Can anyone Help?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rysmommy1011 Send a message via Yahoo to Rysmommy1011
Hello, I am pregnant I got my lab results today but unfortunetly they also told me that my level is only 62 and should be in the 1000's by now. I am so confused. They said they will test again Mon. and if the levels triple eveything is ok if not we have trouble. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

Thanks,

Kelly

February 18th, 2006, 02:31 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well - I don't know a lot, but my #'s are low as well. It doesn't say for sure something is wrong, especially if they only have one number to go by. I am pg #3 - 2mc's & JUST found out that my Dh has a chromosomal abnormality called balanced transolcation. So we are watching this pg very carefully. My #'s are low, but my last chart was off so I think I o'd late - very late & if that's the case we might be fine (as far as the #'s go - that is)..but my # on Weds was 10. Very very low, on Fri it was 37 - whcih the Dr seemes to think looks good - at least for now, because they are increasing as they should. I go back on Tues for another check & we will see. My chance to mc are high, my chances for other problems are high as well, but for now, I just try to look at each day by itself I guess. There is nothing else I can do & I can't let the stress get to me. I found out we had the genetics problem on Monday & got a + hpt on Tues night...and we weren't trying, we were waiting on these tests - but here we are. Try not to stress too much, it won't help aything anyway. Try to take each day by itself & let the stress go as much as possible. Best wishes.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

February 18th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well - I don't know a lot, but my #'s are low as well. It doesn't say for sure something is wrong, especially if they only have one number to go by. I am pg #3 - 2mc's & JUST found out that my Dh has a chromosomal abnormality called balanced transolcation. So we are watching this pg very carefully. My #'s are low, but my last chart was off so I think I o'd late - very late & if that's the case we might be fine (as far as the #'s go - that is)..but my # on Weds was 10. Very very low, on Fri it was 37 - whcih the Dr seemes to think looks good - at least for now, because they are increasing as they should. I go back on Tues for another check & we will see. My chance to mc are high, my chances for other problems are high as well, but for now, I just try to look at each day by itself I guess. There is nothing else I can do & I can't let the stress get to me. I found out we had the genetics problem on Monday & got a + hpt on Tues night...and we weren't trying, we were waiting on these tests - but here we are. Try not to stress too much, it won't help aything anyway. Try to take each day by itself & let the stress go as much as possible. Best wishes.[/b]

Thank you so much for your reply. I am really trying to stay positive and take it one day at a time. I hope the best for you and your family.

February 18th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
How far along are you? It could be that you just aren't as far as they thought... Hope so! Keep us posted!

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>
February 18th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How far along are you? It could be that you just aren't as far as they thought... Hope so! Keep us posted![/b]
Well that's the thing how can you know for sure??? All I do know is that my last period was Jan 13th. I think I o'ed on the 27th because I had EWCM. We had sex everyday before and a few weeks after I o'ed (or thought I did) So I really don't known. That is why I really don't know how the nurse could be so concerned for all she knows I could only be two weeks pregnant or something. I don't know I just want to be happy and I am so afraid to be just yet

February 23rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to kpokorny
Hope all goes well! Keep us updated!

1st Loss~08/14/00-No EDD
03/10/92-My beautiful daughter Kalina's Birthday!
05/12/94-My beautiful daughter Sierra's Birthday!
2nd Loss at 28 weeks~09/12/05 (Charlie's angel day - Trisomy 18)
3rd Loss at 15 weeks~03/04/06-EDD 08/23/06
4th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~09/12/06-EDD 04/08/07
5th Loss at 9 1/2 weeks~girl 01/14/08-EDD 07/23/08
6th Loss at 19 weeks~10/04/08 (Joey's angel Day - Cord accident)</div>

<div align="center">

</div>
March 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM
Regular
ok, here I go: On Feb. 6th I did a home pregnancy test, which was positive. Later that day I went to the clinic and they also got a positive urine test, no blood test YET.... As per my LMP, which was Jan 5, 2006, I should've been around 4-6 weeks pregnant...., supposedly!! On Feb. 17th (fri), I started discharging this brownish stuff..throughout the whole day, no red blood or pain. But I still went to the hospital not wanting to have a miscarriage at home. At the hospital they did a pelvic exam, cervic was still small and CLOSED, and a HCG blood test...it was 65. Because my LMP was Jan 5th. They said I was having a miscarriage because my HCG levels were not that of someone who should be between 4-6 weeks pregnant, the levels should be around the thousands...so I went home. On Feb. 18th (sat) the reb blood came, as normal as a regular period, very minor cramps...so I went back to the hospital. They did another pelvic exam, still small and CLOSED, and another HCG blood test...this time it was 61, it went down a couple of point in less than 24 hours...so they said I am definitely having a miscarriage, watch the bleeding and come back if it gets worst, for a possible D&C. But that I had to follow up with my personal Dr.

On Tues, Feb. 21 st. went back to my clinic, still had what looked like my period, they did a HCG blood test, no pelvic. But scheduled a transvaginal ultrasound for that week Thursday....I found out that my HCG level that week went up to 86!!!! but the ultrasound found nothing in the form of a pregnancy. But they did find a small cyst on my left ovary. This of course had my doctor looking very confused....and me a little irritated...am I or am I not pregnant??? no one seems to know. They are all pointing towards miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy... So they suggested I go get blood work and ultrasounds every week. So I went to get blood drawn again yesterday Tues, Feb. 28th....HCG level went up to 186!!!! But my doctor is still confused because I should be in the thousands if my last LMP was Jan 05. So again, tomorrow I will have my second transvaginal ultrasound to rule out ectopic or miscarriage....

So you see honey, I know exactly what you're going through....And I hope both you and I can laugh at this 8 months from now.....lol. I wish you the very best and just keep going to get your blood work and sonograms....I will let you know how my situation turns out....

Sincerely,
Rosie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search