I'm new here I need advice

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
Regular
[font=Arial Narrow][b]

Hi all, I'm new here. My name is Julie and I'm 27 years old. My husband & I recently got married this past September and in the near future we want to try to TTC. I have lung issues going on, my current lung doctor thinks I have Cystic Fibrosis. I have bronchieactisis *sp* and I get chronic lung infections. Just an hour ago, I was coughing up light pinkish blood and I am really concerned, that I will never be able to give my husband a baby due to my lung issues. I haven't coughed up blood in 2 years and my past lung dr told me that if I did ever get pregnant that I would have to take medicine if I coughed up blood and if doing so, then it would either be me or the baby at risk. My new lung doctor I started seeing two days ago, because we moved out of state, I had to find a new doctor. My new doctor told me I should think about having kids soon, that he is not advocating for me to just get pregnant, but I should try soon. We want to have a child soon, but now I am really afraid because I coughed up blood this afternoon. It was light pink, but still it was there. My question is does anyone else have severe lung issues and have gotten pregnant and are okay? I am really down and out about this, it is really upsetting because I want to be able to give my husband a baby.

September 24, 2005
Our Wedding Day
February 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
Sugar+Spicex3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your lung issues. I have asthma and chronic sinus issues, so I kinda know where you're coming from.

Are you sure your doctor said "cystic fibrosis"? I would seriously ask your doctor again ... you may have misunderstood. CF is alot more involved than lung issues (digestive, reproductive systems are affected too) and its virtually unheard of for someone to reach adulthood without being diagnosed.

Have you done some research online (from reputable medical sites) about CF? The marchofdimes.com has good informational section about it. March Of Dimes CF Information

In any case, I wish you the best of luck and health!

</div>
February 3rd, 2006, 06:05 AM
Veteran
I'd question the possible CF also. It's easy enough to determine through genetic testing and it effects more than just the lungs, like the previous poster stated. You should speak to your pulmonologist in depth about what risks a pregnancy poses with your condition and maybe have him/her refer you to a high risk ob. Good luck.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 5th, 2006, 12:12 AM
EricsMom's Avatar SuperMommy!
Julie,

Hi. I just wanted to add my input here. First and foremost, clarify your diagnosis with your doctor. Be clear on the diagnosis, treatment procedures and long term prognosis/difficulties.

Now, I can personally relate to your story. In 2003 I was sick all year. When I finally got in to see a respirologist in Dec. I was admitted to hospital the next day for an emergency lung biopsy. The illness put me in hospital for 2 weeks and then recovering at home on oxygen 24/7 for 6 weeks, plus an additional 6 weeks off. It was a long recovery. I had idiopathic interstial lung disease. Basically something was damaging my lung tissue and my body wasn't getting enough oxygen. I was put on high doses of steroids and was on them for 14 months. 3 weeks after starting the steroids I found out I was pregnant. I had no choice. If I stopped taking the steroids it put my life at risk and I would lose the baby for sure. Taking the steroids meant there was a risk of facial defects (cleft pallet) or neurological issues. We decided that we would move forward and we would love the baby no matter how it turned out. I was monitored very closely my whole pregnancy. I did develop some complications with high blood pressure and my son was born at 34 weeks.

That was in Sept of 2004. My son is now almost 17 months old and he is a bouncing, happy and healthy toddler.

You need to be clear with your doctor about what you want and make sure you get all the information to make an informed decision.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and that you are able to fulfill your dream of having a family.

Take care,
Candie

TTCMA Again (after a 4 year break of NTNP, 8 yrs total TTC'ing #2)
Cycle #1 - July/Aug 2013 - BFN
5mg Femara CD3 - 7, Trigger CD25, CD32 Prog. 26.1, 10/11 Day LP
Cycle #2 - Aug/Sep 2013 - a bust ... no "O" ... waiting for injectibles protocol

Me (38) Annovulatory, PCOS, IR and Type 2 Diabetes, DH (44), DS (8)

"Learning to have faith, think positively, believe in myself and trust in God."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search