New here and bleeding

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM
marcella's Avatar Veteran
Hello All...

I don't know if I am in the right place. I am 42, on my second baby (just had my first 11 months ago) and am about 5 weeks pregnant. I am having a lot of unexplained bleeding...my doc did a sono and cant see the reason. He said everything looked normal ...but I could still miscarry. I just hate all this bleeding. Its not spotting ...its bright red. Its very similar to perhaps a light period. This has happened to me 2 times this week. I feel like I cannot get too excited about this pregnancy.

I hope I am in the right place. Just wondering if anyone else has had this....

Thanks...

Marcella
September 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
hi marcella
I hope this makes you feel better... My sister in-law was pregnant with her first... She Bleed SO BAD she had thought she lost her.... She was bleeding the whole pregnancy.. But her levels were fine and her U/S were perfect the Dr. Didn't know why... Hailey is here happy healthy little girl...

She got pregnant for the 2nd time.. She had worse bleeding It was the worst i have ever seen worse then a full period.. we sat at the hospital and waited (she was also pregnant with twins identical boys) AGAIN they didn't know why

BOTH boys are here happy and healthy sometimes woman bleed and they just dont know why

These Dr. Are human they are not god!!!

I wish you all the best....
Good luck...
Let me know how it goes...

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
September 19th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks so much, Frankie. It is encouraging to hear that story.
September 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Not a problem spent many nights with her crying because she thought it was over... And all 3 are here... Keep you fingers crossed... And you are in my prayers....

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
September 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
With my dd I bled 6 times up until 13 weeks. They never figured out why but my current ob thinks it may have been because I had low progesterone. I freaked out every time because it was bright red blood and heavy. It is scary but hang in there!

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

September 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I bled early on in a few of my pregnancy's.

Welcome to the high risk board. I was 42 when I had my last baby.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
it sounds like it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage. i had 5 hemorrhages between 6 and 16 weeks during my first pregnancy with my dd. unfortunately i did miscarry her twin but dd was born big and healthy at almost 42 weeks. however it could be seen on the u/s as a black spot behind the placenta. the bleeding actually occurs between the placenta and the chorion or lining of the uterus.

most pregnancy books don't even mention it and it took me forever to find any info on it. i hope you find the answers you need.

September 25th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
I have had a SCH since 8.5wks and have had bleeding but like previous poster said it was caught on sonogram.

With my second daughter I had unexplained bleeding nothing on ultrasound etc until she was 16/17wks gestationally. Shes a 18m old pee pot now

good luck and welcome
September 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies. I am still bleeding on occasion...but it doesn't seem to be too heavy at all. Still...I am afraid to get to optimistic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search