Partial Birth Abortions

Abortion Debate

This forum is for Abortion debate only. If you are highly sensitive about this topic, read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Abortion Debate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am pro-choice, until any time, for any number of times.

I believe a woman has the right to abort whenever, and however often, she wants. I don't believe the fetus is a child or has the rights of a child until they are born.[/b]

You aare entitled to your opinion but I just cant see how someone who has obviously carried two children can think of the baby growing inside of you as just a fetus and not a human being. Why is it not a human being? The baby is growing inside of you, kicking you, sucking its thumb! Isnt that what a baby does after its born. Just cuz the baby is inside of a womb IMO doesnt mean that its not a "human"

I forgot to add my views on this. I dont believe this way is right unless the baby is severely deformed or will be in so much pain that it will eventually die. But I also dont believe they should be killed this way. Someone said that what is the difference between keeping the head inside the body. Either way it murder to me. Why do you have to kill it that way. I agree with TaraJo that you should have the baby and love it til it passes away. Give him/her painmeds to subside the pain. I also watched a clip on Youtube that Obama is for this and it showed how they gave birth to the babies and left them to die alone in a cold room on a cold table with nothing covering it up and just letting it cry. That is such cruelity.

October 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Proud to be a b*tch!
Send a message via MSN to Mountaincutie
Why does the media insist on using the pro-life term “Partial Birth” when referring to late term abortions? The procedure is called a dilation and extraction and no birth is involved IMO.

Using emotionally charged words like Partial Birth plays right into the hands of pro-lifers. Personally I do find this a sad alternative, but it is one that could be necessary in the event of a rare problem or to save a mother’s life. As a method of birth control, late term abortions ARE very wrong, but I still believe it should be legal, safe and and hopefully rare.

No I personally would never elect to have this procedure performed unless there was a really and I mean really extenuating circumstance - but that's MY baby MY body. I'm staying out of someone else's. Just me.

October 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
that is just sick!
November 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM
jenn2350's Avatar Veteran
I really didn't want to post in here, but I want to bring up a recent story here.

A woman was shot, while sleeping in her home, from a stray bullet that was shot from a nearby overpass. She was 30 weeks pregnant. The baby died but she lived. They found the man who shot the gun and have charged him with murder. They said this would be the case for any unborn child over the age of 25 weeks. This is because most babies born over 25 weeks have an 50-80% chance of survival with only limited medical care.

My neighbor's daughter was born at 21 weeks and was just over 1lb and she is now a healthy 9 year old.

How do you justify who's baby is worthy of living? Just because this woman actually wanted her baby it was considered a human, but one the same age that isn't wanted is considered a fetus and worthless??

I think this is more than just a woman's rights issue. How can someone be jailed for catching a dog on fire, but someone who performs an abortion and kills a healthy baby HUMAN that is capable of living outside the womb is not.

There should not be a double standard. If in the U.S. you can be prosecuted for shooting, stabbing, strangling, etc, a woman who is pregnant and that baby dies then the same should be true for a doctor doing it in an operating room.

November 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I really didn't want to post in here, but I want to bring up a recent story here.

A woman was shot, while sleeping in her home, from a stray bullet that was shot from a nearby overpass. She was 30 weeks pregnant. The baby died but she lived. They found the man who shot the gun and have charged him with murder. They said this would be the case for any unborn child over the age of 25 weeks. This is because most babies born over 25 weeks have an 50-80% chance of survival with only limited medical care.

My neighbor's daughter was born at 21 weeks and was just over 1lb and she is now a healthy 9 year old.

How do you justify who's baby is worthy of living? Just because this woman actually wanted her baby it was considered a human, but one the same age that isn't wanted is considered a fetus and worthless??

I think this is more than just a woman's rights issue. How can someone be jailed for catching a dog on fire, but someone who performs an abortion and kills a healthy baby HUMAN that is capable of living outside the womb is not.

There should not be a double standard. If in the U.S. you can be prosecuted for shooting, stabbing, strangling, etc, a woman who is pregnant and that baby dies then the same should be true for a doctor doing it in an operating room.[/b]
Not to get side-tracked but you may want to recheck your facts on your neighbor's child. The youngest baby on record to survive as a premie was 21 weeks 6 days & that was recent in Miama. There is a link to the article here. In the US a baby is not considered viable until 23 weeks & the ONLY reason this little girl survived is because her mother lied to Dr's about how far along she was hoping they would try to save her baby - and apparently it worked for her. If babies in the US today aren't considered viable until 23 weeks - then your neighbors child had to be later than that.

I already posted my feelings on this topic - but I do think everyone gets a bit tunnel-visioned and thinks this issue revolves around women aborting healthy babies that just simply need the opportunity to be born...and I really do not believe for one moment that is at the heart of the matter. I truly believe the only reason these procedures exist are in horrid, dire circumstances & I have seen enough grieving mothers in my time over babies they lost for a myriad of reasons to know that my judgment is NOT something I would ever add onto that pile of grief they already carry.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

November 9th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

I believe a woman has the right to abort whenever, and however often, she wants. I don't believe the fetus is a child or has the rights of a child until they are born.[/b]

You aare entitled to your opinion but I just cant see how someone who has obviously carried two children can think of the baby growing inside of you as just a fetus and not a human being. Why is it not a human being? The baby is growing inside of you, kicking you, sucking its thumb! Isnt that what a baby does after its born. Just cuz the baby is inside of a womb IMO doesnt mean that its not a "human"

[/b]
I haven't carried two pregnancies to term?

I've been pregnant twice (that I know of). I terminated one and carried the other and gave birth to my daughter.

Having Jayden didn't change my personal views. My own spiritual (I believe you could call it religious) belief is that you do not become a being until you take your first breath. That is when your soul enters your body and when you gain the rights of a human being. A muscle reflex doesn't make you a human being. Your soul does.

November 10th, 2008, 06:21 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
abortion shouldnt be done after the 12th week unless medically nessacry(sp?) IMO

Quote:

I believe a woman has the right to abort whenever, and however often, she wants. I don't believe the fetus is a child or has the rights of a child until they are born.

I personally would not abort past the first trimester... but I have known women how honestly DID NOT know they were pregnant until they were 6 months gone. They kept the pregnancies, but I do not believe they should have to be forced to keep it if they hadn't wanted to, just because they didn't realize they were pregnant before the cutoff for aborting.[/b]
how can you be serious. That is a baby a real baby giving the chance at 6 months they would survive.. thats murder how can anyone kill a baby Abortion should not be done after the first tri..

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

November 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

I've been pregnant twice (that I know of). I terminated one and carried the other and gave birth to my daughter.

Having Jayden didn't change my personal views. My own spiritual (I believe you could call it religious) belief is that you do not become a being until you take your first breath. That is when your soul enters your body and when you gain the rights of a human being. A muscle reflex doesn't make you a human being. Your soul does.
[/b]
Well, sweetie, you cannot kill someone if your spiritual beliefs permit you to..

If the child has a chance of survival outside of the womb, then you should by NO MEANS be allowed to terminate.

I feel sick when people talk about abortions past 8 weeks. But I am pro choice, I believe that its your body, your right. But if you cannot sense a pregnancy in your body before its "too late" then I believe you should research other options, like parenting or adoption.

But come on, if you can't handle a child, if you can't handle getting pregnant.. DONT HAVE SEX. My goodness. Don't do it. Get a sex toy if you need to please yourself.

November 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(katastic @ Sep 3 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>I am pro-choice, until any time, for any number of times.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well, sweetie, you cannot kill someone if your spiritual beliefs permit you to..

If the child has a chance of survival outside of the womb, then you should by NO MEANS be allowed to terminate.

I feel sick when people talk about abortions past 8 weeks. But I am pro choice, I believe that its your body, your right. But if you cannot sense a pregnancy in your body before its "too late" then I believe you should research other options, like parenting or adoption.

But come on, if you can't handle a child, if you can't handle getting pregnant.. DONT HAVE SEX. My goodness. Don't do it. Get a sex toy if you need to please yourself.
[/b][/quote]
I didn't say you could...?

And I'll have you know my abortion was after I was impregnated by rape at 13. I didn't know a thing about pregnancy and had no clue I was pregnant until I was 11 weeks along. And since my state's limit is 16 weeks, I don't think it's any of your business when I decided to terminate. And I find it disgusting that you would force pregnancy and motherhood on a 13 year old girl who had already gone through a terrible trauma and who was already suicidal and depressed. Especially when doing so would have brought a child into the world that I did not want and was not ready to take care of, AND it would have prevented my beautiful daughter from being born.

I will not go the rest of my life without having sex just because people like you want to limit what I do with MY body.

November 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
i cant believe anyone would thnk this is ok. whats wrong with ppl today?? what happened to everyone is a person no matter who they are or how old they are? i believe that abortion is a selfish decision where you are only thinking about yourself. i know that there are situations where the mother is very sick, or the baby is going to die or is already dead. but just bc you dont want it, youre commiting murder.

<3

<3
November 27th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Mud235's Avatar Super Mom Extrodinaire
Quote:
i know that there are situations where the mother is very sick, or the baby is going to die or is already dead. but just bc you dont want it, youre commiting murder.[/b]
So where do you draw the line at? One person is not committing murder b/c the mother is sick and needs to terminate, but the 15yr old who got pregnant is a murderer b/c she made a mistake and got pregnant?
November 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Quote:

But come on, if you can't handle a child, if you can't handle getting pregnant.. DONT HAVE SEX. My goodness. Don't do it. Get a sex toy if you need to please yourself.[/b]

Just curious, and with no reference to my own beliefs on this matter, why is pre-8 weeks OK, but post 8 weeks not OK?

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

December 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
what makes it ok for a 15 year old who clearly thought she was adult enough to have sex, go have a partial birth abortion ? so she was ok with it for the first 6 months, then decided she didnt want it? or that the kid that got her pg isnt going to help her?

<3

<3
December 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Mud235's Avatar Super Mom Extrodinaire
Quote:
what makes it ok for a 15 year old who clearly thought she was adult enough to have sex, go have a partial birth abortion ? so she was ok with it for the first 6 months, then decided she didnt want it? or that the kid that got her pg isnt going to help her?[/b]
Do you think that late term abortions are done so easily? Do you think that a Dr is going to risk his medical license to help someone terminate a pregnancy when there is no indication so late in the game?
December 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Veteran
In my opinion, I find it utterly disgusting and atrocious. However, if it was medically needed in order to save the life of the mother, I'd understand that.

x1
December 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
the_mama.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Having had two little girls, feeling them in me, kicking, hickuping....I could not ever imagine my life without them.

I have watched my little one cry, and suck her thumb, and yawn in my tummy on a 3D ultrasound. I have it on dvd actually. I think before any women makes that choice she really should see the miracle for herself.

I too cannot see how a child can be killed in such an awful way. If the child is already in the third trimester why not just deliver it, and give it a chance? I cannot understand how anyone could do that to a precious child. Sending your angel off with its last moments of pain and torture. The same little angel who fell inlove with the sound of your voice. The Angel who once felt so safe and warm inside of you. It sickens me that some people can value life so little.

I have never experienced rape, and certainly have not experienced a pregnancy that was a result of a rape. I have never experienced the news that my unborn child will not thrive after birth....so in those situations i cannot have an opinion. My heart goes out to all the women who have had to be in that situation. I just would hope that whatever a womens choice in 'those' situations or similar would be something that is right for them.

Thank you BAM for creating such a beautiful siggy!
January 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just disturbing!!!!!

January 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Verdana">First of all that is nasty!! I seriously wanted to throw up seeing how they do it and reading how they do it!!

I have to say unless it is medically necessary I think partial birth abortions should be illegal because that is murder, that baby is very much alive and if he/she was born she could survive unlike a fetus at 10 weeks..I am pro choice but I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control, but I think it's a women's choice, especially a rape victim. but getting the PBA done because you decide you don't want the baby anymore, or whatever, that decision should have been made in the first trimester not the second or third..People are messed up! god this sickens me!!

ETA: plus there is a thing called adoption if you don't want to keep the baby, if you don't think you can handle it or whatever, give it up for adoption, give it a chance at life with a loving family</span>

January 28th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am emotionally disturbed by this practice. It is disgusting and should be outlawed. I don't give a care whose body it is and what people think they can do with "their bodies." When it comes to partial-birth abortion, the "my body" line is a cop-out. That is an independent being.

The teenage cop-out is getting old too. I've never been in the pregnancy after rape position and I feel for those who have, nor have I been in "my life or the baby's." My heart goes out to them too.

However, I HAVE been a teenage mom. I went through it and took my licks.

I agree with the person who said to get a sex toy if you need to please yourself. It is our business when pregnancies are terminated, unfortunately to a certain extent. Partial-birth abortion is murder, hands down. Don't kid yourself or try to butter it up. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS OK.

Christ, it seems this would be similar to having an elderly relative that makes your finances impossible, your mental health is suffering, etc., you can just walk up to him or her, stick scissors in their brain and end their life because "you're causing MY body grief... you gotta go." Do you know how unreasonable that is?

Sorry, I'm passionate about this argument and perhaps the comparison won't make sense for some of you, but it does to me.

just my .02

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

February 1st, 2009, 04:59 AM
Newbies
Quote:
Partial birth abortions are an abomination to mankind. I can't believe that they STILL do this in some states. YES it is a partial birth abortion.

from how I am told it happens, is that they take the babies body out until just the head is still in the canal, and they use a special tool to "suck the brain" out of the baby.

this is legal, and you don't have to have medical issues, all you need is 3000$ it's almost as bad as cutting each limb off the baby until its all out.[/b]
I agree

I am from Australia... Haven't heard alot of it over here - but saw a documentary on it (from the U.S.) It is sick......
If, in the cases that women no longer want to have the child, do they not adopt it out??? They are going thru a tremendous ordeal, and i do see this partial birth/ abortion completely and utterley sick (murderous)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search