Sick of the Contractions...

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2006, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenniferk
I am so over the contractions, but I am so worried that I am going to have this baby way too early! I've been contracting like crazy the last two days. But I am still at 3cm dilated. My dr said today that the baby dropped and my cervix was very soft and about 60% effaced. She changed my terbutaline to Procardia and gave me more steroids. According to the U/S he is just over 4 pounds, which is really good for 30 weeks....I just can't help but worry.
February 2nd, 2006, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I don't know what else to say, other than just do the best you can. Basically, it comes down to this. Baby will come when baby wants to come. When it's time, there's nothing you or the doctors will be able to do. Just be glad you've made it this long despite your problems, and keep looking toward the next week (forget your due date, it's too stressful to look that far ahead). Keep telling yourself -- 31 weeks, 31 weeks -- then 32 weeks, 32 weeks. It's what's gotten me through the last 15 weeks of contractions. My OB's just simply wanted me to make it to 32 weeks, and they were doubtful I'd do that. I actually just suffered pPROM at 32 weeks too, so we were quite sure she'd be here by now. Yet here I sit, a day away from 34 weeks (my OB's second and final goal for me) and still holding strong. Granted I'm going in today and there's been a lot of talk of them going ahead and delivering me, but I don't see that happening. I've made it this long, I can see me making 35 weeks, which no one ever thought I'd do. It's amazing how weeks of preterm labor but managing to stay pregnant can be empowering to you. Remind yourself of that -- you've made it this long, you can still go longer! Don't be down on yourself right now, you should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished thus far.

And should the inevitable happen a little too early, keep in mind, you're already 30 weeks, and 4 pounds (WOW!!), which is great. I'm not saying baby will go home with you at birth, but there's much worse gestation to deliver at than 30 weeks. And just keep pushing for that next week. 31 weeks is better than 30. 32 is better than 31. And I've known 32-33 weekers to be in perfect shape at birth and go home right away. And my 34 weeker was 7 pounds at birth (your little one seems to be following his weight pattern) and came home right away too. So you're quite close to a very promising gestation where baby can be born happy and healthy with absolutely no problems. Nothing's guaranteed, but holding onto that hope will get you through the devastation of going through the preterm labor.

Good luck hun. You can do it!!!

February 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jenniferk
Thanks Cassie....that really helps! It's good to hear the success stories. You hear so much negative that it's hard to keep focused on the positive. Good luck!!!!!!!!
February 3rd, 2006, 06:27 AM
3girls1boy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just hope everything works out for you and the baby!! Please keep us updated on everything!! I wish you the Best of Luck! try to relax some it not good to stress about it when its kinda out of your control!

February 3rd, 2006, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister had pneumonia (sp?) when she was pregnant with my nephew. I can't remember how far along she was (maybe 25 or so wks) but I do know that he was only 1.5 pounds when he was born. The doctors only gave him a 15% chance of living.

Today he is a beautiful, healthy 16 yr old boy that is taller than me (and my sis) and who is chasing the girls all over the place. You wouldn't have ever known that he had such a rocky and rough start. And back then, technology wasn't as good as it is today (think of the difference....even with computers and it's hard not to be amazed).

Hang in there sweetie, for as long as you possibly can....but keep in mind that this is not your fault! Things happen for a reason....and take heart that the doctors know what they are doing and can save you and your baby if need be.

Good luck to you and keep us updated on how things are going!

I love my 3 girls and little boy:

Mom to Jessica - 19 yrs old, Amber - 18 yrs old, Sebastian - 2 months
February 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
heya

I started getting contractions at 23 weeks. My cervix was shortening. And i had a grade 3 placenta. They thought i wouldnt make it past 28 weeks.. well guess what. 10 weeks of bedrest, 4 days hospitalized.. i had my daughter 2 days shy of her due date lol. Dont worry just take it easy and dont do anything just sit and relax.

oh one more thing. Once you get to 34 weeks, the chances of survival are pretty much 100% they let me off of bedrest than! well short walks i was allowed, but by 35-36 weeks i was off fully. goodluck, things will be fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search