Choroid Plexus Cysts

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Regular
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but I desperately need any advice or info from those with experience with CPCs. I am almost 19 wks pregnant and an ultrasound just revealed that our baby has bilateral CPCs on his brain. the Doctor said that everything else looked normal and my Quad screen test came back negative so we shouldn't worry about anything, but I am still concerned that my baby has a higher risk of a chromosome abnormality. I don't know if I should just try to relax or do any further testing. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I just need someone to tell me that it is going to be okay!! Thank you!
February 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually went through this with my pregnancy...when I got my ultrasound done, the doctor said it shows up atleast once a week when he is doing the ultrasounds and if everything else looks good, no need to worry... of course I did worry and requested anouther ultrasound at 28 weeks (it should be closed by then)... and there was nothing...so try not to worry, I know it is easier said then done...but I have a perfectly healthy almost 5 month old baby boy...If you have any questions, let me know because I did alot of research when I was first told...just pm me if you want

February 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I just wanted to add that my baby had them as well on his ultrasound. They had disappeared by the level II a couple of weeks later, but until then I was a complete wreck! I did a lot of research which eased my mind somewhat since it seemed like everything else was normal and the cysts most likely wouldn't be a problem. There is a website, www.choroidplexuscyst.org, that has a lot of information and support. Good luck and try to relax (I know, easier said than done!) You can also feel free to PM me.
February 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Veteran
My DD also had bilateral CPC's at the 20 wk US. The cysts by themselves are usually nothing to worry about and are very common. They disappeared later in the pg and my DD is perfectly healthy.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
February 12th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Regular
Thank you all so much for all of the comforting replies! You have really eased my mind a lot. I have also been trying to do as much research as I possibly can but you know how that can go when you are using the internet as your main source for information!! Just hearing how common these are and that all of these healthy babies are born after going through having CPCs makes me feel so good. Our doctor said that in about 6 wks he will check again to see if they are gone and I will keep you all posted. thanks!
February 18th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
Although it is one of the markers for chromosome disorders, if that is all they have found, they say not to worry. My son had Trisomy 18, they found the cysts with him first and said lots of babies have them and they simply disolve. With Charlie there were additional markers on the US as well... the main one was a club foot and my AFP was all out of whack. If that is all there is, I was told by the geneticist it is not a concern. Good luck!

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search