New to the board

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Regular
My husbanc and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years, I have something called PCOS and was on Metformin for a few months and then put it on hold. I am currently about 96 pounds overweight, I eat healthy and work out every day, but for some reason I just can't lose the weight. I just found out that I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant and I am very scared that I might have a miscarriage because of my weight. The dr never mentioned it being a problem, but then I go online and read all these articles and now I'm just scared, and don't know what to think or anything. Should I worry? Does anyone else have an issue like this? Any suggestions? I also read that if you suffer from lower back pain, that is a sign of a miscarriage. Is that true? The article also said that you can have a miscarriage and not even know it, no bleeding, no cramping, nothing, you just go in for your next appointment and your no longer pregnant. I find that hard to believe but what do I know. Did this happen to anyone?

Thanks in advance.
January 30th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First of all hon ... take a deep breath and count to 10 slowly.

Second, the internet can be your biggest enemy when you are pregnant. Websites contradict each other so often, we don't know which one to believe or trust. Stay off those websites and listen to your doctor.

Third, I'm significantly overweight. This is my 2nd baby being overweight. Weight is more of an issue with decreased fertility than pregnancy complications. And, while that article about miscarriage is true, that situation is so rare.

Fourth, take a deep breath and slowly count to 10. Stress is a bigger threat to pregnancy than your weight.

Good Luck!

</div>
January 31st, 2006, 06:10 AM
3girls1boy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree! Take a Big deep breath!! The internet is a big enemy while pregnant!!! Try to relax stress is alot worse then being over weight while pregnant! i know several ever weight women who have had babies with no problems!!!! Try to relax!! Lower back pain while your pregnant means 1000 of differnt things! i havent jad a pregnancy yet where i didnt have it! This is #4 and the worse for my lower back pain!! Just take it easy and Good luck also congrats to you!!

February 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dropping in from March due dates... I too have PCOS although I was not overweight at time of conception. As you probably know most women with PCOS are overweight and it has to do with the disorder and hormones and such. I have talked to and read about lots of women who have successful pregnancies with PCOS. I would ask the dr. to keep a check on your hormones and ask him to check your progesterone levels which can sometimes cause miscarriage with women with PCOS. Also, talk to him about the possibility of taking metformin (I did) until about 13 weeks of pregnancy. It is a great drug that helps us PCOSers regulate hormones and sometimes sustain pregnancies. I took it till I was 13 weeks but my dr. said there were no studies showing it had any bad effects on baby if you took it longer even though they would rather you get off of it around the 2nd trimester. I don't know if they will do this for you since you are already preggers. If not, check into it after the pregnancy because although I wasn't overweight I could tell that in time I would be with the way I was gaining weight the past year. It helps with weight and many women lose weight on it. I really liked it and hope to get back on it after baby is born to help regulate my hormones better and help my with my anovulatory cycles. So, other than that I would say just ccalm down. I too was so scared because of all I had read. It is a scary time but once you get past hearing the heartbeat and seeing baby on the u/s you will slowly relax some (although even people without PCOS lose their baby after this). But I completely understand your stress. Say a little prayer, talk to the baby, and hang in there. You'll be okay and hopefully so will baby. Get those hormones checked though... ESPECIALLY PROGESTERONE! It has an easy fix of a suppository to help regulate it. Hope that helps and GL to you.

February 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not have PCOS but I am significantly overweight. I am 33 weeks and I have had a healthy pregnancy. I am not swelling, my blood pressure is normal, I have gained 8 pounds during the whole pregnancy (which is healthy for someone who is significantly overweight). I know many many overweight women who have had successful pregnancies!

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search