new here,,,need to talk..

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Regular
Hi was wondering if anyone had a similar situation....:)

REALISED I WAS PREG 31ST.....GOOD NEWS FOR THE NEW YEAR!!!FIRST TIME AFTER TRYING FOR A YEAR.

LMP 27/11/05
DOC SAYS I AM PROBABLY 5 WEEKS.ON THE 3RD, STARTED BLEEDING ,DARK BROWN WITH CLOTS.
WENT TO THE OB/GYN ON THE 5TH...SAID CERVIX WAS CLOSED...HCG THEN WAS 1700
HAD AN ULTRASOUND THE NEXT DAY AND THEY ONLY SAW A SAC AND NOTHING MUCH.WAITING FOR ANOTHER U/S IN TWO WEEKS...
IN THE MEANWHILE TOOK THREE MORE HCG TESTS,, 1972,3011, 5015....
STILL BLEEDING LIGHTLY NOW,,NO CLOTS..
HAVE THE U/S ON THURSDAY....
ANYONE WITH SUCH AN EXPERIENCE..
SO SCARED AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...
myseaa@yahoo.com
January 17th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so sorry tho hear you're so scared. i don't want to be a downer but just know that sometimes your body continues to produce HCG making your levels go up even when the baby is not viable. The only real indicator is the u/s...at five weeks just seeing a sac is ok...after 6-7 weeks you should see a baby (fetus) and a heartbeat. When you go back in for your u/s that's what the dr will be looking for.
good luck and I wish you a hopeful outcome.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Regular
Quote:
so sorry tho hear you're so scared. i don't want to be a downer but just know that sometimes your body continues to produce HCG making your levels go up even when the baby is not viable. The only real indicator is the u/s...at five weeks just seeing a sac is ok...after 6-7 weeks you should see a baby (fetus) and a heartbeat. When you go back in for your u/s that's what the dr will be looking for.
good luck and I wish you a hopeful outcome.[/b]
thanks norina

have the u/s on thursday and hope for the best..but do you know...are the hcg normal?
January 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
thanks norina

have the u/s on thursday and hope for the best..but do you know...are the hcg normal?
[/b]
I believe HCG double every 48 hrs at first and then slow down to doubling every 72 or so but I'm not sure when this slowing down occurs...maybe someone else here can help us with that??? Anyone know?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
January 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thanks norina

[/b]
I believe HCG double every 48 hrs at first and then slow down to doubling every 72 or so but I'm not sure when this slowing down occurs...maybe someone else here can help us with that??? Anyone know?
[/b]
I just wanted to comfort you a little... I had the same symptoms with my first and everything turned out ok he is now ten... Good luck to you keep us posted...
January 18th, 2006, 05:20 AM
3girls1boy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not very good at the Tech stuff like your HGC levels! I Did go through some heavy bleeding due to placenta abruptio and i did pass clots also! I am now 30 weeks pregnant with few complications! i am still high risk! my cervics are soft and 1cm but tit could stay like that for a while I just hope it does! I hope everything works out for you! Let us know what happens at your U/S!!

January 18th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Regular
Quote:
I am not very good at the Tech stuff like your HGC levels! I Did go through some heavy bleeding due to placenta abruptio and i did pass clots also! I am now 30 weeks pregnant with few complications! i am still high risk! my cervics are soft and 1cm but tit could stay like that for a while I just hope it does! I hope everything works out for you! Let us know what happens at your U/S!![/b]
thanks 3girls and everyone....
just waiting for tomorrow to know what happens.Will keep you posted.Thanks!
January 18th, 2006, 06:56 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I had the same thing when I would PG with my Second DD. I bleed from 4 weeks until I was 10-1/2 week along. HCG was fine and baby was fine. I even had red blood and clots. I did lose my DD at 22 weeks but it had nothing to do with the bleeding. So just because you are bleeding like that does not mean you are going to lose the baby. With the baby I am PG with now I bleed from 4 weeks until 6 weeks. My first U/S only showed a sack and no fetal pole. Went back a week later and had a baby with a good heartbeat and measuring right no target. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search