Blood clotting disorder diagnosis

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2008, 03:28 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So my MFM nurse called this morning to tell me that my blood clotting results came back today (this was my 3rd time to be tested in 2 years.) She said that they were looking closely at my lupis anticoagulant test and while that particular test came back negative, I was positive for another part of that lupus testing. It was something that she's never actually seen in all her years and had to run it by the doc before calling me. He confirmed that I do have a blood clotting disorder but it seems pretty rare.

I have an appt and u/s with him Wed. morning and he'll go over the details and treatment then with us. (I'm already on a baby asprin a day.) Has anyone ever heard of test results like this? It doesn't seem to be very cut and dry like I would have expected if I had MTHFR or some other similar disorder. I'm a bit confused!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 7th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
You might be getting heparin or similar injections. I don't know much about clotting disorders but lots of girls here do. Welcome to the high risk board. Good luck at your appointment wednesday.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
October 7th, 2008, 11:09 AM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
I don't know much about it but I was tested for that and it came back fine. If you look up blood clotting disorders on google it should be listed on there because I know I remember seeing it. Good luck on wed!

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

October 7th, 2008, 11:45 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't know much about it but I was tested for that and it came back fine. If you look up blood clotting disorders on google it should be listed on there because I know I remember seeing it. Good luck on wed![/b]
Thanks for your reply! I've done extensive research online about blood clotting disorders in general, I was just confused about how the test results came back, since I haven't really been told what I have. It's just all so confusing! lol

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Wee3monkeys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

It's hard to say, or give any information until you know exactly what it is that you tested positive for. I honestly don't know much about the lupus spectrum of the clotting issue. I hope that it's nothing too serious, and the treatment goes OK for you! KUP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search