Kristin, your advice? LOL...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Girls' Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Gray Sea
This is an article I just came across google news.

What do you think?
Load of crock?

Fast Protection from Swine Flu Vac
September 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, first of all...I find it downright hilarious that they sound SO SHOCKED to find GOOD results!!

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, if it really does work well and quickly - well, that's great! That's one perk for the people who do get it. At least they won't have to worry so much about getting swine flu on top of whatever other damage the vax does to their systems, you know? And on the other hand, I'm skeptical about ANY data that comes from uncited studies. Who did these studies, and who were the guinea pigs they were performed on? Were pregnant women included? And of course, long-term side effects are still unknown...

Quote:
Last week, nearly 60% of U.S. doctor visits were for flu-like symptoms, Anne Schuchat, MD, director of the CDC's respiratory disease center, said at the news conference. That means there's as much flu going around now as there was at the peak of last flu season.
This just makes me mad. Flu-like SYMPTOMS. Not confirmed flu. And (IMO) the media has blown this thing so disgustingly out of proportion that a lot of people are paranoid about it now. Flu-like SYMPTOMS can be the same as a common cold.

Okay. A little incoherent there, but you asked.
September 11th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Gray Sea
No, no! I appreciate it! I was thinking the same thing about the long term side effects! But I also was laughing at how shocked they were with the positive results they've gotten!
September 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Interesting article! My kiddos and I will not be getting the vax bc its so new and nothing is known about side effects(long term i mean). DH, on the other hand, has to get it since hes military. He will be a guinea pig i guess

September 12th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this sounds mean but this article will probably make more people get the vaccine...if more people get it maybe they will leave the ones that dont want it alone?

September 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Interesting... however I'm not quite sure what to believe. I generally lean more towards the conspiracy stuff... like "lets tell the public it works in 10 days to make them more excited about getting this shot" - and truthfully, they never made such a discovery.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
September 12th, 2009, 02:02 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I seem to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist where vaccines are concerned too. But they make sense...big pharma has a LOT to gain from the pushing of vaccines, whether they're safe or not. It's only the crazy conspiracies that don't even smack of the truth that I don't go for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search