? for anyone who concieved with fertility meds.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2006, 07:10 AM
1+twins's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If any of you concieved with fertility help like chlomid or invetro and have delivered or had a previous child using this.... did you deliver right at 40 weeks or before 40 weeks? I know exactly when we concieved because we used chlomid and timed intercourse and ovulation tests so I was just wondering what my odds were of going the full 40 weeks ( I Hope not) or going sometime around 36-38 weeks. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks ladies.

February 9th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I have a feeling you'll get mixed responses about this. Shy of delivering multiples early, I don't believe there's any connection between fertility meds and early/late delivery.

I haven't delivered yet, so take this with a grain of salt. I also have a long history of preterm labor which probably sways my odds. But I conceived this baby with Clomid and am told I'll never see my due date -- more than likely won't even see 37 weeks.

February 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I have had one preemie and hope to go full term this time. If you go 40 weeks just be happy that you baby is healthy. You will meet them soon enough.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

February 13th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I conceived my first baby with Clomid. My water broke and she was born right at 37 weeks. She was still a good size - 7 lbs, 4 ounces and considered "full term". Within a few days of birth though, she developed severe jaundice and spent the next several days in the NICU. I heard many times that although she was full term, her organs weren't quite mature yet. She is fine today, but I say the closer you get to full term (40 weeks) the better! I know the last few weeks are the worst. I thought my second baby would be born around 37 weeks too, but he hung in until the bitter end!

Good luck!
February 18th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Super Mommy
i don't think you'd wish to deliver at 36 weeks as a baby is still considered premmie then, especially as their lungs develop late in the pregnancy - maybe 37 weeks onwards instead!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search