Scar Tissue

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Proud Mommy & Wife
I just had our second son 2 weeks ago by c-section and my doctor told me that my scar tissue was too bad to have anymore kids. He said I could but it would be too risky. Has anyone else been told this? It was truly a dissapointment to me because I am only 23 and was looking forward to have more kids, but now I guess our only option will be to adopt somewhere down the line. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather

July 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Krazieblond1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would get a second opinion from another doctor. A friend of mine had all 5 of her kids Via c-section, and all 5 of them are fine, and she is as well.

July 3rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I too would get another opinion. Usually its 3 setions and your out tho I know a few people who have had 4 and 5

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely get another opinion. See what your options are - can the scar tissue be removed?

February, 2005
August, 2005
August 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Regular
I just had an appointment at Thomas Jefferson yesterday to have my uterine scar defect evaluated. I had 2 prior c sections and had an mri that showed my scar to be thin. my doc was concerned about rupture. The doctors yesterday told me that there are plenty of women with this defect who go on to have normal pregnancies. The risks are that the baby could implant in the scar and develop placenta accreta. It could possibly rupture but I would be monitored closely. We left yesterday feeling so much better about our options and will probably try to get pregnant in the spring.
August 16th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Get a second opinion and good luck
August 16th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I too would most definitely get a second opinion.. I have had 2 c sections.. and 3 more abdominal surgeries due to other medical conditions.. my scar tissue is aweful.. so bad that I could never have anything romoved my laproscopic (sp) surgery.. my ob.. even mentioned how it took a little longer to get my daughter out.. but not that I couldn't have more..he even know's I would like another... .. good luck hon.. don't give up

August 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
raelynn's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree with getting another opinion. They found a massive amount of scar tissue when I had my 2nd c/s - they ended up in my abdomen because they were "cutting blind" - no idea how that happened and how you miss a huge uterus...lol. I was told no more babies and went and saw a high-risk OB who gave me the green light to have one more.

August 30th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Veteran
I'd get another opinion. I am having my 4th and final c-section with this baby. My last c-section the peri did say there was some scar tissue but that just meant that the c-section would take a little longer because she had to be more careful.

August 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
jenortiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenortiz
I ditto everyone else about a second opinion. I have a cousin who cannot have anymore due to scar tissue she had 3 and the third was just to risky. Although, I would think they would just be able to monitor you more closely.

Dealing with a high risk pregnancy: [url="http://cjengo.blogspot.com"]http://cjengo.blogspot.com
September 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM
mom2njia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mom2njia
After my 2nd Csection my doctor told me I was done having kids.. My uterus was so thin they could see the babies face before they cut! But I was not ready to be done. I waited 2 years before I got pregnant again anfd had a wonderful pregnany and csection, and my uterus was healthy and strong. I am pregnant and will hopefully have my 4th section in may. Dont give up hope!

my blog
September 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Proud Mommy & Wife
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all the well wishes and the opinions! I am definately going to get another opinion! If the 2nd doctor gives me the ok, I will wait a few years of course, but I just love my babies SO much and I just can't stand the thought of not having more! My husband and family have been there for me through all of this & are great, but yet they still don't understand what a dissapointment this was to me.

Hopefully I will get good news when I get the 2nd opinion! I will be sure to let you all know!

Thanks SO Much again!

Love,

Heather

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search