Hello!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2008, 07:05 PM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
Hello
I will be joining you ladies due to having a high risk pregnancy. My first pregnancy had a lot of bleeding up unitl 13 weeks and then at 28 weeks I got PIH and was put on aldomet. At 29 weeks I was diagnosed with pre-e and put on bedrest. At 33 weeks I felt very sick and knew something was wrong. I went into the ER and to my astonishment by bp was 217/182 and I had an awful pain right under my chest. Turns out I had developed HELLP syndrome and the pain was my enlarging liver. My liver enzymes were almost 500 and I was close to liver rupture. My platelets had dropped to 35,000 and I could not stop vomiting. They did an emergency c/s and my tiny girl was born at 33 weeks weighing 2 lbs 12 oz and was 15 3/4 inches long. She was the size of a 26 weeker because the umbilical cord was like a thin shoe string and the placenta was half dead. Luckily Isabelle made it out of the NICU in 3 weeks and we brought her home weighing 3 lbs 9 oz.

This time around I just went to my 1st ob and my bp was slightly elevated! I am really hoping it was just a fluke that it is going up this early! I also have low progesterone this time and am on Prometruim until 11 weeks.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

September 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your story is a lot like mine. I too had HELLP Syndrome. I delivered at 28 weeks because of enlarged liver and could not stop vomiting. My blood pressure was really high and my platelet count was 30,000. I had identical twin girls. McKenzie is still with us, but we lost Madison at 5 months old because she was born with a Diaphragmatic Hernia. The intestines and liver and kidneys are where the left lung should be. It also pushes the heart into the other side not allowing either lung to grow properly. She was a miracle to live for as long as she did. I don't think we will ever be able to try again. I know it is hard not to worry, but do what in your heart. If you think you should go in than do it. It does not matter how many times you go in, or what time it is. Express any concerns with your Doctors. i am sure that they will keep a close eye on you. I wish you all the best.

Laura
daisy616
September 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Yikes! That sounds horrible! Hopefully they'll be able to control it this time!
September 15th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Definately High Risk

Welcome to the high risk board.

How are you feeling about things so far?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Regular
Hi, and welcome!

Your story reads quite like mine, except for the initial bleeding, which I didn't have at all. But the pre-e, sky-high bp, protein, etc, that sounds like me. Scary when you get pregnant again, isn't it? My son and your daughter were about the same size at birth, too. He was also born at 33 weeks, weighed 2 pounds and measured an even 15 inches. He had to stay in the NICU for 2 months, but he's doing great now! I'm amazed they let yours out when she was still so tiny! At my hospital, they don't let them out (even full term, completely heathy ones) unless they're 5.7 pounds!

I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy this time around and that your bp was just due to nerves.

Looking forward to knowing you!

September 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome to the HR board! I hope things go a little smoother for you this time around, and like was said previously!! Good Luck, I look forward to getting to know you!

September 16th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome!

September 16th, 2008, 06:16 PM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
Thanks for the welcomes! I am def worried and a bit scared! I just hope my bp isn't already going up! I know that my dr is watching me super close which makes me feel a lot better!

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

September 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Well the best way to keep the bp low is to enjoy your pregnancy and relax with the knowledge that your being closely monitored.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
i was lurking and decided to introduce myself. i am michelle and i am high risk because i had a subchorionic hemorrhage between 6 and 16 weeks of my dd's pregnancy. bleeding similar to yours. i also miscarried her twin at almost 7 weeks.

however i didn't develop pre ecampsia or hellp syndrome but i can't even imagine what it was like for you. i wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy.

September 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Welcome. I know the hell you went thru and probably the fears and worries you have now. I am praying for you that you dn't have to deal with this again.
Congrats and welcome again

I had my daughter 18months ago because of HELLP. I was 286/206 and reached the 300's/ over the 250's. I literally went from normal bp, protein and everything in 5-6 days. They were shocked how quick and how hard it hit me. Crystal was born at 32wk at 5lbs and came home 2 weeks later at 4lb (she has severe gerd). I had a transfusion after my csection and still to this day to a monthly 24hour urine and blood work to check everything. Nothing has "leveled" out and I guess that HELLP can linger up to 2 yrs after delivery for some lucky ladies.

I was told never to get pregnant again, then when I got my BP controlled with diet and exercise I was told not to get pregnant until my levels were all normal. My daughters were fertility treatment babies so when i found out I was pregnant in june i was shocked. this baby is not.
I ran normal bps until I got a SCH and started to bleed so they limited my exercise to nothing great LOl. Now I am on 800mg labetatol and Procardia 20mg every 3hours (that changed from procardia xl90mg in the beginning because of the cercalge and contrax).

We are scared to death that this time i will die. I was on siezure preventatives, the transfusions etc. I was told by every doctor and nurse I should be dead, not something you and your husband ever want to hear. So we are scared CRAPLESS!
I never heard of this, not even in Nursing school.. I was so ignorant to this syndrome and the research is just as ignorant.

I ignored the nagging pain in my rib area on the right side, thinking it was her foot. The constant and never stoppable heartburn as pregnant. The puking as hormone surge. When the BP went to 190/90 in 5days from 120/75 I got scared becasue the headache and called. The headache only got worse and worse.
Its great to know someone else here went thru this. When people ask me why i had another preemie I say HELLP and they look at me like I am stupid LOL.

Please pm anytime. You and i could use the support I bet I am so scared the closer I get to 20wks the more scared I get. On top of the HELLP I have had another daughter because of IC PTL etc.. its like I can't win.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search