent, dont want a baby? CLOSE YOUR LEGS! this obviously doesnt apply to the woman who are raped. i would definately agree to making abortion illegal, theres always another option besides MURDER! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i will not be replying to this board as some people, yes including myself, are a little bit too touchy. goodbye[/b]
It's a shame you don't want to discuss this anymore as you have an opinion that I wish we could discuss with you. You're 18 years young, had a daughter 3 years ago and are ttc now but have AF. I understand why you feel so passionate about the subject. I would love to ask you if you feel that your friend, who will likely never have a child, somehow deserved that fate? You might not know this but many women who have abortions for medical reasons have the same issue ~ a doctor sliced them open, damaging their sex organs so they cannot have children as well. But since you feel they are murderers, I guess it's ok right?

Just because that wasn't your choice, doesn't give you the right to call other women who had abortions murderers. To them there are darn good reasons why they chose an abortion. But since you won't be discussing this anymore, I guess there is no point debating it with you...
October 3rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Cereal Killer's Avatar I'm climbin' in yo window
Quote:
ok well hows this for opinion? i dont care if i am 'Educated' on the matter.[/b]
How can you form an opinion, even going so far as expecting people to value it, when you admit you are not educated on the subject and claim to have no interest in gaining factual information or perspective? If you are going to make a decision on a subject at least let it be an informed decision instead of being based on ignorance.
Quote:
as far as im concerened thats how I feel. but you know, i could have made it MUCH more rude and "opinionated" because what was REALLY on my mind is i think girls who make the"responsible choice" of walking into an abortion clinic just because they want to, are retarded.[/b]
WOW! Retarded! Is it "so gay", too? That is your opinion? You want that accepted as a valid argument? Abortion is retarded?
Quote:
maybe THEY should get educated, because obviously they dont know what they are putting the fetus through[/b]
Are you serious? Abortion or a lifetime of hell in foster care being beaten, abused, neglected, molested, assaulted or possibly killed? Abortion or being born addicted to crack or alcohol? Abortion or being born to a parent with mental illness? Abortion or being born to a 12 year old girl who was raped by her father? Abortion or being born to parents who are not financially capable of properly caring for a child?
You seem to believe that if we can "save the fetus" life will be skittles and sunshine from that point on. The issues a woman contemplating abortion is sorting through during pregnancy are rarely resolved by giving birth.
Quote:
for those who decide further along that...oh gee....ive suddenly changed my mind, i dont want this baby. lets get on up there on that table and have a doctor shove a knife up there and cut it up.[/b]
This kind of statement is the result of complete ignorance. Late term abortions account for less than 1% of abortions in the US, over 90% are performed in the first trimester. Women that, typically, seek a late term abortion do so because of risks to maternal health or severe, sometimes even fatal, fetal defects.
Quote:
because THATS how they do it.[/b]
No, it's really not. Do a little research, please, before you spout such nonsense. They do not stick a knife in a woman's vagina and uterus and cut up the fetus, that is.....just please, go do some research.
Quote:
an old "friend" of mine had an abortion, and the doctor slipped and scarred her uterus making it impossible for her to have another baby EVER again.[/b]
Infertility resulting from an abortion is not the result of a "slip" of hand. If a doctor was over enthusiastic with the cutterage and damages the uterine lining, future fertility can be affected, but such instances are very rare and abortions are considered safe, typically.
Also, I am guessing that your friend has not been formally diagnosed with infertility but is just going on a doctor's or her own assumption. Diagnosing infertility is an extensive process and involves many tests. In your friend's case she would need, at least an endometrial biopsy and/or laparoscopic exam to come to the conclusion of complete infertility and I think it is fair to assume that a teenager has not undergone such testing, most likely she wouldn't even qualify until she had tried to conceive and failed for several years.
Quote:
and no, she didnt have to go through any kind of process or counselling.[/b]
Well, hopefully she had some true friends to lend her support and compassion.
Quote:
i think it is the most degrating, low life, SKEEZY thing you can EVER do to something that innocent,?[/b]
It's just a clump of cells. Do you kill those innocent clusters of cells on your kitchen counters.
Quote:
dont want a baby CLOSE YOUR LEGS![/b]
Why don't you tell the men to keep it in their pants. I swear, this is the most ridiculous and vulgar argument posed for the pro-life camp. Close your legs!! Puh-leeze!!. The fact that you had the resources and support to make that decision does not make you any better.
Quote:
this obviously doesnt apply to the woman who are raped.[/b]
How very noble and understanding of you!
Quote:
i would definately agree to making abortion illegal, theres always another option besides MURDER![/b]
It's not murder, hun, it's abortion. A fetus is not a person.
Quote:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i will not be replying to this board as some people, yes including myself, are a little bit too touchy. goodbye[/b]
The hit and run responses are always a true sign of someone with a firm grasp of their position and the issue they are discussing. [/sarcasm]

October 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Holy crap. That's all I have to say. Holy friggin' crap. WOW!!
StaceyC, you beat me too it. ditto to what you just posted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search