HCG Levels...Normal or Not?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Regular
Hi everyone! I am new here, and am hoping someone has been in a similar situation & may be able to put my mind at ease!

My husband & I have had 3 miscarriages in the past (no successful pregnancies). After my 2nd miscarriage I was diagnosed with MTHFR mutation, and took Lovenox injections during my 3rd pregnancy. I have never made it past 10 weeks in any of my past pregnancies. For my 1st miscarriage, I didn't know I was pregnant until I'd already begun to miscarry (about 5 1/2 weeks). For the 2nd two miscarriages, I made it to 9 1/2 and 8 weeks respectively, but the heartbeat rate was never at a normal rate.

My question is, I found out I was pregnant again last week...My last period was on 8/19. They immediately began monitoring my HCG levels, of course. For this pregnancy, I am now taking my prenatal vitamin (of course), along with supplements of B12, B6, and folic acid daily. I also take a baby aspirin daily, as well as 200 mg of progesterone (my progesterone levels were excellent, but they wanted me to take it anyway as a precaution). I am also taking 30mg Lovenox injections daily.

On Monday morning my level was 260, and Friday morning had only risen to 866. This didn't seem like enough of a rise to me, and the nurse wouldn't really comment either way. They are planning to do an ultrasound on Monday, but I can't help but be concerned because I expected much more of a rise in my HCG level. They have never really monitored my HCG level closely before, so I don't know what it has been in the past.

Does anyone have any insight as to how much the HCG levels are supposed to rise normally??
September 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Lets see if we can figure this out.
Monday your level was 280 so by wednesday it should have been 560 and then friday ruffly around 1120. So you are off by about 254

But

They should always double in a 48 hour period but they do not always do.

So your number is up but not as up as it should be but its still up. Are you going for a 3rd test?

Welcome to the high risk board.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
September 27th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Mom of 3 Preemie girls
Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE-- every woman’s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

September 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Regular
Thank you for the response...I do go on Monday to have an ultrasound. The nurse said it is to find out if there is any apparant reason why my levels aren't rising as much as what may be considered normal. She did not mention having my HCG level checked again, but I am thinking that I may request that they check it again.
September 28th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I know I would be requesting it. Sometimes doctors tell you nothing is going on when something is. If your HcG is going up even if they don't see much in the uterus you could still be pregnant. I find offers of d&c's come a little too fast.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search