new here

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

My name is Samantha and I am 29 years old. I have a 3 year old son named Trevione who was born at 34 weeks. I am now 34 weeks pregnant with a girl who will be named Tanaiya. My due date is October 28. I have had 3 miscarriages as well, and I also gave birth prematurely to a girl at 23 weeks, who unfortunately did not survive. My son was my 4th pregnancy and I was considered high risk, although I had no official diagnosis. They just knew I had experienced 3 previous losses. After having another miscarriage last year, doctors were finally able to give me a diagnosis. I have Thalassemia and MTHFR. This has caused me to develop clots which led to miscarriages. So with this pregnancy I have been taking Lovenox injections daily as well as weekly progesterone shots. Also, at 20 weeks, I was diagnosed with a marginal anterior placenta previa, and although docs said it would move safely out of the way, they were wrong, it moved alright, but the wrong way, and I now have a complete previa.

I have been extremely lucky so far and have not had any bleeding. The docs are super concerned because if I start to bleed, in combination with the Lovenox, I will hemmorrage badly. I will have an amnio and c-section at 36 weeks.

Lately though, I have been feeling "off." I am worried that labor is coming, and I just hope I can make it to the hospital in time!
September 18th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Welcome to the high risk board.

Be sure not to rock the boat for those last two weekis. Try to do not much of anything. You really really don't want to be going into labor with complete previa.

Thalassemia is hereditary. I would have the kids checked out later to see if they are a carrier. Its only a bother if your spouse is a carrier as well.

Are you mediterainian?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Samantha! Welcome to the High Risk board! I hope every things goes smoothly for you in these last couple weeks! I agree with Cindermella, take it extremely easy; you're almost there!! Good luck!

September 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
mamabeeto3's Avatar Super Mommy
If you have a full previa and are going to be having a c-section then your doctor should be switching you to heparin. You are not able to have an epidural with lovenox - due tothe bleeding risk, and with heparin your doctor is able to counteract that prior to the c-section and epidural. You might wish to discuss this with your doctor.

Please continue resting as you have 14 short days to go. Good luck to you.
September 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Regular
Hi everyone

Cindermella - Thanks! I have been taking it as easy as I can with a 3 year old! No, I am not mediterranean. Is thalasemmia more common in medittereaneans?

Herpersmama - Thanks Trying my bestest!

Mamabeeto3 - Yes my doc said from the begginning that I would be switched to heparin at 36 weeks. The only concern I have now is if I go into preterm labor before then... I guess I would have to have general anesthesia and I would really rather be awake.

I went to my checkup today and we scheduled my amnio for Oct 6. C-section to follow on the 7th or 8th. I will be 37 weeks on the 7th, doc says its safest then. He did say we need to be prepared at any given moment due to my history though. I still feel like it is coming soon, but maybe I am just worrying myself sick.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search