Irritiable uterus

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
I posted this a long time ago but I thought I'd ask again just in case someone new is around.....

Has anyone had experience with a irritable uterus? I had it with my son and now I have it again. I would like to hear other women's stories that have experience with this. Thanks!

Brooklyn Taylor May 16/06
Braeden Nov.16/03
January 19th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Irritable uterus is what initially brought me to the hospital the week before Christmas. I was dehydrated. But, my uterus was/is so irritable, they became full-fledge contractions and I began dilating. I've been in the hospital on bedrest ever since. I have many other complications, but irritable uterus is what made me go to L&D initially.

</div>
January 20th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for replying. I hope everything is going well now for you. Did your doc give you any info on irritable uterus at all? Was yours caused by dehydration alone or your other conditions too?

I had an irritable uterus with my son that was really bad. I spent most of my pregnancy on moderate bed rest because everytime I walked or moved around too much I had contractions. I was put in the hospital for preterm labor and then was sent home on strict bedrest until my water broke at exactly 37weeks. Which was wonderful considering they thought I would have him by 34weeks.

This time I have it again but it doesn't seem as bad. My question is: would it make things happen earlier if it were your second time around? My doctors are idiots. They won't take the time to give me even an opinion.

In Canada, we are lucky not to have to pay for health care but the doctors are that overworked that if you want to ask a question during your appt. they make you feel like an idiot and a huge inconvience.

Braeden Nov.16/03
January 20th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dehydration is the main cause of irritable uterus. But there's so many other things that can bring an "attack" on -- caffeine, foods that irritate the bowel, stress, constipation, diarrhea, etc.

My irritable uterus gets worse with each baby. With my other two, I was just put on bedrest at home. But with this one, I can't move without having a contraction. I literally have 2-3 contractions after I lay back down after using the restroom. And this is despite the Brethine I take every 6 hours.

Hopefully, I will be going home this afternoon!

</div>
January 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks again for the info. I finally was able to read a little about it. I'm trying to follow the suggestions...drinking lots of water, not too much activity etc. It's still acting up up though. I just hope this baby hangs on as long as my son did. I hope your better and out of the hospital. Take care!

Braeden Nov.16/03
January 24th, 2006, 04:41 PM
toni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think mine is acting up again. I didn't have it with ds(#1, but I had it with dd(#2) and I think I am starting to have it again. I just had an appt last Thursday and I told them that I was having contractions, but nothing painful or regular. But the past 2 days I have been feeling pretty achey and have a heavy feeling. If it doesn't let up tomorrow I will give my midwifes a call and see what they say-they will probably tell me to come on in. Better to be safe then sorry.

January 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Super Mommy
very true Toni. Irritable uterus is an unpredictable thing. Hope everything is ok. Let me know how it goes at the midwife.

Braeden Nov.16/03
January 25th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Well I called shortly after they opened this morning. They told me to come on in to the office to get checked out. They checked my urine and everything looks ok there-no uti's or anything like that. They checked my cervix and I;m just a finger tip dialted. They also did a fetal fibernectin -a test that will check to see if I will deliver in the next 2 weeks. They will call me later this afternoon to tell me the results. They also sent me right after my appt to get a U/S to check on Morgan and to check my cervical length. Morgan is doing great-still a girl, she is weighing 1 lb and 11 ozs and my cevical lentgh is fine as well. So, in the meantime I just need to take it easy and call them if i start contracting again. I will let you all know what the test says when they call me back. I;m gonig to go drink some more water and go lay down.

January 25th, 2006, 01:19 PM
My midwife just called and said that the fetal febernectin test came back negative...WOOHOO!! But that I still need to take it easy and let them know if I the contracitons come back.

January 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Super Mommy
That's great new! Just take it easy and hopefully the contractions will stay away for a while. Nice that you got to see the baby!

Braeden Nov.16/03

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search