When is it ok

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: When is it ok to have an abortion?
When you don't want the child 9 9.28%
When the child was an accident 2 2.06%
When you were a victim of rape 3 3.09%
When you found out you were having a boy and you want a girl 0 0%
When your life or the baby's life is at risk 23 23.71%
It's never ok 43 44.33%
Other 17 17.53%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2005, 08:46 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just curious to see what everyone thinks is ok to do. I know some people are pro-choice, so I wanted to see when they feel that ending the baby's life is ok.

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

August 31st, 2005, 10:56 AM
MamaBx3
I don't agree with abortion.
August 31st, 2005, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
When you found out you were having a boy and you want a girl[/b]
would not be possible, since most places will not perform an abortion if you aer over 12-14 weeks pregnant. life or death choice, usually come much later also

i could not vote here, it is a VERY personal desision that has to do with what a person believes, there is no one reason. i would know, i have had an abortion.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 31st, 2005, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I picked other because I feel when ever you make the desition. Everyone has diffrent resions and it would be unfair the potentail mother to say when you don't want a child. There are people that want children but have abortions for other resions.

August 31st, 2005, 07:07 PM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by little duckie@Aug 31 2005, 03:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
When you found out you were having a boy and you want a girl
would not be possible, since most places will not perform an abortion if you aer over 12-14 weeks pregnant. life or death choice, usually come much later also

i could not vote here, it is a VERY personal desision that has to do with what a person believes, there is no one reason. i would know, i have had an abortion.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

I just wanted to say that where I live, there are places that can legally perform an abortion at 20 weeks...so you could know the sex.

I said never because I don't think anyone has the right to kill their baby, regardless of the reason.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
September 1st, 2005, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally posted by LouLouMom+Aug 31 2005, 10:07 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-little duckie
Quote:
@Aug 31 2005, 03:45 PM
<div class='quotemain'> When you found out you were having a boy and you want a girl

[/b][/quote]

I just wanted to say that where I live, there are places that can legally perform an abortion at 20 weeks...so you could know the sex.

I said never because I don't think anyone has the right to kill their baby, regardless of the reason.
[/b][/quote]

OMG?! at 20 weeks? i have never heard of somewhere waitingthat long (legally that is)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
September 1st, 2005, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never agree with abortion. The only instance I can semi understand is rape [still think other options should be considiered ie adoption].
September 1st, 2005, 10:45 PM
mrobinson
When is it ok to have an abortion? I voted other. It's ok whenever any woman decides to have one, regardless of reason.
September 2nd, 2005, 04:57 AM
Veteran
Well I had multiple answers. I based my answers on the fact that all women have different situations. Who am I to say that their reasoning is wrong? The only reason I disagree with on the poll is having an abortion because you didn't conceive the gender child you wanted. That would be insane IMO! I also don't agree with abortion being used as a means of birth control. I am definitely pro-choice as far as abortion goes for other people though. It's gonna happen with some people and I'm glad they have a "legal" way to get it done so they aren't going to some dark alley having a stranger perform the abortion. That's a scary thought.
September 2nd, 2005, 08:23 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that the only time it is ok to have an abortion is when the life of the mother is in danger. Killing a fetus is no different than killing a toddler. Thou shalt not kill... no acceptions! BUT if the mother's life is at stake and there is no way around both lives being lost, than I think it is ok to have an abortion. I read an interesting article that said less than 3% of abortions are performed due to the mother's health or an incidence concerning rape victims. 97% of the time it is for other reasons. I don't see how in a society that mourns the death of a loved one and everybody fears death, that somehow abortion is ok. You're killing your helpless child! No matter what the reason that just is wrong.

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

September 2nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by oicyur@Sep 2 2005, 11:23 AM
I think that the only time it is ok to have an abortion is when the life of the mother is in danger.* Killing a fetus is no different than killing a toddler.* Thou shalt not kill... no acceptions!* BUT if the mother's life is at stake and there is no way around both lives being lost, than I think it is ok to have an abortion.* I read an interesting article that said less than 3% of abortions are performed due to the mother's health or an incidence concerning rape victims.* 97% of the time it is for other reasons.* I don't see how in a society that mourns the death of a loved one and everybody fears death, that somehow abortion is ok.* You're killing your helpless child!* No matter what the reason that just is wrong.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

ITA Betsy

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>
September 2nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in Florida they do them up to 22 weeks I know because I got pressured by a friend to take her to get it done and she had felt the baby move and she was 18 weeks and 3 days I cried the whole time I was there because I do not agree with them for any reason and I feel that it was murder I sat outside the clinic and cried the whole time and the nurse kept checking on me becasue she said she understood how I felt
Amanda
September 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to not agree with abortion 'unless the girl was raped.' But thats not fair for me to say. My mind changed after I had an abortion-and that was a very complicated situation. I think any woman has the right to do what she feels is best for herself and/or the baby. And, IMO, I dont think its fair for anyone to say 'only if she was raped' or 'only if there are health risks.' I know what I used to think of abortion, but now I think you can be for it or against it, no exceptions. I dont think its reason to abort because you were hoping for a girl and got a boy or vice versa, but if a woman decides to do it, its her choice, and her right. But, I am pro-choice anyway.

And, the place I had my abortion does abortions in the second trimester-not sure about third...they give you a pill and it basically makes you miscarry.

September 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
Quote:
Originally posted by oicyur@Aug 31 2005, 10:46 AM
Just curious to see what everyone thinks is ok to do.* I know some people are pro-choice, so I wanted to see when they feel that ending the baby's life is ok.
[/quote]
I wish women would not have abortions. I think in most cases there is a better alternative. But I feel reluctant to judge them. However, I have great sympathy for women that are forced to have them in order to save their lives. My sister was hospitalized when she was close to her 3rd trimester. She would have died, but her husband gave the doctors permission to take their baby in order to save her. Everyone felt horrible about it, but I am glad to have my sister alive today. I aborted my child at 20 weeks - after I found out she had no kidneys, bladder and would not survive. She would only continue in pain until the moment I delivered her then she would die. I chose to end her suffering.

Brie

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
September 7th, 2005, 07:50 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brie, I think that was a very brave decision and that was probably the best thing you couldve done for your daughter honestly. Sorry you had to go through that.

September 7th, 2005, 08:45 PM
tattooedmommyof2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tattooedmommyof2 Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedmommyof2
I was almost aborted my mom signed the papers but my dad did not. They said that because of the whole rh factor thing that when my mom went to deliver it would kill her and me or just her and I would survive. After my dad not signing it my mom had resentment toward me until I was 18 it was at my high school graduation that she made it up to me. I don't think abortion is right, I'm sorry for those who think I am wrong. I just know what it is like to be one that was wanted to be aborted. It hurts! If it weren't for my dad I would be gone.

My first goal.
October 18th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Kelly4's Avatar Veteran
It's never ok.

Due with #6, Philomena Anne, in March 2009

October 19th, 2005, 10:44 AM
MamaBx3
Quote:
Originally posted by little duckie+Sep 1 2005, 05:09 AM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by LouLouMom@Aug 31 2005, 10:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-little duckie
Quote:
Quote:
@Aug 31 2005, 03:45 PM
<div class='quotemain'> When you found out you were having a boy and you want a girl

[/quote]

[/b][/quote]

In Ontario I believe there are clinics that do late-term abortions.

OMG?! at 20 weeks? i have never heard of somewhere waitingthat long (legally that is)
[/b][/quote]

In Ontario there are clinics that do late-term abortions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search