Choosing NOT to vaccinate mommas! (KRISTIN!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Girls' Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good idea.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
April 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
aBookasmommy
AHHHHHHHHHHH! So my mom turned my aunt on me. Im not mad cuz my mom and my aunt are both entitled to their opinion and like my aunt said Ive made my decision she just wanted me to hear how she felt about it. They had me in tears I was that upset I try and defend why Im doing it but they just keep coming and coming at me with comebacks. Its so frustrating!!
April 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know, that stinks. I will NOT discuss my decision not to vaccinate Milly without having my books on hand so I can easily find the rebuttals to all of those common comebacks. I mean, my memory is crappy at best - I know I'm not going to just remember all of those reasons off the top of my head.

Sorry they double-teamed you on it, Nikki. Lucky Kennedi that she's YOUR baby and not THEIRS, as far as this decision goes.
April 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Stick to your guns... and remember you can always get the shots later, you can't take them back.

April 19th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
My reasons for delaying might be different than most, but I'm still delaying all the live vaccines. Ava has been on high dose, long term steroids most of her life and I refuse to put her at risk. Steroids can cause weakened immune systems. She does get Synagis (which isn't a vaccine).

I do want to say that I think it's great that you all are advocating for your children. Whether you get them immunized or not, you took the time to research and weigh benefits/risks for your kids. I just wish *some* doctors would respect parents' decisions more than they do.

A wonderful lady from my PR was told to find another pediatrician becasue she wanted to delay just the MMR until 15 mths.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hope, thanks for sharing your reason with us! I wonder if doctors actually warn parents of children with weakened immune systems that vaccines can be more dangerous for them?
April 19th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Nope. When Kaeli was little I was told she needed the RSV shot. That her immune system was too weak to let her get RSV. But, she could have all the other vaccines... hmmmmm.

Hope - I've read your blog and have been keeping you and your family in my T&Ps.

April 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Ava's pulmonary Dr warned me about live vaccines. In fact, he has only pushed the RSV and flu shot. She gets all her shots at her regular ped's office. Ava was accidently give the 6 mth live vaccines and the nurse got in HUGE trouble. She is no longer allowed to see Ava. That was a very bad mistake that could've threatened Ava's life. Since then, Ava has had none.

This is *off the record*, but one of Ava's docs has a baby the same age and she delays too.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
April 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
aBookasmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditzzy View Post
Ava's pulmonary Dr warned me about live vaccines. In fact, he has only pushed the RSV and flu shot. She gets all her shots at her regular ped's office. Ava was accidently give the 6 mth live vaccines and the nurse got in HUGE trouble. She is no longer allowed to see Ava. That was a very bad mistake that could've threatened Ava's life. Since then, Ava has had none.

This is *off the record*, but one of Ava's docs has a baby the same age and she delays too.
I wish that doctor would talk to my mom and aunt and then they would see that this is not something Im doing "just to be different" or that Im not the only one doing this!
July 1st, 2009, 01:54 PM
More more more!!! Where's the MMR??

July 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
I MAJORLY need MMR info. Gracie has her 3 year wellness check up coming up and I put off the MMR at her 2 year and I KNOW they will try to get me to give it to her. I Don't feel comfortable with it.

July 2nd, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm on it, ladies! Rachael will be gone to a friend's house tonight, so I'm planning to work on this.
July 3rd, 2009, 03:12 AM
Gray Sea
<3 Kristin. Have I ever told you you're my hero?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search